Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 121 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 minutes ago, Chief said:

I heard that Mcinnes has doubled his wage at Aberdeen and verbally agreed a transfer kitty too, not too shabby. 

Not too surprised he's seemingly turned Sunderland as they are a basket case and have no money. 

Can't imagine he's doubled his wages.

With regards to Sunderland, guessing it may well have been a similar situation to the one that Lennon walked into at Bolton?

19198353_10213882999257631_1481026246_n.

7 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Can't imagine he's doubled his wages.

With regards to Sunderland, guessing it may well have been a similar situation to the one that Lennon walked into at Bolton?

19198353_10213882999257631_1481026246_n.

The wage and transfer kitty was hearsay, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too far from the truth, a wage increase at least.

Sunderland are over £150m in debt and apparently in the middle of a potential takeover, (the potential party, offered to buy an English club last year and couldn't provide proof of funds.) 

Sunderland will sell all of their assets this summer and reinsvest little back in the squad so I can see the point of it not being too appealing. 

15 hours ago, macy37 said:

What a total lack of ambition from him. Happy to plod along battling for 2nd place . Bizarre but he knows his limitations.

You could say the same about a total lack of ambition from Brendon Rogers. Happy to plod along, buying the league every season. Bizarre but he know his limitations.

Guest BlueGaz
23 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You could say the same about a total lack of ambition from Brendon Rogers. Happy to plod along, buying the league every season. Bizarre but he know his limitations.

:lol:  Touche.  

Guest BlueGaz

Great statement from the club, strange from Mcinnes as it probably came down to the fact they wouldn't  give him the money he wanted, but had to say all that I suppose, to keep the fans onside.

Great keep though :ok:

Edited by BlueGaz

17 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Im not being disparaging but why is he worth more? 

Ive not seen him play much so can't judge on anything other than games against Rangers and what other people say. So basically I can't judge him. 

Interested in what you think he's really worth. 

Purely on the basis that the figures quoted throughout the season for a potential transfer fee were well in excess of that, sometimes up to £1m was mentioned although that was realistically unlikely. The general feeling was that Thistle would be looking for at least £700k, granted that may have been fanciful but we're in a position now where we don't have a burning need to sell players.

If the fee is as low as that then hopefully there are a few add ons and a sell on clause added too.

Interesting to note that the Oxford manager is in talks to become the Leicester assistant manager, Don't know if that will have an effect on the deal.

58 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

as it probably came down to the fact they wouldn't  give him the money he wanted,

In the words of Graham Spiers : "Made up shite"

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

In the words of Graham Spiers : "Made up shite"

:lol:  You don't go and speak to another team, then come back and say what he said.  These things are about money. 

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol:  You don't go and speak to another team, then come back and say what he said.  These things are about money. 

I refer you to my previous comment. You don't have a fecking clue :ok: 

And just for reference, he didn't go anywhere, Sunderland flew 1000's of miles to speak to him. He told them to GTF :) 

Guest BlueGaz

:lol::lol:  I see that, because Aberdeen have better training facilities from when he started.  Feck all to do with the deal Sunderland offered.  If its not about money, I will accept Sunderland don't have as good training facilities as The Famous.

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol::lol:  I see that, because Aberdeen have better training facilities from when he started.  Feck all to do with the deal Sunderland offered.  If its not about money, I will accept Sunderland don't have as good training facilities as The Famous.

Derek McInnes will be a very wealthy man and according to reports would've trebled his current wage by going to Sunderland. I expect the reasons he turned them down are: 

- They're a basket case club who're £100 million in debt and he'd have to sell his best players and would be given feck all to spend
- He'd be expected to get them promoted and if he didn't, would likely be sacked (possibly even by Christmas if they were performing poorly)
- If the reasons outlined above come to pass, then he won't get another decent job in England. It'd certainly screw him in the race for the West Brom job (which i suspect is the one he really wants)
- He's got a good thing going at Aberdeen. He must have been given assurances regarding budget and development of the training ground/new stadium (Dave Cormack coming on baord no doubt helped that too). 

You've just completely made up that Sunderland wouldn't pay him what he wanted and are ignoring a whole host of more likely reasons. 

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

kin hell. i was scrolling through this and accidentally reported this. the report isn't a 2 click selection.

it is. Don't know whats happened there.

:lol: how shit is this.

Edited by scoobydoo

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Derek McInnes will be a very wealthy man and according to reports would've trebled his current wage by going to Sunderland. I expect the reasons he turned them down are: 

- They're a basket case club who're £100 million in debt and he'd have to sell his best players and would be given feck all to spend
- He'd be expected to get them promoted and if he didn't, would likely be sacked (possibly even by Christmas if they were performing poorly)
- If the reasons outlined above come to pass, then he won't get another decent job in England. It'd certainly screw him in the race for the West Brom job (which i suspect is the one he really wants)
- He's got a good thing going at Aberdeen. He must have been given assurances regarding budget and development of the training ground/new stadium (Dave Cormack coming on baord no doubt helped that too). 

You've just completely made up that Sunderland wouldn't pay him what he wanted and are ignoring a whole host of more likely reasons. 

I used the words probably, and if.  I never made anything up.  It was my opinion and i think it is closer to the truth than yours.  So ironically, you stop making things up Parky boy.

He went and spoke to them, there is your loyalty.  Couldn't come to an agreement with them and then says he wants to see certain projects through.  Utter shite, even if your reasons are closer to the truth, he has feck all loyalty, he just hasn't got what he wants ..... yet.

"Given what Derek has achieved here, there is inevitably going to be interest from other clubs [agree] and in making the decision to stay, he has demonstrated how much Aberdeen football club means to him. [:lol::lol:]"

Edited by BlueGaz

As previously stated the reason he turned Sunderland down as they are in the middle of a takeover and they may want their own man in eventually. 

Even in their current financial state Sunderland would be able to offer him more money and more of a transfer budget, but it's all relative. 

Having said that, he will have worked this situation to get assurances and more cash at Aberdeen. 

Guest BlueGaz

Yeah, I know you are probably right.  I just find all the hysteria and the I love the man stuff really funny, when there was absolutely no loyalty involved whatsoever.

Not sure what I have done with the quote function.

36 minutes ago, Chief said:

As previously stated the reason he turned Sunderland down as they are in the middle of a takeover and they may want their own man in eventually. 

Even in their current financial state Sunderland would be able to offer him more money and more of a transfer budget, but it's all relative. 

Having said that, he will have worked this situation to get assurances and more cash at Aberdeen. 

Edited by BlueGaz

47 minutes ago, Chief said:

No doubt about that at all.

However, given they could offer more cash personally and he decided to stay put shows loyalty in my view.

His revised salary will be short of the Sunderland offer by quite some distance I should think. Perhaps even half. (That's purely a guess btw)

Edited by Redz

Guest BlueGaz
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

"No loyalty at all" :lol: 

Neither he has. You're deluded. Only with you till he gets what he wants. Proved that this week. To be fair, he does deserve a lot better. Good manager. 

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Redz said:

And he wonders why :lol:

Irony and his quote function are truly fuking him over.......

Ohh, here's minion no.1 to back up Parkie. Not who I was expecting first though. Mind you, sheep are herd animals who follow the first. 

Only you boys who are truly fecked over this week Larry. 

Edited by BlueGaz

20 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

There's another way to look at it.

why would he want to go to a club who need to sell the family silver just to survive? They are a yoyo club who have achieved the square root of feck all, their supporters like many English club fans are delusional because they get large sums of cash for being shite. Sunderland are a terrible club, the only thing they have which Aberdeen don't is sky tv money. 

theres a lot of positives around Aberdeen at the moment, if that continues with Mcinnes at the helm he will get a better offer than a shite club like Sunderland. It was a good decision by Mcinnes 

45 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There's another way to look at it.

why would he want to go to a club who need to sell the family silver just to survive? They are a yoyo club who have achieved the square root of feck all, their supporters like many English club fans are delusional because they get large sums of cash for being shite. Sunderland are a terrible club, the only thing they have which Aberdeen don't is sky tv money. 

theres a lot of positives around Aberdeen at the moment, if that continues with Mcinnes at the helm he will get a better offer than a shite club like Sunderland. It was a good decision by Mcinnes 

Totally agree. He's had a time at a poorly run English club, why make the same mistake again. 

He may have trebled his wages for a short period but in the long term it would have set his reputation back to zero. 

On 2017-6-15 at 4:26 PM, Lion Rampant said: