This Board Needs Tunes - Page 158 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

Or is it TV themes? :blink:

Or TV test card tunes?   (Ask yer granny.)   My mum used to stick me in front of the TV for, oh two and a half hours or so before Andy Pandy, and I'd sit starin at the screen and listen to some version of this...

I dearly miss the b&w Nazi film of the Black Forest with mythical/mystical cabins & damsels in the woods with this Wagner tune that used to be on YouTube.   A pink photo is not the same.   Ok, you had to be there... ok mibees not.

I am serious though.   This is my favourite classical/orchestral tune and this fekiin pink photo is meh.   The 30's film seems to have been taken down.   It was probably too good.   It was crackly black & white, but had the sunbeams coming through the forest, a cabin in the woods, feck-off big trees and everything.   Magical, like central European fairytales, but in the summer before all the bad shite hapenned.

For the record, I'm not being political here.   Whomsoever took down a damn good film possibly was   Remember the Singing Ringing Tree?   Like that, but just the magic.   Oanyhoo, just a tune with no words.   So I'd better shut up.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Or is it TV themes? :blink:

Or TV test card tunes?   (Ask yer granny.)   My mum used to stick me in front of the TV for, oh two and a half hours or so before Andy Pandy, and I'd sit starin at the screen and listen to some version of this...

Every school summer holidays watched this Robinson Crusoe but because the Scottish schools went back earlier than English schools never seen the end. Did he ever get off that feckin island? 

1 minute ago, Och Aye said:

Every school summer holidays watched this Robinson Crusoe but because the Scottish schools went back earlier than English schools never seen the end. Did he ever get off that feckin island? 

The cnut never went to an island.   Author was an English spy who totted up how many pieces of silver it would cost to bribe our lords to sell our country.   Meanwhile, he heard about a Scots sailor who's tale is here if you trust Wiki.