This Board Needs Tunes - Page 159 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

I'm destined never to know what happened at the end of that Robinson Crusoe program. Just going to assume a ship came along and picked him and Man Friday up. 

Anyway here's another memory for us auld farts. 

Edited by Och Aye

8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I dearly miss the b&w Nazi film of the Black Forest with mythical/mystical cabins & damsels in the woods with this Wagner tune that used to be on YouTube.   A pink photo is not the same.   Ok, you had to be there... ok mibees not.

I am serious though.   This is my favourite classical/orchestral tune and this fekiin pink photo is meh.   The 30's film seems to have been taken down.   It was probably too good.   It was crackly black & white, but had the sunbeams coming through the forest, a cabin in the woods, feck-off big trees and everything.   Magical, like central European fairytales, but in the summer before all the bad shite hapenned.

For the record, I'm not being political here.   Whomsoever took down a damn good film possibly was   Remember the Singing Ringing Tree?   Like that, but just the magic.   Oanyhoo, just a tune with no words.   So I'd better shut up.

Awww fuck, you said Singing Ringing Tree. No sleep for me for the next fortnight then.

5 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Are you simply confusing flora and fauna, or leading a splinter group on principle? (and 'Maggot Brain' is shorter than 'Lohengrin').

I'd love to lead a splinter group on principle. In these strange times I thought I'd better google, just in case everything I held dear was wrong. No idea what you're on about.

4 minutes ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Sorry, did not realise videos were a requirement.  I mean that is probably close to being my favorite album of all time.... but the guy can’t sing. It’s like a Sunday league player getting a game in the World Cup.

My puter is ancient, loads slow, think I saw the text before the link. Soz.