Gavin Gunning.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good riddance and pity help any club who thinks he has anything to offer on a football pitch.

Still think the own goal against Hamilton in November was deliberate , even more so now. 

I'm sure we could find someone else who can't defend to stand miles out of position waving his arm in the air for no apparent reason . 

Club far too slow in doing what they've done , Mixu should've booted his a@5e down the street at full time, feck 3 days later!

Deliberate handball, ungentlemanly conduct, dissent, leaving/ entering the field of play without permission, wage fraud, pretending to be a player, failure to understand offside, .........if the ref had given enough yellows and reds we could have got the useless b@@@@@d Sin die !

11 hours ago, black'n'tan said:

Deliberate handball, ungentlemanly conduct, dissent, leaving/ entering the field of play without permission, wage fraud, pretending to be a player, failure to understand offside, .........if the ref had given enough yellows and reds we could have got the useless b@@@@@d Sin die !

Don't think refs can give cards for the last 3. Thankfully for Pippo Inzaghi who would have spent his career suspended rather than offside.I get your point though!

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

According to the Record this morning Gunning is refusing to leave and intends to see out the remaining 6 weeks of his contract.  You could say he's sticking to his Gunnings (sorry!).

In that case, stick him on garden leave and then wait for him to take them to a tribunal for the loss of 6 week's earnings plus any bonuses that he is unlikely to get anyway. His actions were such that he wouldn't risk the costs of a tribunal I wouldn't have thought.

I think tribunals are heavily favoured towards the employee as are the regulations that both parties' counsels and the tribunal will likely refer to.  He may even manage a constructive dismissal claim based on him saying he was injured, told the bench, they did nothing so he acted in his own best interests by picking up the ball and leaving the pitch. Utd probably want to avoid a tribunal if the aforementioned assumptions have any credibility. 

Best off paying him for remainder of contract (assuming that's until end of season) and letting him rot on the training ground on his lonesome