ICT v Hearts off - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ICT v Hearts off

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, slasher said:

It's not up to the other club to agree to call the game off. 

They can agree to rearrange the dates. Clubs do it all the time. 

We've done it in past for a variety of reasons. Only needs both clubs to agree. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Gastroentiritis is not an easy or quick thing to recover from.

I'll be interested to see how many of their 1st team squad that were apparently unable to travel yesterday are playing on Friday.

Edited by Rossy

15 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

One first squad keeper. Why not use a reserve or youth as back-up. 

We've not been able to field a full bench for some games this season and had youth players on bench to make up numbers at other times. 

I think they said they've got one goalkeeper over the age of 16 available.

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I wonder if we might see a few more of these postponements in the future now that one has been approved? 

Might be wrong but can't remember any cases like this in the past. Always seems to be a case of being told to get on with it using any available registered players.

Would it not be the goalkeeping situation which might have seen this treated differently?

53 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Gastroentiritis is not an easy or quick thing to recover from.

I'll be interested to see how many of their 1st team squad that were apparently unable to travel yesterday are playing on Friday.

Brilliantly paranoid.

11 minutes ago, neil r said:

Brilliantly paranoid.

It's difficult to post anything on here these days without it being labelled obsessive, paranoid or a w@nky phrase.

This is cautiously cynical at worst.  In fact, not to think Hearts were at it would be naive.

16 minutes ago, neil r said:

Brilliantly paranoid.

Paranoid ? Utter rubbish.

As my Sheepy friend pointed out, curious at best, slightly cynical at worst.

I think we all agree that gastroentiritis isn't an easy thing to get over ? That being the case, I admit to being cynical when I wonder how many who would have missed tonight's game will suddenly recover fitness for Friday.

There's no real reason for hearts to be at it.

They have a 12 point gap either way, they will finish 3rd. They could win all their games or none and would still finish 3rd.

Do agree with the point about recovery for Friday though. If they only got ill on Sunday/Monday, they won't be 100% fit by Friday...

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They have a 12 point gap either way, they will finish 3rd. They could win all their games or none and would still finish 3rd.

And there's the rub.

"Cynicism" notwithstanding.

Edited by neil r

46 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Who knows ?

Maybe they're terrified of Motherwell catching them for 3rd.

43 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

That seems to have been the suggestion.

Pretty sure other sides have had to go with the youth keeper.

If they only have one over the age of 16 available, that would suggest they don't have anyone else who would be old enough to take part.

They wouldn't be allowed to name a 15 year old, would they?

14 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

They wouldn't be allowed to name a 15 year old, would they?

Not sure?

looked up john Fleck as remebeted he'd played for Rangers very young. Played a friendly at 15, but made his league debut aged 16 years and 1day.

found this too on his Wikipedia.

On 2 August 2009 it was revealed that Fleck had been dropped from the Rangers first-team after a training ground bust-up involving a bucket of chicken, with the then assistant manager Ally McCoist

:lol:

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

On 2 August 2009 it was revealed that Fleck had been dropped from the Rangers first-team after a training ground bust-up involving a bucket of chicken, with the then assistant manager Ally McCoist

I was actually looking at his wiki page last week for some reason. 

I've got a picture in my head of Fleck rocking up to training with a bucket of KFC and McCoist wanting some but Fleck wouldn't share. McCoist then got really upset as he wanted some fried chicken, took a temper tantrum, told Walter Smith and got Fleck dropped from the team.

Edited by iainmac1

16 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I was actually looking at his wiki page last week for some reason. 

I've got a picture in my head of Fleck rocking up to training with a bucket of KFC and McCoist wanting some but Fleck wouldn't share. McCoist then got really upset as he wanted some fried chicken, took a temper tantrum, told Walter Smith and got Fleck dropped from the team.

That's pretty much the mental picture I was playing out in my head!

It's surely a joke entry?

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They can agree to rearrange the dates. Clubs do it all the time. 

We've done it in past for a variety of reasons. Only needs both clubs to agree. 

Sorry, but you're making it up. The authorities have the final say in all cases.

3 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

I wonder if we might see a few more of these postponements in the future now that one has been approved? 

From what I heard it's cost Hearts a packet in terms of rearranged accommodation and transport so I doubt it was a decision that they took lightly...

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

Sorry, but you're making it up. The authorities have the final say in all cases.

I'd presume the SFA/SPFL can veto it, but clubs do rearrange, for example moving a midweek fixture to a Scottish cup date.

Have clubs not also requested it for Euro games? I think Aberdeen did it last year and Rangers and Gretna did it a few years ago...

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd presume the SFA/SPFL can veto it, but clubs do rearrange, for example moving a midweek fixture to a Scottish cup date.

Have clubs not also requested it for Euro games? I think Aberdeen did it last year and Rangers and Gretna did it a few years ago...

Yeah there are plenty of instances of games being moved. There are also others where they are told no.

My point is simply that the clubs cant get together and decide on moving a game. The authorities have the final say in all cases. If one club asks for a postponement for some reason they might ask the opposing club for their views depending on the circumstances. However it's more likely they will make the decision based on the facts presented to them.

PS as a wee footnote, I'm sure both Celtic and Rangers were granted one and denied another postponement in their Uefa cup final runs. In both cases I'm pretty sure the opposing clubs were in agreement but the SPL said no

Edited by slasher

I think Rangers were granted one v Gretna, when there was probably no need given how bad Gretna were and Rangers squad size, which was a factor in their fixture pile up at the end of the season. They then asked for the season to be extended and were told no. (Just off top of my head, may be wrong?)