Explosions at Brussels Airport - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Explosions at Brussels Airport

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy times, was just reading yesterday that the UK is holding Terror Drills soon for up to 10 attacks.

Regarding retribution for the ringleader, would have to have been planned quickly then, obviously possible, i'm not sure.

12 minutes ago, phart said:

Heavy times, was just reading yesterday that the UK is holding Terror Drills soon for up to 10 attacks.

Regarding retribution for the ringleader, would have to have been planned quickly then, obviously possible, i'm not sure.

Maybe sleeper cell with explosive ready, just waiting for a call 

29 minutes ago, phart said:

Appears to be a suicide bomber - at least at the airport - if you have the material already, I doubt it takes a huge amount of planning.  A case of walking up to where there are a lot people and pulling the pin.

41 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Maybe sleeper cell with explosive ready, just waiting for a call 

It's hard to call it sleeper cell when the people are actively living and probably born in Brussels. In an area 15 min walk from city centre. An evil an absurd ideology. The leader who was caught in past few days effectively "shat it" in Paris and did not "martyr" himself by throwing away suicide vest.

PIRA were capable of mounting an attack within 15 mins. These people are much better funded and equipped. And whilst the guy or woman delivering the bomb might be thick as pigshit the people who manufacture these devices are usually Chemists , electronics engineers etc. In addition they are constantly preparing attacks , carrying out recce's of potential targets. Exactly the same as the military /security forces do , contingency plans, what if scenarios. Almost every single major public building and facility in UK has been assessed by security forces as to how they would deal with an incident in that location. Unfortunately thanks to Tory cutbacks we don't have sufficient resources to do it properly . 

Wouldn't be anything to do with the security forces intervening beforehand ? The public don't always get to know when these things happen, nor indeed do they need to.

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Whatever you say this kind of thing will not end anytime soon; there is always another suicide bomber ready to take the place of the deceased. The only end will come when the people of the West turn on their own governments for interfering in other people's countries.

Yes. It's the fault of Belgium.... FFS.

Just remember this: all this increased security to defend us against terrorists can one day be used against the masses, against any of us arguing for revolution. The only thing individual terrorism achieves is that the the forces of reaction become much stronger. Watch 'The Night Manager' to see the role of the MoD in action.

7 minutes ago, MacTaz said:

Wouldn't be anything to do with the security forces intervening beforehand ? The public don't always get to know when these things happen, nor indeed do they need to.

We do when it turns up in court. Can't recall seeing much in the news apart from loads of folk getting let off once it goes to court.

I'm well aware of the processes and security services etc.

And will you be leading this revolution of which you speak ? Will you be storming the gates of Westminster , or will you be cheering them on from the safety of your keyboard ? 

3 minutes ago, phart said:

We do when it turns up in court. Can't recall seeing much in the news apart from loads of folk getting let off once it goes to court.

I'm well aware of the processes and security services etc.

And why do they get let off ? Because we are prevented form presenting evidence because it may not have been gathered in a way which certain people approve of . 

8 minutes ago, MacTaz said:

And why do they get let off ? Because we are prevented form presenting evidence because it may not have been gathered in a way which certain people approve of . 

That would be ways that break the law then? 

17 minutes ago, MacTaz said:

And will you be leading this revolution of which you speak ? Will you be storming the gates of Westminster , or will you be cheering them on from the safety of your keyboard ? 

Cheap shot. I'm not a pacifist but I won't be fighting to protect the interests of an elite class which does not represent me. My grandfather made that mistake in 1914. The Bolshevik Rev. in 1917 resulted in remarkably few deaths unlike the imperialist war of 14-18.