How often do you wash your car - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How often do you wash your car

I think i've washed a car twice in my life. I also see folk out washing their car more than once a week.
If you buy a car as an identity claim then you're going to keep it in good shape as you've bought it to project to people.

Maybe if i ever owned a car that cost over 1k i would be more likely to spend time on it.

I wash mine every other week in the winter, mainly just to get the salt etc out of the wheel arches and alloys.There must be a lot of company car drivers on here who don't value their vehicle as much as an owner would...

Hate getting into a car where the inside is all dusty and generally untidy.

in the winter probably every 2nd weekend and I'll jet wash as much of the arches and underside as I can in an attempt to get the road salt off it. Less in the summer simply because there isn't as much cack on the roads.

The car I owned during the 2 bad winters 5/6 years ago rusted away in front of my eyes during that period.

Very rarely, sometimes take it to the Lithuanian chaps in Barrhead who do a great job for 4 quid. With the dog now though the inside needs hoovered more. 

My Dad is very car proud and washes his every couple of weeks weather permitting

23 hours ago, teecee- said:

Never. 

Think there are people who also give cars a name- WTF.

We do that to distinguish our two cars when deciding which one to take (Bertie and Dot, for those who are interested...)

My car is mocket after a trip to and from Oban this week. I'm contemplating trying to claim the car wash costs back on expenses seeing as it got dirty as the result of a business trip.

On 27/02/2016 at 9:37 AM, thewolf_1980 said:

We do that to distinguish our two cars when deciding which one to take (Bertie and Dot, for those who are interested...)

My car is mocket after a trip to and from Oban this week. I'm contemplating trying to claim the car wash costs back on expenses seeing as it got dirty as the result of a business trip.

Do you need the 4 quid back that badly?

47 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Do you need the 4 quid back that badly?

No, I don't.

I'm not actually going to claim it back but if I need to spend 4 quid a week for the remaining 5 months of the project simply by visiting the site, costs will mount up. It's an occupational hazard. Roll on the better weather.

4 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

No, I don't.

I'm not actually going to claim it back but if I need to spend 4 quid a week for the remaining 5 months of the project simply by visiting the site, costs will mount up. It's an occupational hazard. Roll on the better weather.

We were recently told we had to wash our company cars weekly as they were giving customers a poor impression. 

I asked my gaffer if I could chuck it through my expenses but he more or less told me to f@ck off.

I know boys that claim screw wash and de-icer on their expenses.

I take mine to the polish boys on aikenhead road. 3 quid a time. 

1 hour ago, Baz said:

We were recently told we had to wash our company cars weekly as they were giving customers a poor impression. 

I asked my gaffer if I could chuck it through my expenses but he more or less told me to f@ck off.

I know boys that claim screw wash and de-icer on their expenses.

I take mine to the polish boys on aikenhead road. 3 quid a time. 

We have an account with a local car wash. We just sign for a wash and we take it in turns to pay the monthly invoice and claim on our expenses. 

18 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

No, I don't.

Ahhh didnt realise you meant for so long, would defos claim it for that.

Feeling a tad guilty - and having today off work - I went to a local car wash...to find 8 cars already waiting to get washed - at ten to two on a Monday!!  Was gobsmacked. I truly expected to just sail in and get washed straight away. Couldn't be arsed waiting in a queue so car is still manky.

34 minutes ago, jenblueeyes said:

Feeling a tad guilty - and having today off work - I went to a local car wash...to find 8 cars already waiting to get washed - at ten to two on a Monday!!  Was gobsmacked. I truly expected to just sail in and get washed straight away. Couldn't be arsed waiting in a queue so car is still manky.

I was the same yesterday afternoon. 

But there was only 2 cars and the kids were bugging me,so I went home. 

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What's the point of having kids if your not going to make them wash your car?

It was quite cold and it was the youngest's birthday on Saturday,so gave them all a weekend off. 

Edited by dandydunn

Years ago I washed my car and filled it with petrol on the same day and it was stolen that night. I took it as a sign to change my ways and I now only put petrol in as car goes better with that than when it's empty but clean.