Aberdeen V Celtic - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen V Celtic

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be tonight, I don't have sky lol

Me neither.

I was watching 500 miles away on an app that happened to show RaSellick 'bottled it' (I'm sure a few of your fellow tattie munchers have said the same about the 'Famous') bud!

I can send you a link if ye like? ;)

Back on track.

East Kilbride must fancy their chances at set pieces on Sunday. The whole Celtic defence looked like they'd never seen a ball before and were stunned by this white spinning object every time it flew into the box.

They took their lead from Craig Gordon, who frankly, is awful. Awful, on cross balls.

Been saying for ages he needs dropped but he gets an easy ride because of the shambles in front of him.

KT and Thumb are the shining lights for us. Failing to attack to the ball at the 2nd goal aside I quite liked the look of Sviatchenko.

The biggest concern for me is our shambolic defending in front of the back 4, the total inability to defend corners and wtf has happened to Armstrong... truly awful. Also, Hayes showed GMS what a wide player is supposed to be about on a night like tonight.

Half way up my whisky cabinet but nevertheless, time for reflection. We were terrible in the first 20 mins. Nobody wanted to take responsibility. A very good strike from Hayes turns the game on its head. Celtic imploded. It was almost obvious that Aberdeen's second goal was coming form that corner. Think Bitton (despite having no heart), Tiernay and Griffiths are superb. Them aside, could have been watching anyone in the league. Shinnie was the best player on the pitch. The lad has a lion heart.

Congratulations to the Dons! Brilliant result and I pray they can go the distance and trump these f'uckers. It would be sensational for World football not just Scottish fitba' after the domination of the ugly two. Special mention for PARKLIFE as all the way from Chicago(where is it again?) lol.

Chuffed to bits for the Dons on here and Rossy, milk it laddie as you deserve it!

Last nights result makes it even more galling that we didn't sign 2/3 players in January who could have put first team players under pressure for their place or stepped in to replace them.

I know I'm being a right miserable but the league is/was there to be won.

Three massive away games coming up against two teams who gubbed us during October and a team we struggled to break down at home before the New Year.

Congratulations to the Dons! Brilliant result and I pray they can go the distance and trump these f'uckers. It would be sensational for World football not just Scottish fitba' after the domination of the ugly two. Special mention for PARKLIFE as all the way from Chicago(where is it again?) lol.

Chuffed to bits for the Dons on here and Rossy, milk it laddie as you deserve it!

There's nothing like keeping things in perspective.....and that was nothing like it. Sensational for world fitba? You need a lie down son!

Didn't see the game, surprised when I saw the result this morning. It will be interesting if Aberdeen can put a good run of games together and keep the pressure on, as Celtic (players and management) don't appear to be able to handle it and some of the support is clearly unhappy. Nine points would have meant it was all over, but last night's result keeps things boiling along nicely. The league as a whole desperately needs someone outside the OF to really challenge for the title, maybe this can be the year. If I'm honest I doubt it, but would be very happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers, but I've been around so long that I know fine that this result (against a poorly performing Celtic team) will mean nothing unless we keep on winning.

That's out of the way, now we probably have our most difficult game of the season on Saturday at McDairmid against a Saints team that we always struggle against.

Whereas it's always fun to poke a few sticks on here, I'm not a gloater or a milker (oooh aaar) as I know full well that in football what goes around, comes around. We're out of both cups and we're still up against it in the league.

Celtic were poor the last couple of games, but they won't be forever. It was only a fortnight ago that they rattled Hamilton for 8.

Celtic are showing a rare weakness at the moment. Richard Foster on Radio Scotland after Ross County victory couple days ago said teams do not fear Celtic like they did in the past.

They have the resources but they have injuries, some strange signings, a struggling manager and wobbling players with their fans on their back.

The title race is still on.

When was the last time Aberdeen beat Celtic in both their league games at home? Also Celtic were lucky to finish with 11 men looking at the highlights. Richards already looks to have discipline issues.

1990-1991 season according to the commentator last night.

There's nothing like keeping things in perspective.....and that was nothing like it. Sensational for world fitba? You need a lie down son!

I think that's fair. If Aberdeen beat Celtic to the league it is the equivalent of my 9 year old beating me at chess.

Really, I can't think of a team in the world with a bigger built in advantage in their league. The Premiership is multi-millionaires Celtic who have so much money they can't spend it versus 11 clubs without a pot to piss in.

Edited by adamntg

Lets keep it positive.

Aberdeen are challenging Celtic for the league. Celtic are the dominant football establishment in Scotland with 5 to 10x the resources as others.

Hearts have been resurrected and ate strong enough to beat Celtic.

Lots of good news stories in the Scottish Cup including Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride.

A very tight bottom 6 looking to avoid relegation and play off place.

Championship is exciting with Rangers, Hibs and don't forget Falkirk challenging each other.

Lets keep it positive.

Aberdeen are challenging Celtic for the league. Celtic are the dominant football establishment in Scotland with 5 to 10x the resources as others.

Lots of good news stories in the Scottish Cup including Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride.

Championship is exciting with Rangers, Hibs and don't forget Falkirk challenging each other.

For once, I agree with you.

Not to forget a cracking League Cup final that could go either way, and a Scottish cup that well, it looks like anyone can win. Just not Aberdeen. Or Celtic, probably.

Lets keep it positive.

Good post, Alan. :ok: