Why Is Snow In Usa Major News In Uk? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Is Snow In Usa Major News In Uk?

SA

What folk are that? Previous generation would have no idea about east coast USA weather cos we didn't give a fck and it wasn't reported.

My mum certainly used to say it..but she was a Daily Mail reader and they are reporting the storm is on it's way to parts of the UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3414277/Now-Storm-Jonas-way-UK.html

On average 3679 people die in Brasil every day. I've never heard that reported on national news.

Poor people don't count.

Like you say, it happens every day so not news.

That said though, 3679 dying daily out of a population of 205 million, that ain't bad.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Poor people don't count.

Like you say, it happens every day so not news.

That said though, 3679 dying daily out of a population of 205 million, that ain't bad.

J

Its also a lower death rate than the UK, really can't understand why its getting no coverage here.

Edited by aaid

A bit hypocritical, the license fee is what funds the BBC website.

Not really - they are having to provide a service that I am not paying for which I am quite happy with. It would be better though if its was costing them for me to use it.

Not really - they are having to provide a service that I am not paying for which I am quite happy with. It would be better though if its was costing them for me to use it.

Do you think bandwidth, processor power and server space is free?

Just like the people who think its 'greener' to send an email than a letter who don't think about the energy required to power all the servers.

Do you think bandwidth, processor power and server space is free?

Just like the people who think its 'greener' to send an email than a letter who don't think about the energy required to power all the servers.

Oh great so I am costing them money. I will go on their site more often now then. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35394742

Among other deaths attributed to the storm was that of a man in North Carolina who stopped to help a motorist whose car had veered off an icy road. Police said the Good Samaritan was shot by the man he had gone to help.

Now reported that there were a few that went to help the stranded motorist and they believed he had been drinking

They decided to call the Police to let them deal with it and the guy in the car heard them

He got out and struck the victim who fell to the ground. He then stood over him and shot him several times and got back in the car and refused to get out

Eventually a SWAT team were called in and they have him in custody

Now reported that there were a few that went to help the stranded motorist and they believed he had been drinking

They decided to call the Police to let them deal with it and the guy in the car heard them

He got out and struck the victim who fell to the ground. He then stood over him and shot him several times and got back in the car and refused to get out

Eventually a SWAT team were called in and they have him in custody

Sounds like perfectly normal behaviour.............in America.

SA

What folk are that? Previous generation would have no idea about east coast USA weather cos we didn't give a fck and it wasn't reported.

Whit bollocks.

Edited by andymac

So, that was storm Jonas ws it? That was so wild that I almost noticed it.

I thought the last one, that caused the floods up north, was called Frank. What happened to G, H, and I?

It was Jonas in the US it became Gertrude when it arrived on the West Coast, which is currently taking a bit of a battering. Tonight and tomorrow will see the full force of it.

It was Jonas in the US it became Gertrude when it arrived on the West Coast, which is currently taking a bit of a battering. Tonight and tomorrow will see the full force of it.

I always thought that meteorology was a bit of a pseudo science, but gender realignment half way across the Atlantic is pretty impressive.