Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 45 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Did you not watch the project veritas videos? He has them red handed, talking openly about all these dirty tactics. Folk were sacked / resigned after it was released. Trump openly accused Clinton during the 3rd debate of paying protesters to incite violence at his rallies, she never denied it. This is not 'propaganda'. 

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

So yeah you have to be very suspicious about a lot of these protests now especially the violent ones.

Edited by thplinth

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Did you not watch the project veritas videos? He has them red handed, talking openly about all these dirty tactics. Folk were sacked / resigned after it was released. Trump openly accused Clinton during the 3rd debate of paying protesters to incite violence at his rallies, she never denied it. This is not 'propaganda'. 

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

So yeah you have to be very suspicious about a lot of these protests now especially the violent ones.

Yeah - but there is a lot of muck out there about O'Keefe meaning there is dubiety - even Fox news reportedly told him to give it a rest lol

Both sides are at it - maybe one more than the other - but they are both up to no good and it is not going to end well

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Yeah - but there is a lot of muck out there about O'Keefe meaning there is dubiety - even Fox news reportedly told him to give it a rest lol

Both sides are at it - maybe one more than the other - but they are both up to no good and it is not going to end well

Just realized I copied the wrong link. Here is the DM reporting on it. I am aware of the claims about O'Keefe but I watched the vids and made my own mind up. They are pretty damning IMHO. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3849570/They-paid-1-500-Trump-says-Hillary-s-campaign-PAYING-protesters-disrupt-rallies-video-expos-catches-organizer-boasting-team-country-does-that.html

So in the run ups (since Nixon's time at least), they campaign for the opponent they want in each other's party they want to face, paid plants at conferences and again afterwards to be violent in opponents' garb.

Then again, I suppose agent provocateur is not a new term either.

The sad thing is that there will be things reported on both sides that are apalling but also true but we will be at a stage where we will not believe any of them

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I've never seen anyone on here nurse a chubby over a politician as much.  And given the SNP's prominence that's saying something. 

Christ you really do miss the point don't you. Donald Trump is NOT a politician. That was the whole point in electing him. That is what made him an exciting candidate prospect that appealed to so many people. 

People have been saying for years that politics is corrupt and rotten and full of professional politician types who sell out their electorate time after time. If only a true outsider would run and clean out the mess (or at least try)....,

Then along comes exactly that (and time will tell) and you reject it because wait for it the media said bad things about him. FFS... where is that facepalm picture.

I have been debating this with an English guy down the pub who is very anti Trump. Repeats all the media stuff over and over until one day I asked him if he had ever watched a single Trump speech to gauge what he says for himself. Immediate reply, "No". And that was it. No intention to neither. I suspect many many people were the same. It was an eye opener listening to the speeches directly. You just quickly realized that what the media portrayed and the reality were very different. This was not the case with Clinton.

As I said many times - the media hatred of him was the best endorsement he could get. 

Edited by thplinth

21 hours ago, thplinth said:

Christ you really do miss the point don't you. Donald Trump is NOT a politician. That was the whole point in electing him. That is what made him an exciting candidate prospect that appealed to so many people. 

People have been saying for years that politics is corrupt and rotten and full of professional politician types who sell out their electorate time after time. If only a true outsider would run and clean out the mess (or at least try)....,

Then along comes exactly that (and time will tell) and you reject it because wait for it the media said bad things about him. FFS... where is that facepalm picture.

I have been debating this with an English guy down the pub who is very anti Trump. Repeats all the media stuff over and over until one day I asked him if he had ever watched a single Trump speech to gauge what he says for himself. Immediate reply, "No". And that was it. No intention to neither. I suspect many many people were the same. It was an eye opener listening to the speeches directly. You just quickly realized that what the media portrayed and the reality were very different. This was not the case with Clinton.

As I said many times - the media hatred of him was the best endorsement he could get. 

He might not be a poltitican but he'll end up feeling like one. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He might not be a poltitican but he'll end up feeling like one. 

As President of the USA to be he is unquestionably going to be a politician and already has been for the last year and a bit. He referred to himself as one during a debate and then quickly said something like "I can't believe i just sad that but I suppose it is true". So yeah but also no.

Where he will overlap with them is the (art of the) deal. He will approach politics the same way would be my guess. One deal at a time to get things done. Will he succeed? I really don't know. But I think based on his track record you have to give him a chance to succeed and not immediately write him off. 

So Trump is going to compromise with people make no mistake. He will compromise where he needs to and where he calculates it is worth it to make the deals. "Both parties have to be happy with the deal to make it happen that is key". These are his paraphrased words. And then this is where the work ethic will come in, he will be unrelenting and simply grind down a lot resistance is my guess but we will see.

He is genuinely shocked at his treatment in the media, he knew it would be tough but he never expected this level. I think this has resulted in a very compressed crash course in politics for him.

Obama appealed to him during their meeting to keep some aspects of Obamacare as it was not all bad. He has said he will look into it. Truth is I think they got on very well including their wives. 10 minute meeting went for an hour and a half and he tweeted that Melania really liked 'Mrs O'. 

edit: Remember Obama is fighting for his very legacy. He is leaving with the house & senate in republican hands and handing the keys to the Whitehouse to a republican president. So much of what Obama did he did by by-passing congress using executive orders. Trump can rescind these overnight I understand. If Obamacare is fully scrapped he has no legacy. Trump is actually trying to be nice to him here.

No chance Clinton will go to jail. She will be pardoned. Bill called Trump a day or two ago and they had a good conversation according to Trump so wounds are being healed and hatchets buried. So a deal will be made and either Trump or Obama will pardon her is my guess. 

edit probably Obama will do it. And Trump will say for the sake of national unity I accept it blah blah... but a deal was made.

Edited by thplinth

On 11/11/2016 at 7:58 PM, thplinth said:

:ok:

52 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

When you see an interview like this you wonder why there was no backing from left leaning liberals

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e8e_1478834527

For some reason I thought that was going to be bad. :lol:  Lot of positive comments I see.

Trump has confirmed he will not be taking his $400,000 annual salary as president. First time this has happened since Kennedy and only the third time ever I read (Herbert Hoover being the other). Probably donate it to a veterans charity or other good cause as the other two did.

Edited by thplinth

Of course the other thing smart folk were telling us was how if Trump did win he would be unable to do anything due to opposition in the house and senate and he would be a lame duck blah blah... well have a watch of this. It is even more extreme than I imagined above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/11/krauthammer-tells-megyn-kelly-president-obamas-legacy-toast

I did not realize it but apparently they have a shit load of stuff ready to go. The stuff about Obama's legacy is bang on the money as well. It is an amazing situation in so many ways. This guy ( / rat ba$tard) Ryan looks like he will now work with Trump. The have full control and can do what they want near enough. So I am guessing things may move very fast indeed.

Was the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2011 - can get it on youtube. Obama and some other guy absolutely shredded Trump and Trump had to sit there and take it in front of hundreds of people. It's an incredible video to look back at now but you can't help but feel Trump has had the last laugh. 

On 11/11/2016 at 10:53 AM, thplinth said:

Just realized I copied the wrong link. Here is the DM reporting on it. I am aware of the claims about O'Keefe but I watched the vids and made my own mind up. They are pretty damning IMHO. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3849570/They-paid-1-500-Trump-says-Hillary-s-campaign-PAYING-protesters-disrupt-rallies-video-expos-catches-organizer-boasting-team-country-does-that.html

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Of course the other thing smart folk were telling us was how if Trump did win he would be unable to do anything due to opposition in the house and senate and he would be a lame duck blah blah... well have a watch of this. It is even more extreme than I imagined above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/11/krauthammer-tells-megyn-kelly-president-obamas-legacy-toast

I did not realize it but apparently they have a shit load of stuff ready to go. The stuff about Obama's legacy is bang on the money as well. It is an amazing situation in so many ways. This guy ( / rat ba$tard) Ryan looks like he will now work with Trump. The have full control and can do what they want near enough. So I am guessing things may move very fast indeed.

Using The Daily Mail and Fox News as sources really undermines your arguments.