Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

And the thread collapses into tit for tat as Alan goes all "antidote" and moves away from reducing maintenance of one of Scotland's most important bridges and starts ranting about SNP MSP wife beaters, MP's who flip other peoples homes, Angus Robertson buying and refurbishing London house after years renting, Angus McNeil owning London home but rentsing out and claims money to rent another property etc etc off topic grievance shutdown bridge maintenance.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening the rosyth/kinkcardine route to light goods vehichles on monday.no sure if will cause more chaos or less. I went from queen margaret to the royal in just over an hour yesterday, which isnt too bad.

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/news/enhanced-travel-plan-boost-businesses-affected-forth-road-bridge-closure

A web site that backs up its claims with proof.

Better than being gullible to a state run by an Eton boy pig shaqqer, along with an establishment that is under investigation for paedophile activities and many jailed for fraud, all overseen by a head of state that has many family problems. How's Andrew's alleged paedophile case coming along anyway?

Which case?

There's a shit load more jobs being lost closer to Croydon than Cumbernauld, but you just ignore all them & choose Cumbernauld being closed as the reason for new jobs in Croydon :lol: un####inbelievable :lol:

I chose Cumbernauld because the better together mob chose and targeted Cumbernauld to highlight that their jobs will go if Scotland voted YES.

Look what happened after Scotland voted no.

No that's un####inbelievable or maybe it is not from someone who does not trust westminster and the unionists one bit.

Look what happened to the HMRC jobs in England & they never even voted - or do those jobs not matter?

Can you not just admit that you lied when you said there was a closure of a tax office in Cumbernauld SO THAT the jobs could be moved to Croydon?

You've know chance of him admitting anything of the sort. I tried something similar over his foreign aid claim a couple of days ago. Antidote doesn't do backing down. Instead he does stuff like this:

A web site that backs up its claims with proof.

Better than being gullible to a state run by an Eton boy pig shaqqer, along with an establishment that is under investigation for paedophile activities and many jailed for fraud, all overseen by a head of state that has many family problems. How's Andrew's alleged paedophile case coming along anyway?

A classic slice of political discourse in the internet age. Take a bow, that man...

Look what happened to the HMRC jobs in England & they never even voted - or do those jobs not matter?

Can you not just admit that you lied when you said there was a closure of a tax office in Cumbernauld SO THAT the jobs could be moved to Croydon?

England can look after English people jobs. They have been shafting us for decades on the jobs front.

You need to work in the O&G industry to see if English people think that Scots getting a job matters. You wouldn't be surprised at the results.

Try and post a link that says those jobs in Croydon weren't at the cost of Scottish, maybe some English jobs too, then.

One things for sure we all know who will suffer the most.

Edited by antidote

You've know chance of him admitting anything of the sort. I tried something similar over his foreign aid claim a couple of days ago. Antidote doesn't do backing down. Instead he does stuff like this:

A classic slice of political discourse in the internet age. Take a bow, that man...

I'll tell you what antidote doesn't do: Pretentious pedantic nitpicking. :wink2:

Still waiting for him to provide evidence to the contrary to the link I provided.

I always thought that you needed some evidence at least, not just say so.

Edited by antidote

England can look after English people jobs. They have been shafting us for decades on the jobs front.

You need to work in the O&G industry to see if English people think that Scots getting a job matters. You wouldn't be surprised at the results.

Are you saying Scottish people are discriminated against in O&G or should have preferential treatment?

Yes, I'm aware that he has been accused of having sex with a 17-year-old girl in the States, but which paedophile case?

Virginia Roberts, now 31, alleges she was kept for four years as an underage sex slave of American billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who in turn required her to have sexual relations with Britain’s Prince Andrew, renowned lawyer Alan Dershowitz and “many other powerful men, including politicians and powerful business executives.

Let's say for the interest in the sense of legal terms the 'alleged case'

Was/is there not an investigation-a case? Did Prince Andrew not make a statement about this case in general?

In many quarters under age sex does constitute paedophilia, or in other quarters just under age sex.

There are many a debate on what actually constitutes paedophiles and the link at the bottom comes across a wee bit clearer while still not coming to any conclusions.

This case.

http://news.sky.com/story/1413087/prince-andrew-addresses-underage-sex-claims

http://abcnews.go.com/International/prince-andrew-accuser-reveals-sex-slave-allegation-details/story?id=28390590

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/sex-with-under-16s-is-not-paedophilia-claims-police-chief-7170500.html

Virginia Roberts, now 31, alleges she was kept for four years as an underage sex slave of American billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who in turn required her to have sexual relations with Britains Prince Andrew, renowned lawyer Alan Dershowitz and many other powerful men, including politicians and powerful business executives.

Let's say for the interest in the sense of legal terms the 'alleged case'

Was/is there not an investigation-a case? Did Prince Andrew not make a statement about this case in general?

In many quarters under age sex does constitute paedophilia, or in other quarters just under age sex.

There are many a debate on what actually constitutes paedophiles and the link at the bottom comes across a wee bit clearer while still not coming to any conclusions.

This case.

http://news.sky.com/story/1413087/prince-andrew-addresses-underage-sex-claims

http://abcnews.go.com/International/prince-andrew-accuser-reveals-sex-slave-allegation-details/story?id=28390590

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/sex-with-under-16s-is-not-paedophilia-claims-police-chief-7170500.html

Even the Evening Standard article doesn't suggest that sex with a 17-year-old constitutes paedophilia - the psychiatric definition is an interest in prepubescent children - generally thirteen or younger. Edited by Charlie Endell

Are you saying Scottish people are discriminated against in O&G or should have preferential treatment?

Been going on since the seventies in my chosen profession by a select group from the north east of England.

No I am not saying they should have preferential treatment outside of Scotland.

Even the Evening Standard article doesn't suggest that sex with a 17-year-old constitutes paedophilia - the psychiatric definition is an interest in prepubescent children - generally thirteen or younger.

As I pointed to, there are many arguments on both sides, not just the psychiatric in this case.

You could also add to that mix the age differences like a 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old, or a 50 year old having sex with a 14 year old.

I know what term I would use if it were true that a 50+ year old who was alleged to have had sex with a minor, as it is classed in the USA, I'm sure.

Edited by antidote

As I pointed to, there are many arguments on both sides, not just the psychiatric in this case.

You could also add to that mix the age differences like a 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old, or a 50 year old having sex with a 14 year old.

I know what term I would use if it were true that a 50+ year old who was alleged to have had sex with a minor, as it is classed in the USA, I'm sure.

Going by your definition someone who has sex with a seventeen-year-old would be a paedophile in Carlisle, but not Gretna (and they wouldn't be committing any offence in either place provided it was consensual). The age of consent varies between 16, 17 and 18 in the States, with 16 being the most common (it would therefore follow that you're suggesting that many US states endorse paedophilia).

There are plenty of terms I'd use to describe a 50+ year old who has sex with a 17-year-old, but paedophile wouldn't be correct.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Alibi an apologist for government mistakes and funding cuts. A scourge on others.

My thoughts too...

Didn't realise you were both expert engineers who had studied the bridge in detail. That is certainly a turn up for the books

Going by your definition someone who has sex with a seventeen-year-old would be a paedophile in Carlisle, but not Gretna (and they wouldn't be committing any offence in either place provided it was consensual). The age of consent varies between 16, 17 and 18 in the States, with 16 being the most common (it would therefore follow that you're suggesting that many US states endorse paedophilia).

There are plenty of terms I'd use to describe a 50+ year old who has sex with a 17-year-old, but paedophile wouldn't be correct.

Was she 17 at the time of the incident?

Em...I think you'll find that the USA and its states has its own laws and I wouldn't for a minute criticise their laws on under age sex.

I'm sure you saw the link: prince-andrew-addresses-underage-sex-claim

Was that in response to the fact that he had allegedly had sex with a minor?

When I visit a country I try and abide by their laws and don't go with the laws in the uk.

Now the main point of all this is Alan is deliberately trolling unsubstantiated 'accusation' articles about 3 SNP MPs.

Can we do the same with his beloved westminster establishment figures?

There is some evidence to suggest that strong accusations have also been made against the people I have highlighted on this thread.

Was she 17 at the time of the incident?

Em...I think you'll find that the USA and its states has its own laws and I wouldn't for a minute criticise their laws on under age sex.

I'm sure you saw the link: prince-andrew-addresses-underage-sex-claim

Was that in response to the fact that he had allegedly had sex with a minor?

When I visit a country I try and abide by their laws and don't go with the laws in the uk.

The allegation is that she was 17 at the time.

I'm fully aware that the the USA has its own laws which vary from state to state - please see my previous post.

The whole situation is untenable and heads must roll for this.

My 7 minute commute is now up to 11 minutes off the back of this.

And on top of that, my work have told me I don't get to go down to Leeds and live in a Travelodge for a week and I have to work from home until January

Raging

#SNPBadch