Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

Of course they do. They just happen to be better at it. In recent times at least. Even Labour folk must be a wee bit embarrassed about this latest "smoking gun" email fiasco. No?

Aye, I think Derek Mackay might be required to run the 2016 election campaign. A very important job. I'm not sure it would be fair to ask him to do that and be Transport Minister at the same time. :wink2: John Swinney will still be too busy negotiating fiscal frameworks.

Running about shouting everything is great, don't panic and it's their fault, is hardly being better at politicking.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me the best part of 4 hours to get back from St Andrews to Glasgow on Friday and about 2 hours of that was trying to get over the Clackmannan Bridge!!

would you not have been better heading to perth and down from there? surely best to avoid fife as much as possible?

Should have gone via Perth or A91 to Stirling. What time of day were you travelling?

In hindsight aye, we drove up over Clackmannan the previous day and the traffic coming down looked fine so naively assumed it would be the same on the Friday. We set off around midday and got back to Glasgow about 4ish.

Running about shouting everything is great, don't panic and it's their fault, is hardly being better at politicking.

hmmm.. larky i would suggest that given the way the polls are looking - even despite the bridge fiasco i doubt anyone in the snp is panicking.

Aye, a very good summary of events.

Here is another one with a slightly different slant on it.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-forth-road-bridge-faq/

A summary which takes a "it's their fault" position. It's puzzling to me as to why Labour don't simply ask the question of whether the inspection regime and the level maintenance activity was increased in-line with the increase in traffic after the tolls were abolished as I think that's a scab which should be picked.

It's puzzling to me as to why Labour don't simply ask the question of whether the inspection regime and the level maintenance activity was increased in-line with the increase in traffic after the tolls were abolished as I think that's a scab which should be picked.

It's because non of them are as smart as you Larky. I thought you would have worked that one out by now.

Emergency vehicles can still use the FRB so they are probably getting about quicker than normal. They could still get caught up in traffic jams on other roads, I suppose .

Yeah, I'm just trying to find some questions which might have made an opposition look rather more progressive, rather than trying to find answers for any of them!

Whilst that's undoubtedly true even Keira Dugdale and Jackie Baillie should be able to think about this as it is fairly basic. I'm going to do an FOI request myself as I would like to know the answer.

Hope your not in too much of a hurry. i think they are quite busy just now. I'll just ignore your first sentence as you are clearly just taking the pish.

How have the delays been for everyone then? Ive managed to.dodge it so far despite living close to the Clacks/Kincardine bridges. Had to do a Nightshift in Larbert last night though. Had about a 20 minute wait on the Clacks Bridge at 5pm. No delays at all this morning at 8am,in either direction. Quite surprised at how easy it was. Got caught up in Stirling last week and it was a lot worse.

I did Notice the traffic heading to Edinburgh on the M9 was queued right back to the M876 cut off mind you. Surely that isn't all the way to Edinburgh? What a ballache.

Aha. The Tory trap.

Tory trap = responsibility which is ducked.

"We need money".

You could raise more by present council tax or a replacement, APD, future income tax, cut (or raise welfare payments via discretionary) including winter fuel allowance, free bus travel for over 60's, bring back prescription fees, bring in graduate tax, bridge tolls, road tolls even, Stamp Tax, business rates.

"We need money"

No action. No responsibility. No concern or governance. Looking forward to middle class bribes from Swinney.