Good Luck Bosnia Thread - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Luck Bosnia Thread

There's a big difference between not supporting them and wanting them to get beaten.

I couldn't care less if they qualify as I don't support them or Bosnia.

I have sympathy with Ireland after Henry's handball to put them out before, so can't say it'd bother me at all if they made it through.

Spot on. I doesn't bother me who qualifies from this tie, or from the other play offs. End of the day, we aren't there and that's the point I stopped caring about the results of other teams in the competition.

I would actually question someone's motives if they were Scottish and had a strong view one way or the other on Ireland qualifying.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually question someone's motives if they were Scottish and had a strong view one way or the other on Ireland qualifying.

I hope Ireland get pumped.

I don't want to see two guys, born and raised in Scotland, who chose to play for another country ahead of Scotland, play in the European Championships.

It may be bitter and petty but i hope those two phannies lose every game they ever play for Ireland :ok:

Just back from Sarajevo this afternoon - Dzeko and the bosnian team were in the departure area of sarajevo airport with us...as their plane to Dublin departed the same time as ours.

I cannot compliment Dzeko enough on his courtesy and decency.

He took time out to pose for photos with the Irish fans and chat with us despite him relaxing with his teamates. A very humble guy and Absolute Gentleman...top player and top guy...a credit to his country

That's something I heard a lot from his time at City - he's supposedly a really nice guy, so much so in fact, it would be great to see him get a hat-trick tonight to take his team to the finals :wink2:

I can never quite fathom a team being called lucky for scoring late goals or hitting a long ball and scoring a goal. And as above, 4 point from the world champs can't be put down to luck IMO.

Anyway Since when did we become so good that we can craw about how teams win a game? I think I would rather we just fecking won them and qualified :)

Well said and sums up my opinion. I don't really get how a winner in the 90th minute can be described as lucky. Was Scotland's win at home to Georgia lucky given the nature of it? Before I travelled to Glasgow last Nov l genuinely thought there was goodwill between the two nations. How wrong was I. A sizeable minority of the TA seem to be the most bitter football fans I've come across who make out that the WGS team plays like Barca under Pep. Rose tinted glasses must be worn by a good few lads on here. As a result, they flat out refuse to complement Ireland whatsoever, instead coming out with "they're pish playing long ball" Look at Robbie Brady, Shane Long against Germany and our goals against Georgia away. All great well worked goals so go back to whatever bigoted town you live in and watch Scotland's great moral victory against Germany from last year.

I fully believe a lot of the people wanting Ireland to get "pumped" are sad bigoted arseholes. Sadly Scotland and Northern Ireland seems full of them. Both places have fantastic people but there's an anti Irish sentiment from a lot of people.

I fully believe a lot of the people wanting Ireland to get "pumped" are sad bigoted arseholes. Sadly Scotland and Northern Ireland seems full of them. Both places have fantastic people but there's an anti Irish sentiment from a lot of people.

:lol:

Or maybe non-bigots want folk like McCarthy and McGeady to get pumped out?

They had a simple choice. They can't help if they feel more Irish than Scottish. I'm sure there's countless people born in England who feel more Scottish than their land of birth,

If there's folk who are born in England, spend their whole lives in England, have 2 English parents and mostly English grandparents, yet claim to be Scottish, i'd be pretty amazed.

I'd also say that England football fans who wanted these guys to lose would be well within their rights. I certainly wouldn't make a khunt of myself by saying folk who wanted them to lose must be bigots. :ok:

If there's folk who are born in England, spend their whole lives in England, have 2 English parents and mostly English grandparents, yet claim to be Scottish, i'd be pretty amazed.

I'd also say that England football fans who wanted these guys to lose would be well within their rights. I certainly wouldn't make a khunt of myself by saying folk who wanted them to lose must be bigots. :ok:

Say what you want but there's an anti Irish sentiment in parts of Scotland which no doubt probably influenced Aidan and James becoming more proud of where their family came from. Twice I got called a "Fenian " on the walk home from Parkhead last Nov. I can only imagine the shite those lads had to put up with growing up in Scotland.

I don't want to see two guys, born and raised in Scotland, who chose to play for another country ahead of Scotland, play in the European Championships.

It may be bitter and petty but i hope those two phannies lose every game they ever play for Ireland :ok:

They still bother you, and many more, too much. They made their decisions a long time ago, its time to move on and let it go.

Well said and sums up my opinion. I don't really get how a winner in the 90th minute can be described as lucky. Was Scotland's win at home to Georgia lucky given the nature of it? Before I travelled to Glasgow last Nov l genuinely thought there was goodwill between the two nations. How wrong was I. A sizeable minority of the TA seem to be the most bitter football fans I've come across who make out that the WGS team plays like Barca under Pep. Rose tinted glasses must be worn by a good few lads on here. As a result, they flat out refuse to complement Ireland whatsoever, instead coming out with "they're pish playing long ball" Look at Robbie Brady, Shane Long against Germany and our goals against Georgia away. All great well worked goals so go back to whatever bigoted town you live in and watch Scotland's great moral victory against Germany from last year.

Look, you're taking some opinions on the TAMB as somehow being representative of how a lot of people are. I personally can't abide either McGeady and McCarthy; that said, the Irish supporters that I met were simply magnificent in terms of their craic and hospitality.

For the tournament's sakes, the Irish support will make a huge difference, and I hope that the boys who I met in both Glasgow and Dublin have a great time if they qualify. You also get a lot of keyboard warriors on here who also, I daresay, wouldn't express their opinions like that with a pint in their hand face-to-face with you. On the contrary, while some may think that (and i genuinely think that McCarthy and McGeady are the main factors in this), they wouldn't be so vociferous.

That you are saying Scotland is "full of (sad bigoted arseholes)", sadly may be the case but I would hope not and have never seen significant numbers of said people openly display any anti-ROI sentiment this when supporting the national team, or at least not these days. Keep the Old Firm thing separate, but in terms of the National team, I think some of us are probably a bit sore/envious that Ireland are in the Play Offs and we aren't. I genuinely don't think this is a good Irish team, and man for man, I'd take most of our starting XI ahead of ROI's.

But the 4 points you took from Germany - well, we didn't, and you took 6 points off Georgia. Good luck to you on doing that; if we'd have beaten a very mediocre Georgia team then we'd have been playing Bosnia tonight and you wouldn't. C'est la vie. That's football.

Life's a bit short to be crabbit and soor - and I would be more interested in a competition with ROI in it rather than Bosnia HZ.

Good luck tonight and hopefully enjoy your tournament.

Say what you want but there's an anti Irish sentiment in parts of Scotland which no doubt probably influenced Aidan and James becoming more proud of where their family came from. Twice I got called a "Fenian ######" on the walk home from Parkhead last Nov. I can only imagine the shite those lads had to put up with growing up in Scotland.

I've no doubt there are folk in Scotland who are anti-Irish and/or anti-Catholic. It's a very tiny number of folk though and it's something which is becoming less and less prevalent.

I value my 29 years experience in living here a bit higher than your anecdotal evidence of encountering a couple of scumbags, i'm afraid.

In future, you'd be wise not to brand folk who want Ireland to lose as bigots. All that does is reflect your own intolerances and prejudices.

In my opinion, more people on here would be happy enough for Ireland to qualify if they never beat us to 3rd place in the group. If you had come from any other group, there would be more well wishes.

Personal insults now. Top man. If you don't want to visit forums for other teams, good for you. I like reading other views from other sets of fans. Is that really a big deal? If I find a point of view particularly sad or pathetic, particularly when it relates to Ireland, I might make my feelings known. Now you or anyone else are free to ignore it or, like you have, throw out an insult. Fine, no problem. The implication though seems to be that I am the pathetic one for visiting your forum simply on the basis that Ireland still might qualify and I cannot fathom how one can come to that conclusion? I'm simply sitting around on a Sunday afternoon, still somewhat delicate from Bosnia and browsing the internet. Now if I had gone straight from Sarajevo to Glasgow and sat in a bar full of Scottish fans you might have a point. I don't think typing in a website address and having a read of what is written comes even remotely close to that. Also (and perhaps your computer doesn't have this capability) you can be on more than website at once. Rest assured though, I won't be on here tomorrow night, Ill be roaring on our lads to (hopefully) qualification to France.

If we fail, well congratulations in advance to you and all the other bitter Scots. Once again, top man :ok:

I'm no bitter, I'd have supported Bosnia anyway, never support any of the other home nations or Ireland. My point was no need to come and gloat. As for insults dry yer eyes, Im sure you've been called worse with a lot more malice.

Enjoy the "football" tonight

I want Ireland to lose, for the sole reason that I don't want to be the only ones sitting at home next summer :-))

They deserve to be in the playoffs ahead of us, over the whole group they got more points. Doesn't stop me wanting Bosnia to win.

Should they go on and qualify then I'll be happy for the Irish folk i know, and hope they all have a great time :ok:

I want Ireland to lose, for the sole reason that I don't want to be the only ones sitting at home next summer :-))

They deserve to be in the playoffs ahead of us, over the whole group they got more points. Doesn't stop me wanting Bosnia to win.

Should they go on and qualify then I'll be happy for the Irish folk i know, and hope they all have a great time :ok:

The whole things been fked since the fkin Welsh qualified. Utter embarrassment

A bigot for wanting Ireland to lose? Haha ffs

Your team essentially put us out, it's called football rilvary

Most Irish football fans have a different (or lack of) understanding of football rivalry though. Remember, most of them (not necessarily the Irish posters on here) do their supporting from barstools.

Rivalries among the fans aren't as intense.

I've never seen any of my Irish Man Utd or Arsenal supporting mates making fun of their rival teams bad results in Europe the way i've seen Scottish Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen supporting pals laugh at their rivals being papped out of Europe.

Say what you want but there's an anti Irish sentiment in parts of Scotland which no doubt probably influenced Aidan and James becoming more proud of where their family came from. Twice I got called a "Fenian ######" on the walk home from Parkhead last Nov. I can only imagine the shite those lads had to put up with growing up in Scotland.

what as Scots in Scotland ?

how would anyone have known they were anything other than Scottish - even McCarthy didnt know