Jihadi John No More? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jihadi John No More?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is Assad they want because uncertainty in the country stops them building the big pipeline they had in mind and were about to start before foreign fighters, armed by foreign countries started flooding the country and starting coups.

With a stable Syria they can build a pipeline to the east that bypasses the current BTC line enabling Iran etc to sell directly to China via a pipeline the west has no control over. China is starved for energy once Murbarak went under that opened up the Suex Canal again and Libya could ship directly to China via the Suez. That didn't last long though as Libya suddenly became an enemy and that avenue was closed down.

China are still quietly but firmly stating that their contracts better be carried over , so thats a slowly simmering cauldron waiting for another day.

If Iran gets nuclear power it it frees up a shit load of it's oil for India and china to buy. Makes them rich and a larger regional power. Which is where Israel comes in. they want to be the Alpha dog of the region. Their stated policy is to balkanise the region into religious states. They enjoy the wealth of being the last port of call for oil going into the red sea. they want rid of the Palestinians and to create greater Israel.

To get that they need to weaken Hezbollah they've went a few times into Lebanon but Hezbollah thwart the efforts each time. So they need to weaken them, Assad and Iran (and hussein before) are allies of shia Hezbollah so they need to weaken them first to weaken hezbollah.

Yeah it is Assad they want because uncertainty in the country stops them building the big pipeline they had in mind and were about to start before foreign fighters, armed by foreign countries started flooding the country and starting coups.

With a stable Syria they can build a pipeline to the east that bypasses the current BTC line enabling Iran etc to sell directly to China via a pipeline the west has no control over. China is starved for energy once Murbarak went under that opened up the Suex Canal again and Libya could ship directly to China via the Suez. That didn't last long though as Libya suddenly became an enemy and that avenue was closed down.

China are still quietly but firmly stating that their contracts better be carried over , so thats a slowly simmering cauldron waiting for another day.

If Iran gets nuclear power it it frees up a shit load of it's oil for India and china to buy. Makes them rich and a larger regional power. Which is where Israel comes in. they want to be the Alpha dog of the region. Their stated policy is to balkanise the region into religious states. They enjoy the wealth of being the last port of call for oil going into the red sea. they want rid of the Palestinians and to create greater Israel.

To get that they need to weaken Hezbollah they've went a few times into Lebanon but Hezbollah thwart the efforts each time. So they need to weaken them, Assad and Iran (and hussein before) are allies of shia Hezbollah so they need to weaken them first to weaken hezbollah.

And Russia has no place in this jigsaw?

Do we know how many folk died in this execution? Did they manage to target, with pinpoint accuracy, just this one really bad person or did any innocent folk get killed at the same time? Why isn't our media giving us this information?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34805924

"It is believed there was one other person in the vehicle targeted in the strike."

But I'd suggest you can't disentangle Syria from Putin as he still appears to have regional ambitions (with Syria as his base).

Oh totally. Sorry, i wasn't meaning to imply that Russia had no stake by not including them. I just ran out of steam before i got to them and the US role, which has been going on for decades sponsoring both sides. Russia are propping up Assad, they also got rid of their weapons of mass destruction without firing a single shot. Their naval base is strategically placed in Syria, especially considering how close they came to Sevastopol.

It's the energy centre of the world, everyone has had a stake in it basically since 1911 when Churchill switched from coal to oil for the royal Navy. there's a reason Basra was one of the first ports of call in world war I during the Mesopotamian campaign in 1914. Or sending troops immediately to Abadan (in Iran).

Oh totally. Sorry, i wasn't meaning to imply that Russia had no stake by not including them. I just ran out of steam before i got to them and the US role, which has been going on for decades sponsoring both sides. Russia are propping up Assad, they also got rid of their weapons of mass destruction without firing a single shot. Their naval base is strategically placed in Syria, especially considering how close they came to Sevastopol.

It's the energy centre of the world, everyone has had a stake in it basically since 1911 when Churchill switched from coal to oil for the royal Navy. there's a reason Basra was one of the first ports of call in world war I during the Mesopotamian campaign in 1914. Or sending troops immediately to Abadan (in Iran).

I didn't think were trying to imply anything, just thought the Russian dimension had to be considered.

So, only two folk were executed? That's awright then, I suppose.

He was asked to go to Wood Green police station to hand himself in but strangely he did not comply. The local Syrian police were also unable to comply what with it being a war zone and him being a serial killer who liked to film himself cutting off peoples heads.

Everything is a conspiracy. You're right. An innocent. The new Mandela. I'm just gutted I won't get to ask him to be godfather to my 14 week son.

Not everything. But if you are naive enough to take everything at face value then fine I happen to treat most things with cynicism given the crap I know to be untrue.

You know! What else can you tell us is a myth about this man? I like "Homeland" a lot but all this question, suspicion and self taught expertise is just empty white noise.

"Jihadi John" is an unfortunate tabloid name. He was radicalised and followed the same religious fascist ideology that has been increasing for centuries in a minority but a sizeable and influential part of Islamic teaching. We saw it in modern times in Pakistan, Egypt and Afghanistan way before Gulf Wars, 9/11 and other recent events. It was coming at us regardless of what we did. The ideology is against equal rights for women, homosexuals, other religions and other mainstream branches of Islam.

The intelligence services of any country are there to gather info, disrupt and "turn" people. The IRA was riddled with spies. I'm sure the intelligence services picked him up, groomed, tried their best to get info and use him.

Unfortunately he was one that got away and used his full potential at being a religious extremist to justify his murders. There is a war going on. He was a combatant. He died in the new type of battlefield.

There is a war going on. He was a combatant. He died in the new type of battlefield.

ISIS could say the same thing about the French bombings. So everyone is a combatant then by some subjective measure or another. There is no rule of law in this "new" battlefield then.