Celtic Vs Molde - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronny out! No defence and no organisation. We've been downsizing for years and its coming home to roost but we should be competing much better at this level and thats down to the manager and coaching team.

Its no consolation that we are miles better than the likes of Aberdeen (isn't everyone these days), I'm sure someone will be along with a budget comparison in a minute.

Well done to Molde, a good wee team and well organised their adventure will go on a wee while yet :-(

PS well done to young Kieran Tierney he can hold his head up high tomorrow morning.

The clubs are not interested in working together to improve the quality.

Scottish football is riddled from top to bottom with self interest.

No real easy solutions but until there is a concerted effort from all involved we'll keep going round in circles and see clubs in our league lose to sides which most would think they shouldn't. Ditto the national side.

I don't buy the theory that we can't improve significantly either as there are plenty of examples of countries doing just that and punching above what we'd consider to be their weight.

Ronny out! No defence and no organisation. We've been downsizing for years and its coming home to roost but we should be competing much better at this level and thats down to the manager and coaching team.

Its no consolation that we are miles better than the likes of Aberdeen (isn't everyone these days), I'm sure someone will be along with a budget comparison in a minute.

Well done to Molde, a good wee team and well organised their adventure will go on a wee while yet :-(

PS well done to young Kieran Tierney he can hold his head up high tomorrow morning.

You spent 5 and a half million a few months ago on a pish player who's permanently injured.

I'm scared I might laugh myself to death if I go looking to find out how much Boyata, Ambrose, Blackett and the rest cost and get paid.

Yer team is shite, it's hilarious. A complete embarrassment to Irish fitba.... :lol::lol::lol:

You spent 5 and a half million a few months ago on a pish player who's permanently injured.

I'm scared I might laugh myself to death if I go looking to find out how much Boyata, Ambrose, Blackett and the rest cost and get paid.

Yer team is shite, it's hilarious. A complete embarrassment to Irish fitba.... :lol::lol::lol:

Money spent on absolute shite yet we are way ahead of the rest at home.

That is the truly embarrassing bit. We are dreadful yet look at the rest. Surely this season we would get a challenge while we have this crap on show.

That Celtic team tonight had no heart.. They also didn't have a clue what formation to use and were carrying more passengers than a No 47 bus...

There is also a lack of plan B.Apart fae that everything is rosy in Scottish fitba..

Money spent on absolute shite yet we are way ahead of the rest at home.

That is the truly embarrassing bit. We are dreadful yet look at the rest. Surely this season we would get a challenge while we have this crap on show.

No, because the rest of us are either guff, or mentally weak (or in some cases both).

Celtic are a different team domestically than they are in Europe.....it's the confidence that comes from expecting to win. In Europe they look beaten before they kick-off, a bit like Aberdeen on saturday.

And by the way that aint a gloat.

Scottish game is ####ed.

For what it's worth, I think Celtic are not far away from being a decent European team.

For some reason though, Delia has a blind spot when it comes to the defence....Ambrose, Blackett and about 2 or 3 of the others simply aren't good enough.

I have no idea how good Simunovic is as you said he's been unlucky with injuries so I've no idea how u judge him so harshly.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant comment from me but it must be galling to you that in this pish league you haven't won in 5 games and you're out of the only cup you managed to win in 2 decades. Add in the fact that your team is littered with players not considered good enough for a poor Celtic side I can see why you feel the need to get your wee dig in tonight. It just comes across as bitter tbh, no humour attached....I much prefer Deecie lol

Edited by slasher

I have no idea how good Simunovic is as you said he's been unlucky with injuries so I've no idea how u judge him so harshly.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant comment from me but it must be galling to you that in this pish league you haven't won in 5 games and you're out of the only cup you managed to win in 2 decades. Add in the fact that your team is littered with players not considered good enough for a poor Celtic side I can see why you feel the need to get your wee dig in tonight. It just comes across as bitter tbh, no humour attached....I much prefer Deecie lol

And there goes the self interest and typical reply summed up in 1 post.

As long as Scottish football is measured on the basis of 'at least we're not quite as shite as you lot' then we fail to qualify for international tournaments and see clubs competing at a level in Europe which supporters see as being where their club should be.

The clubs are not interested in working together to improve the quality.

Scottish football is riddled from top to bottom with self interest.

No real easy solutions but until there is a concerted effort from all involved we'll keep going round in circles and see clubs in our league lose to sides which most would think they shouldn't. Ditto the national side.

I don't buy the theory that we can't improve significantly either as there are plenty of examples of countries doing just that and punching above what we'd consider to be their weight.

Agreed.

And there goes the self interest and typical reply summed up in 1 post.

As long as Scottish football is measured on the basis of 'at least we're not quite as shite as you lot' then we fail to qualify for international tournaments and see clubs competing at a level in Europe which supporters see as being where their club should be.

Where is the self interest? I'm responding to a few jibes from your fellow Aberdeen fans. If you have the answers to all our problems let's hear it....the floor is yours!

Sky Sports 'Molde stun Celtic'

Not a good few of us, plenty expected that and have made a few bob from the 'stunning' result.

Re our defenders, it seems our policy to sign black defenders who can't actually defend, can't pass and look extremely nervous on the ball. It's been a policy for a good few years now.

Sky Sports 'Molde stun Celtic'

Not a good few of us, plenty expected that and have made a few bob from the 'stunning' result.

Re our defenders, it seems our policy to sign black defenders who can't actually defend, can't pass and look extremely nervous on the ball. It's been a policy for a good few years now.

Why is the colour of the defender relevant?

Where is the self interest? I'm responding to a few jibes from your fellow Aberdeen fans. If you have the answers to all our problems let's hear it....the floor is yours!

If you actually read posts you'd see I've already said I don't what the solution is.

Even if I or anyone else for that matter did have a solution which seemed feasible it wouldn't get implemented.

For things to change some people and clubs have to give up positions or income and that is where we constantly fall down.

For example lets say it was suggested that 50% of prize money from Europe (and internationals if that applies) went into a central pot to fund an explosion of quality 3/4G pitches across the country you'd find the clubs who regularly qualify for Europe would be against that - only a theoretical example but its that sort of thinking which could help produce more players of a higher standard.

Like others I did have a slight smirk at Ronny failing again but the bigger picture is that Celtic on their budget should not be losing home and away to a team sitting 7th in the Norwegian league and it reflects badly on the Scottish game as a whole as have other results by other clubs.