Celtic Vs Aberdeen - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Aberdeen

What's the story with Aberdeen then?

Start of the season run a fluke?

They've been rotten today. Celtic haven't needed to move into 2nd gear.

At the start of the season they won quite a few of the games without playing particularly well. They are not as good as the start suggested, but have the squad to finish second if McInnes can get them out of this rut.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No real surprise there.

We lose one goal at this moment in time, we're always likely to lose more.

Thought we played well with the ball up to the 40th minute and should have been a goal in front. Going a goal down was always going to do for us though.

We're not a bad team and we've some good players....but, the confidence of the defence is shot for some reason.

Fine lines though in Scottish football.....a couple of flukey wins and everything will look different.

Ho hum.

Injury to Considine and the subsequent reshuffle of the defence weakened the Dons defence enough for Griffiths to get a real chance.

After that it was as one sided a game as you'll get.

Yeap, that just struck me about 10 minutes ago.

Considine is so often a weak link against Celtic, I hadn't realised that his injury and the consequent re-shuffle changed the balance of the game. Up till that point we looked as likely to score as Celtic.

No excuse for the 2nd half though. We're mojo-less at the moment....need to find it again.

Not much in that game till we scored. Aberdeen fluffed their lines big time when Rooney missed that chance, after that it was a pretty routine win.

Delighted with Griffiths,Rogic and Tierney but no plaudits for Ronny from me.

A Hibs fan is posting photos from a Celtic message board ?

:blink::blink:

It's a shite, forced banner though....isn't it ?

You could have one about Celtic since 1967, or Hibs since 1902. Or any club since.....

Good effort, but just a bit pish.

Not much in that game till we scored. Aberdeen fluffed their lines big time when Rooney missed that chance, after that it was a pretty routine win.

Delighted with Griffiths,Rogic and Tierney but no plaudits for Ronny from me.

Pretty much sums it up.

Was impressed with Tierney.

A Hibs fan is posting photos from a Celtic message board ?

:blink::blink:

It's a shite, forced banner though....isn't it ?

You could have one about Celtic since 1967, or Hibs since 1902. Or any club since.....

Good effort, but just a bit pish.

It's shit patter, something like "silence of the lambs" would have been better for Halloween.

It's shit patter, something like "silence of the lambs" would have been better for Halloween.

Had that one a few years ago.

The guy who thought it up moved on to high school though, and someone else had to pick up the crayon.

It's a hard life.

Had that one a few years ago.

The guy who thought it up moved on to high school though, and someone else had to pick up the crayon.

It's a hard life.

Pah i was quite chuffed it popped into my head, didn't realise it'd popped into lesser heads earlier.

When Considine came of why didn't Shinnie get moved to left back and a midfielder not come on? Not a Dons fan but I am assuming Reynolds can also play left back seeing as he moved him there? Even the commentator thought Shinnie would move to left back. Seemed to unsettle things a little.

Well deserved win for Celtic and could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for Ward's saves and a few off shot targets. Long season ahead for Aberdeen it seems unless they can turn things around quickly and get back to the form they had right at the start of the season.

When Considine came of why didn't Shinnie get moved to left back and a midfielder not come on? Not a Dons fan but I am assuming Reynolds can also play left back seeing as he moved him there? Even the commentator thought Shinnie would move to left back. Seemed to unsettle things a little.

Would have been sensible, but Mcinnes seems determined to turn the best left-back in the country into a midfielder. To be fair, Shinnie was playing really well...but, moving our centre-half to left-back to accomodate this in retrospect seems nuts.

Bad decision from McInnes, but not the first one over the last 5 weeks.

. Long season ahead for Aberdeen it seems unless they can turn things around quickly and get back to the form they had right at the start of the season.

We're only 13 games into the season...won 8, drawn 1, lost 4. We've had worst starts.

The team is lacking confidence, but they're still good players and a win or 2 will turn things around. For 45 minutes...with the ball....we looked good today, and we opened Celtic up incredibly easily quite a few times.

This isn't an ability issue, it's a mental thing. Trust me on this....

You've had worse starts, but the way some Dons act, you should be winning every game 5-0.

I'd love you guys to win the league, but over confidence is a killer.

I honestly don't know any Dons fan who has acted like that.

We won 8 league games in a row. we were pleased about that...nothing more, nothing less. If it was Dundee, Hamilton, Partick, St Mirren, Arbroath....any team....the fans would be pleased.

It's easy on the internet to misplace being chuffed with a good run, as over confidence. Aberdeen fans reacted exactly the same way as fans of any other club.

Same as we're doing now, on a bad run.

Would have been sensible, but Mcinnes seems determined to turn the best left-back in the country into a midfielder. To be fair, Shinnie was playing really well...but, moving our centre-half to left-back to accomodate this in retrospect seems nuts.

Bad decision from McInnes, but not the first one over the last 5 weeks.

We're only 13 games into the season...won 8, drawn 1, lost 4. We've had worst starts.

The team is lacking confidence, but they're still good players and a win or 2 will turn things around. For 45 minutes...with the ball....we looked good today, and we opened Celtic up incredibly easily quite a few times.

This isn't an ability issue, it's a mental thing. Trust me on this....

Yeah he was playing well in midfield,just expected him to slot in there when Considine went off.

Thought they had lost more than that in the current bad run, my bad. First half Rooney had an excellent chance he should have scored, chances like that you have to put away especially against Celtic. I agree with what your saying it does seems a mental/confidence thing as second half today when they lost the second they seemed to fall apart.

On a side note i don't understand the bad attitude and aggression towards Aberdeen fans on here. They always take a healthy away support and follow the team through thick and thin. The one's i have met on Scotland trips seems decent and certainly don't think they are better/above everyone else in the league outwith Celtic. Very strange behaviour.

[quote name="PaulS2014" post="234638" timestamp="1446331323

On a side note i don't understand the bad attitude and aggression towards Aberdeen fans on here. They always take a healthy away support and follow the team through thick and thin. The one's i have met on Scotland trips seems decent and certainly don't think they are better/above everyone else in the league outwith Celtic. Very strange behaviour.

Sorry but that's just nonsense. Unless you've just landed from the moon, Aberdeen fans dominate this board.

Edited by slasher

You've had worse starts, but the way some Dons act, you should be winning every game 5-0.

I'd love you guys to win the league, but over confidence is a killer.

Not sure where the over confidence claim comes from.

Even when the team were on the winning run some fans were pointing out some deficiencies in the team.

Thought we we decent value for the 8 wins but remembered McInnes saying at the time that the team were not wholly better than everyone else and so it has proved to be.

Squad is imbalanced and that needs addressing in the next window.

Thought Griffith's movement was superb and constantly asked questions of our defence.

We do seem to have a massive mental block about league games at Parkhead though. Players and managers come and go but the tepid hesitant displays continue.

Not the worst performance there by any means but still well short of whats required to get a result.

Big job ahead of the manager to get the team back to winning ways.