Pupil Killed In Aberdeen - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pupil Killed In Aberdeen

Horrible its happened at a school too. My dad was working at Holyrood last year when the stabbing took place. He taught in easterhouse for about 22 years in the 80s and 90s and said schools now are far worse than he ever experienced no discipline and teachers are discouraged from shouting at pupils. Pupils just don't give a and a lot of race issues

Aye, people I know in the teaching sector say the same. All control has been lost, and it will only get worse. I'd hate to be a teacher now (or a pupil for that matter).

Whatever happened to a good square go with the burds holding the jackets?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, people I know in the teaching sector say the same. All control has been lost, and it will only get worse. I'd hate to be a teacher now (or a pupil for that matter).

A lot of people seemed to be commenting on various threads on fb that their child's school had a similar problem not long ago when a child attacked a teacher with a knife,I'm not sure if it was local or not,but it's very worrying.

Good God.

I know.

I went to an allegedly rough school,albeit 17 years ago,but this would be unheard of.

It's scary that some kids don't seem to value life at all,one unfortunate positive is that our 14 year old realised that we weren't being spoilsports and over protective when she's out and late home without contacting us first.

This is the school she wanted to go to when we moved house,hopefully this is the reality check that kids,not just in Aberdeen,but nationwide realise that actions have consequences that can affect the rest of their lives and others.

:(

I know.

I went to an allegedly rough school,albeit 17 years ago,but this would be unheard of.

It's scary that some kids don't seem to value life at all,one unfortunate positive is that our 14 year old realised that we weren't being spoilsports and over protective when she's out and late home without contacting us first.

This is the school she wanted to go to when we moved house,hopefully this is the reality check that kids,not just in Aberdeen,but nationwide realise that actions have consequences that can affect the rest of their lives and others.

:(

The worst we had was someone setting fire to the Guidance room one night.

The year ahead on me at Harlaw Academy in Aberdeen had three murderers in it, but they'd all left school by the time of their crimes. One of them was the infamous guy who killed the nun (Sister Josie) in a cathedral in the centre of Aberdeen in the late 1980s . Another one killed his girlfriend and the last one shot someone over a drug deal.

It wasn't 'that sort of school' and I doubt that there's been anyone since.

Edited by neilser

Apparently the kid who died had learning difficulties, and it was a pre-arranged fight.

Makes me sad and angry : what kind of society do we live in....

There is no doubt Cults Academy is (generally) a very good school in affluent area of Scotland. In someways that makes this more shocking. Though my experience is that the "posher schools" have minority examples of terrible behavior : especially when it comes to bullying and drugs.

Incidents like this confirm that anyone carrying a knife should be locked up for a very long time.

The year ahead on me at Harlaw Academy in Aberdeen had three murderers in it, but they'd all left school by the time of their crimes. One of them was the infamous guy who killed the nun (Sister Josie) in a cathedral in the centre of Aberdeen in the late 1980s . Another one killed his girlfriend and the last one shot someone over a drug deal. It wasn't 'that sort of school' and I doubt that there's been anyone since.

Just goes to show its not just deprived areas or deprived families that have their fair share of nutjobs/evil people. Hungerford and Dunblane were hardly inner city ghettoes either.

Apparently the kid who died had learning difficulties, and it was a pre-arranged fight.

Makes me sad and angry : what kind of society do we live in....

There is no doubt Cults Academy is (generally) a very good school in affluent area of Scotland. In someways that makes this more shocking. Though my experience is that the "posher schools" have minority examples of terrible behavior : especially when it comes to bullying and drugs.

Incidents like this confirm that anyone carrying a knife should be locked up for a very long time.

Not sure rumours like this should be getting posted on here.

Was Mike Watson visiting?

:lol:

Aye as you can imagine my parents were both delighted to retire this year, should have been next year but they werwe both fed up and lucky enough to be able to afford it. My dad is like a new man just now, he would come home most days and just rant about how bad it was, and i had never seen him do that until the last few years. He also said Hyndland was "like a zoo" when he worked there a few years back.

Agree with the fight thing, i went to school with some right nutters and there were scraps all the time but no stabbings or anything that sinister.

The year ahead on me at Harlaw Academy in Aberdeen had three murderers in it, but they'd all left school by the time of their crimes. One of them was the infamous guy who killed the nun (Sister Josie) in a cathedral in the centre of Aberdeen in the late 1980s . Another one killed his girlfriend and the last one shot someone over a drug deal.

It wasn't 'that sort of school' and I doubt that there's been anyone since.

My year had two murderers, one when we were still at school but he had left, it was pretty nasty and all over the papers and the other was a couple of years after we left again pretty horrible. Both of the guys were nutcases in school mind you.

My year had two murderers, one when we were still at school but he had left, it was pretty nasty and all over the papers and the other was a couple of years after we left again pretty horrible. Both of the guys were nutcases in school mind you.

Same here, 2 murderers in my year at school.One was a serial killer who murdered pensioners, another was a Paisley drug lord who saw his main rival filling up his car, so he just blew him away with a shotgun in the forecourt in front of witnesses CCTV etc, ironically it was mistaken identity, the poor ####er murdered was a good family man who had popped in to fill his car up on his way home from work.

Mental

Edited by Jersey Jim

Same here, 2 murderers in my year at school.One was a serial killer who murdered pensioners, another was a Paisley drug lord who saw his main rival filling up his car, so he just blew him away with a shotgun in the forecourt in front of witnesses CCTV etc, ironically it was mistaken identity, the poor ####er murdered was a good family man who had popped in to fill his car up on his way home from work.

Mental

What age are you? I might have worked with the first guy you're talking about.

Re my posts from last night -

All I was trying to get across is that we are always to quick to assume the person who died had done nothing to 'deserve this'

Now let's get this straight, nobody deserves to be stabbed, nobody, but if, as it seems from what the rumour mill is putting out, there was bullying involved you can see why this happened.

It is just a shame the lad who appears to have been on the end of the bullying decided upon the course of action he took instead of a kick to the bully's balls.

Not good at all and it's indicative of the world that we now live in sadly.

Re my posts from last night -

All I was trying to get across is that we are always to quick to assume the person who died had done nothing to 'deserve this'

Now let's get this straight, nobody deserves to be stabbed, nobody, but if, as it seems from what the rumour mill is putting out, there was bullying involved you can see why this happened.

It is just a shame the lad who appears to have been on the end of the bullying decided upon the course of action he took instead of a kick to the bully's balls.

Not good at all and it's indicative of the world that we now live in sadly.

This...

Btw, I could see what you were saying last night.

The alleged assailant has been named by the daily mail.

And unfortunately,the story they describe is along the same lines of what I heard,not arranged,a spur of the moment,comments made,death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3294761/Bailey-Gwynne-killed-Aberdeen-Cults-Academy-school-stabbing.html

I see they've removed the name now. They'll be getting their knuckles rapped as they shouldn't have named him as he's under 18.

I see they've removed the name now. They'll be getting their knuckles rapped as they shouldn't have named him as he's under 18.

I was wondering about that, is the age cut off not 16, and as he's now been charged they won't name him until he has appeared in court - I'm sure that's what happened in the Tobin case regarding Dinah McNicol.