November Friendly/friendlies - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

November Friendly/friendlies

ProudScot

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at booking stuff for next year and it's a pain in the arse until we know when we are playing. Can it really be that hard?

WGS and the commercial department don't exactly have a huge work load.

Are the SFA going to wait until 4-5 weeks prior to the dates to tell us?

Hope we get another game at Fulham. That was a great day out.

Columbia are coming to Europe in March, but I believe they are in talks for games against Ukraine and (possibly Belgium).... game at Fulham would be good, but probably more chance of it being at Hampden.

Romania is a interesting one to look out for as they have said they will use every available date between now and the Euros (with only advanced talks to fill one date with a game v Spain)..... if they draw Wales, NI or (possibly) ROI in the Euros, that could be a fixture that suits both their needs and ours.

Looking at booking stuff for next year and it's a pain in the arse until we know when we are playing. Can it really be that hard?

WGS and the commercial department don't exactly have a huge work load.

Are the SFA going to wait until 4-5 weeks prior to the dates to tell us?

Think the Poland away friendly in March 2014 was announced on the christmas eve of 2013 if I remember right, wouldn't be surprised if any games for next year aren't mentioned til xmas/new year time.

Think the Poland away friendly in March 2014 was announced on the christmas eve of 2013 if I remember right, wouldn't be surprised if any games for next year aren't mentioned til xmas/new year time.

Think everyone is nervy to announce anything just now until the Euro draw is made next month.

I would expect reports and rumors of games for March to start surfacing within days of the draw being made.

Columbia are coming to Europe in March, but I believe they are in talks for games against Ukraine and (possibly Belgium).... game at Fulham would be good, but probably more chance of it being at Hampden.

Romania is a interesting one to look out for as they have said they will use every available date between now and the Euros (with only advanced talks to fill one date with a game v Spain)..... if they draw Wales, NI or (possibly) ROI in the Euros, that could be a fixture that suits both their needs and ours.

I'm heading to Romania next month for a non-football related matter, which pretty much guarantees an upcoming friendly in Bucharest.

I'm heading to Romania next month for a non-football related matter, which pretty much guarantees an upcoming friendly in Bucharest.

Haha I know that feeling. Had never been to Poland, so spent a few days in Warsaw and Kraków. The following year, two more trips to Warsaw!

Really? For lower league teams like Scotland it will be anything but. It gives us a great chance to qualify for a tournament.

Why? Can you explain? I've had a look at the Euro Nations League on the UEFA website and still don't really understand it. I'm guessing it's cos most higher ranked teams will have qualified anyway?

Why? Can you explain? I've had a look at the Euro Nations League on the UEFA website and still don't really understand it. I'm guessing it's cos most higher ranked teams will have qualified anyway?

It would take me a long time to reply in full but basically every league will have a team qualify directly (including the bottom league which the weakest European teams will be in). As such Scotland should take this very seriously.

Also when the league games are being played no one will have qualified yet (as the qualifiers are after the league is finished).

Edited by tartanpar

It would take me a long time to reply in full but basically every league will have a team qualify directly (including the bottom league which the weakest European teams will be in). As such Scotland should take this very seriously.

Also when the league games are being played no one will have qualified yet (as the qualifiers are after the league is finished).

I was gonna say that this would lead to teams no trying in the qualifiers if they'd already qualified but the Nations League play-offs happen after the qualifying ends of course.

It says on uefa.com that the 4 teams who qualify through the Nations League would be added to make a group of 5 in the finals, how will that work???

I was gonna say that this would lead to teams no trying in the qualifiers if they'd already qualified but the Nations League play-offs happen after the qualifying ends of course.

It says on uefa.com that the 4 teams who qualify through the Nations League would be added to make a group of 5 in the finals, how will that work???

The tournament will still have the same number of teams (24) with 4 slots for the Nations League and 20 for the Euro qualifying.

Can you give me a link to that article please?