Anyone Else Ha On Second Thoughts? - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Else Ha On Second Thoughts?

tam4ritchie

Will be a struggle but still going to go.

Going with the Mrs, she doesn't get many opportunities to go to away games as she's a teacher and the holidays rarely suit internationals so she's still looking forward to it.

Was on the verge of booking flights to Malta for next September. That has been well and truly shelved though.

Sitting at Leeds airport after 3 hour drive with my first pint....first of many.....we can either enjoy it or sit about wi out faces tripping us.....when we sitting down next weekend we are still out so why not make the best of it.....believe me I'm hurting as much as anyone but we got plenty time for recriminations....

The football is often secondary for me anyway. It would have been nice to have had a chance going into the Gibraltar game but our terrible performance against Georgia coupled with Germany failing to score for the 2nd time in 40+ games and our own inability to maintain focus to the final whistle have put paid to that.

Beers in the sun, Lisbon (where I'll be for most of my trip) is a great city. Will still have a good time.

Edited by lyonhibs

Very much still considering not going, in spite of my comments in an earlier thread. Struggling to find any enthusiasm for it whatsoever. Leaving at half 8 tomorrow morning, so still time, but there's a number of other things I could do than sit and get pished for 4 days.

We're camped in Lisbon and considered not bothering with Faro and giving ourselves an extra two days in Lisbon.

Would only have meant losing £19 on the train tickets and we could cancel the hotel.

However today we've decided "f*ck it, let's go". Will be really disappointed if there's not a lot of changes though. Really hope Shinnie, Rhodes and Griffiths play.

At the airport now. Buzzing to get away for a few days. I'm Over last night. No point wallowing on it just enjoy the last game. 1 bad result and 2 freak results for Ireland ruined us.

Good man. Great attitude. I'm going to watch the rugby in the bars of faro this weekend. Rugby eh. There's a sport that doesn't affect my mood. Can't really be bothered with it most of the time though.

This has been a great positive period, the end of the last campaign and a good bit of this one. Way more hope than there has been for years. It was the most torturous group to be in and we played some of our best football for many years. An astonishing result by the Irish was the killer.

Anyone that has made arrangements to go should be getting their erses there to show their appreciation and support. Outrageous that folk would consider going all the way to Portugal and then not go to the game. People clearly fortunate enough anyway to afford the trip and yet they take a selfish whining poor me attitude. I'm not up for it, cannae be bothered getting a train now, might just stay at home and clear some leaves. Stinks to the heavens of the glory hunter, all booked up, pre empting qualification and boasting to their pals about how magic it was and how they missed out. And if, given Scotland's record in the last 17 years, you are actually saying it's affected you that much, you might as well feck aff entirely, because you don't have the emotional resilience to be in the TA or indeed to call yourself Scottish.