Anyone Else Ha On Second Thoughts? - Page 2 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Else Ha On Second Thoughts?

tam4ritchie

This has been a great positive period, the end of the last campaign and a good bit of this one. Way more hope than there has been for years. It was the most torturous group to be in and we played some of our best football for many years. An astonishing result by the Irish was the killer.

Anyone that has made arrangements to go should be getting their erses there to show their appreciation and support. Outrageous that folk would consider going all the way to Portugal and then not go to the game. People clearly fortunate enough anyway to afford the trip and yet they take a selfish whining poor me attitude. I'm not up for it, cannae be bothered getting a train now, might just stay at home and clear some leaves. Stinks to the heavens of the glory hunter, all booked up, pre empting qualification and boasting to their pals about how magic it was and how they missed out. And if, given Scotland's record in the last 17 years, you are actually saying it's affected you that much, you might as well feck aff entirely, because you don't have the emotional resilience to be in the TA or indeed to call yourself Scottish.

Who the hell are you to tell people to off ? Glory hunter, please tell me how that works following Scotland?

You going Tam ?

Me an Zico meeting Uncle Albert in the airport bar at T3 about 1700.

Andy ( aka uncle Albert ) is having second thoughts too. Nah not going Del. Can't justify it. With time off work, going up hampden last night,then over to faro for s couple of days the cost would have been well over a grand. Had flight booked from Bristol and hotel in albuferia but cutting my losses. Going up work the weekend now. Edited by tam4ritchie

The football is often secondary for me anyway. It would have been nice to have had a chance going into the Gibraltar game but our terrible performance against Georgia coupled with Germany failing to score for the 2nd time in 40+ games and our own inability to maintain focus to the final whistle have put paid to that.

Beers in the sun, Lisbon (where I'll be for most of my trip) is a great city. Will still have a good time.

That's maybe why our support has turned pish.

Football is 99% of the reason why I go.

If I want a jolly then u go away with my mates without using the football as an excuse.

Secondary my arse.

This has been a great positive period, the end of the last campaign and a good bit of this one. Way more hope than there has been for years. It was the most torturous group to be in and we played some of our best football for many years. An astonishing result by the Irish was the killer.

Anyone that has made arrangements to go should be getting their erses there to show their appreciation and support. Outrageous that folk would consider going all the way to Portugal and then not go to the game. People clearly fortunate enough anyway to afford the trip and yet they take a selfish whining poor me attitude. I'm not up for it, cannae be bothered getting a train now, might just stay at home and clear some leaves. Stinks to the heavens of the glory hunter, all booked up, pre empting qualification and boasting to their pals about how magic it was and how they missed out. And if, given Scotland's record in the last 17 years, you are actually saying it's affected you that much, you might as well feck aff entirely, because you don't have the emotional resilience to be in the TA or indeed to call yourself Scottish.

Away and throw shite at the moon ya zoomer.

Andy ( aka uncle Albert ) is having second thoughts too. Nah not going Del. Can't justify it. With time off work, going up hampden last night,then over to faro for s couple of days the cost would have been well over a grand. Had flight booked from Bristol and hotel in albuferia but cutting my losses. Going up work the weekend now.

Pity mate.

Can understand why but I'm going anyway :bouncy:

Save your holidays for the Budapest friendly in November :ok:

Now that my train to Manchester is late and now instead of nice relaxing evening I will be lucky to be in the hotel for midnight then up at 5 for the flight yes I am having serious doubts about it.

Edited by Jute

Off to Faro tomorrow (just as the rain comes in)

Deflated, and my old man even said last night he wasn't taking the kilt. I'm sure he'll be fine tomorrow morning.

J

I'm still considering patching the kilt, looking forward to drinks with friends etc but the football aspect isn't really shouting out to me just now.