Feeling A Abit Defated - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Feeling A Abit Defated

scotsgary1

All,

Havent read a lot of threads on here today so apoligise if repeating.

Going game tomorrow night mad up for that.

But iam not feeling the same old buzz as before.

Always big Scotland fan but not thinking we on for a win disappointingly.

Comments welcome

think you've answered your own question you think we'll lose therefore not up for it as much

To be honest it's probably a good thing Gary

Think of all the times we have had that excitement and expectation only to be let down

Then think of all the times we have been worried sick and managed to pull it off

If we blow it then it wont be the first time and it wont be a surprise

Thats my philosophy

Y though mate

Well you are saying you are deflated. You then go into detail why you are feeling deflated so no matter what anyone is going to say to you - you will still be deflated.

I always go into Scotland games expecting little and so anything we get is a bonus. This time around we were in pole position but blew it in Georgia so quite frankly if we don't make it then there can be no hard luck stories.

The biggest pisser for me is Ni and Gareth Bales team mates will be there along with England and possibly they long ball merchants across the sea.

Georgia knocked the stuffing out of me to be honest

I don't begrudge them their moment. I mean come on Wales have been waiting over 50 years to reach a major tournament and Northern Ireland about 30 years. Besides them qualifying and us not (if that is what happens) is not injustice as they have earned it - we haven't.

I don't begrudge them their moment. I mean come on Wales have been waiting over 50 years to reach a major tournament and Northern Ireland about 30 years. Besides them qualifying and us not (if that is what happens) is not injustice as they have earned it - we haven't.

Bet you'll not be saying that in that summer when the build up starts. ?It'll be even worse given that the tourney was fkin expanded. ?

Bet you'll not be saying that in that summer when the build up starts. It'll be even worse given that the tourney was fkin expanded.

No I honestly won't. If we are going to get all bitter over countries reaching their first major tournament in a combined total of almost a century it really makes us pretty twisted. Both of them have gone through the qualification process (like us) but they have got the results when it has mattered whilst we haven't so unless we change that tonight then we miss out. I don't see what is unfair about that. Of course I'll be gutted we aren't there but it is always nice to see others not normally at major tournaments have their day.

What's with negativity? The only dissapointing result was Georgia away. None of us would have expected us to beat the world champions home or away so no surprises there. Draws away to Poland and Ireland were no shock. We've beaten the teams we're expected to at home. The saying about having to win your home games to qualify is true and I'd rather have our final two games than Poland's or Ireland's and remember we've won our head to head with ROI which puts us in a great position to go for the win tonight, as Germany should be expected to beat the Irish.

What's with negativity? The only dissapointing result was Georgia away. None of us would have expected us to beat the world champions home or away so no surprises there. Draws away to Poland and Ireland were no shock. We've beaten the teams we're expected to at home. The saying about having to win your home games to qualify is true and I'd rather have our final two games than Poland's or Ireland's and remember we've won our head to head with ROI which puts us in a great position to go for the win tonight, as Germany should be expected to beat the Irish.

Correct, have a cigar , or a pint

Pre match nerves, massive game so dinnae start fretting. Remember, you already have a huge head start in life- you are a Scot. Disnae matter if we lose, it is about turning up and singing your heart out for those young men in dark blue who need your support. We are a big part of this too. Been supporting Scotland for over 40 years now and, believe me, had a lot of disappointments, football- wise. I don't want to be German or Brazilian or Even Welsh, I am truly thankful that I am Scottish, however frustrating it can be with football.

Get yourself a wee dram if you take one, get yerself to Hampden and shout yer heid aff. The lads at Bannickburn will have been nervous too but they pulled it off and if they hadn't we wid aw be speaking English now!!!!!