Final Two Games - Your Predictions. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Final Two Games - Your Predictions.

TheBoysinGreen

Well here we are. An absolute massive week awaits both our respective nations. How do people people see the the remaining two games going for both Scotland and Ireland?

Personally I think we'll get a maximum of one point from our two final games which will just about be enough. We've the best defensive record in the group so the two games should be tight affairs as all our games have been. We don't lose many games (only one all campaign) and a point should be enough for us.

Without provoking you all I just cannot see Scotland beating the Poles. Scotland MUST win and I think that nervousness among the squad and Tartan Army faithful will be detrimental on the night. I predicted in the summer to Scottish and Irish fans that Scotland will lose three games in a row and I got laughed at and got told Ireland were "pish". The way Scotland play and the way Poland play iare interesting contrasts with Poland having the advantage. Scotland will most likely have to go out and attack for the win which is exactly what the Poles will want. They thrive on counter attacking at pace and we all know the lethal attackers that they have. This is not to mention the vocal support they'll have inside the ground. I know a group of six Poles travelling over from Ireland. No doubt there's many more like them from Ireland and the UK attending the match. A draw is the how I see the Hampden game going which will leave Poland and Ireland to play out a draw in Warsaw and us and the Poles go home happy.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland will go 2 up against Poland in the first half then capitulate 'a la celtic' due to that weird ingrained psychological loser status that Scottish society seems to nourish.

Scotland 2-3 Poland.

Gibralter 0-2 Scotland.

Ireland 0-4 Germany - Ireland finally getting found out against a team that's finally hitting its stride and needs the win.

Poland 1-0 Ireland

Edited by thewelk

Well here we are. An absolute massive week awaits both our respective nations. How do people people see the the remaining two games going for both Scotland and Ireland?

Personally I think we'll get a maximum of one point from our two final games which will just about be enough. We've the best defensive record in the group so the two games should be tight affairs as all our games have been. We don't lose many games (only one all campaign) and a point should be enough for us.

Without provoking you all I just cannot see Scotland beating the Poles. Scotland MUST win and I think that nervousness among the squad and Tartan Army faithful will be detrimental on the night. I predicted in the summer to Scottish and Irish fans that Scotland will lose three games in a row and I got laughed at and got told Ireland were "pish". The way Scotland play and the way Poland play iare interesting contrasts with Poland having the advantage. Scotland will most likely have to go out and attack for the win which is exactly what the Poles will want. They thrive on counter attacking at pace and we all know the lethal attackers that they have. This is not to mention the vocal support they'll have inside the ground. I know a group of six Poles travelling over from Ireland. No doubt there's many more like them from Ireland and the UK attending the match. A draw is the how I see the Hampden game going which will leave Poland and Ireland to play out a draw in Warsaw and us and the Poles go home happy.

We don't have to beat Poland. 1 point v Poland and a win v Gib and if Ireland lose both their games then we get 3rd.

Scotland 2 Poland 1,

Ireland 1 Germany ( world champs) 1

Scotland 6 Gib 1

Poland 1 Ireland 1

Scotland to finish level on points ( 17) with ireland but qualify for 3rd as they have a better head to head, thanks to our win at Parkhead.

eb56hk.jpg

Edited by Robroysboy

I reckon we will draw with Poland and Germany will beat Ireland.

That would mean that the Poland v Ireland game is the most important game for us on the Sunday, as it is a given we will beat Gibraltar. I'll be watching that and flicking back to the Scotland game.

I fear we'll capitualte late on and get hit on the break and probably get beat 2-0 or 2-1. After watching football from another Planet when the Germans came calling last month im giving up altogether if Ireland take anything off them. I reckon they'll hang on for a point in Warsaw and good night vienna.

Looking back we should have won in Dublin - ireland were horrific. And but for one of the most inept, inexplicable performances in Georgia...we should have left with 3 points, no excuses. Now we are left with having to go for it v Poland - i cant see it. The Gibralter game is going to be like CIS 92 and Slovenia away 05 - embarrasing.

Scotland will go 2 up against Poland in the first half then capitulate 'a la celtic' due to that weird ingrained psychological loser status that Scottish society seems to nourish.

I would say more that it's been battered into us over the last 300 years rather than nourished. Too wee, too stupid, too pathetic. Sadly so many now believe it.

If we had been playing this game before Georgia, I'd be tempted to envisage a win.

Right now, I think we'd do well to draw. And expect Ireland to get something - enough - out of their last 2 games.

But... come Thursday, still all to play for. It's up to Strachan to get the players in the right frame of mind.

The results I'm hoping for:

Scotland 1-0 Poland

RoI 0-4 Germany

Poland 3-1 RoI

What I actually think will happen:

Scotland 0-0 Poland

RoI 0-2 Germany

Poland 0-0 RoI

I very much doubt Strachan will go for it unless it's 0-0 in Dublin with 20 to go and we're not winning, as the fear of getting beat is too great. I just dont really think we have the bottle as evidenced in Georgia to win when we absolutely have to either.

Edited by Johnnyshaker

In answer to the original post, Republic might have the best defensive record in the group and have only lost 1 match, but you have to take into account that you still have 2 of your most difficult games to play. You had Germany away at the beginning when they were still getting over their World Cup hangover. If Germany play like they did at Hampden you will get a lesson without a doubt. The agricultural dross played under O'Neill will not make any impression on the modern football played by the Germans.

Republic fans said to me after the Parkhead game that we were lucky. I didnt think so as we were the only team trying to play football. Witness the second half in Dublin, long ball after long ball.

If we don't qualify it will be because we made an arse of it against Georgia, not because Republic are a better team. If you qualify you will lose every game same as you're last tournament appearance.

Slow agonising death scenario:

Scotland 1-1 Poland

Ireland 0-3 Germany

Gibraltar 0-7 Scotland

Poland 0-0 Ireland

We'll be scoring at will against Gibraltar while Poland and Ireland are having a passing exercise round the centre circle.

Without provoking you all I just cannot see Scotland beating the Poles. Scotland MUST win

I'm curious as to what people think here. Is the best way of winning to play go out and attack as if there's nothing to lose, or set up to not lose, and try to nick a winner?

Or maybe start with one and end with the other?

and I think that nervousness among the squad and Tartan Army faithful will be detrimental on the night.

I'm curious as to what people think on this too. Will the TA be nervous to the detriment of the cause? Or how to combat this?

I'm confident we can win our 2 remaining fixtures. If we do then we will qualify for the playoffs. In saying that, if we don't finish 3rd we only have ourselves to blame considering the position we were in at the half way stage.

Absolutely bricking it for the game on Thursday mind you!