October Squad. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October Squad.

saintlyscot

Did anyone watch the Fulham v Blackburn game? Craig Conway and Ross McCormack were brilliant. Strachan was watching from the stands (as was Martin O'Neill)

Wouldn't be surprised to see those 2 get a call up.McCormack could do some serious damage with Naismith playing off him, based on recent form.

Gordon

Whittaker Hanley Martin Robertson

McArthur Fletcher

Ritchie Naismith Anya**

McCormack

**Conway could also do a job on the left wing

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think he has lost it, just that he focuses far to much into how to beat a team, that he does not take plan B into account if Plan A fails to work.

Think it is a case that since Ireland at Celtic Park that the other teams have spotted our strengths and weaknesses and able to get around it (in Tbilisi it was clear Georgia were beating us using our own game plan)

Georgia have played that game plan since they arrived on the international scene so that was no surprise. It was more a surprise and disappointment to me that we hadn't formulated any real plan to break them down. It was like we were still trying Plan A but for that you need a team to attack first. It was evident we were playing the same game plan as Naismith could be seen on the pitch urging the team to push up in the first half. Finally, in the last five minutes or so when desperation set in and we were pumping balls into the box they began to look rattled - if only we had had that tempo and tactic from kick-off. :angry:

Did anyone watch the Fulham v Blackburn game? Craig Conway and Ross McCormack were brilliant. Strachan was watching from the stands (as was Martin O'Neill)

Wouldn't be surprised to see those 2 get a call up.McCormack could do some serious damage with Naismith playing off him, based on recent form.

Gordon

Whittaker Hanley Martin Robertson

McArthur Fletcher

Ritchie Naismith Anya**

McCormack

**Conway could also do a job on the left wing

McCormack and Conway? Jesus wept.

I don't blame Strachan for any of his selections thus far, I do however think he really needs to get the Poland one right or face a bit of a backlash.

If Steven Fletcher played every game from now until 8th October and tucked a couple of goals is happily see him start up from for us but it was so evident in both games he's lost his sharpness.

I blame him for playing Naismith for 45 mins but fletcher 180 mins. Madness

If Strachan did call him up he wouldn't get on the park.

Forrest cant be in the next squad

Your most probably right ...

however hes playing first team football, scoring goals, making assists and has just won the young player of the month in the championship ....so if he can get himself in and around the squad maybe could push for a spot form the bench ....

We could be without Maloney and morrison and maybe steven fletcher so there could be room for some changes in the forward area .....

I dont think wholesale changes is the way to go for the game ...but would be nice to see a few different/form options being used in the squad or from the bench if needed

DING, on 18 Sept 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Ryan Fraser seems to be playing well.....and is highly thought of ...if theres a space in the squad for him i wouldnt mind Strachan getting a closer look

I'm glad he seems to be doing well.

From his all too brief stay at Aberdeen, it was clear he had real talent. The quickness of his feet was the best i've seen at Aberdeen in a long time. I thought the move to Bournemouth would be a disaster and he'd disappear in to obscurity. Hopefully he can get a full season playing in the Championship this year and make the step up to the EPL next season (if Bournemouth stay up)!.

I'm glad he seems to be doing well.

From his all too brief stay at Aberdeen, it was clear he had real talent. The quickness of his feet was the best i've seen at Aberdeen in a long time. I thought the move to Bournemouth would be a disaster and he'd disappear in to obscurity. Hopefully he can get a full season playing in the Championship this year and make the step up to the EPL next season (if Bournemouth stay up)!.

More likely he'll get a permanent transfer to Ipswich in January and get promoted with them as Bournemouth go down !

Still too early to say mind.

ErsatzThistle, on 21 Sept 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

More likely he'll get a permanent transfer to Ipswich in January and get promoted with them as Bournemouth go down !

Still too early to say mind.

I think he recently signed a new contract at Bournemouth, so i'm assuming they have plans for him in the medium to long-term.