When Will The Sfa Be Held Accountable ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

When Will The Sfa Be Held Accountable ?

Ally Bongo

it's not the SFA fault, it's our performance on the night in Georgia. That goes down the manager and players at that time. The sfa have done what the fans wanted.. appoint strachen.. what more do you want?

Blame the players.. the pitch... the manager... the ref.... but much we hate the sfa, they can't be blamed for a football match that happened. We also had plenty of time to get back into to that match after conceeding.

WTF !

Seriously - you think all thats wrong with the Scottish International team is an off night ?

Are you Stewart Regan ?

The SFA oversee the running of the "NATIONAL" game and what a shite job they have made of it

As someone said earlier - some of these Scandinavian countries (who we used to pump regularly but now cannot beat) have upwards of 50 indoor pitches

We have 1

Dont actually know why i even justified your post with a reply :(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual lame excuses trotted out to exonerate the pampered youth of today

"Pampered youth" What a right wing fruitcake :lol: . Yeah, bring back the belt and national service too, that'll teach the wee bastards. :um-no:

Coaches encouraging dangerous tackling, picking only the tallest of players, constant verbal abuse of aimed at fragile young minds, always launching the ball forward to a hopeless target man, turning a blind eye to poor diets, fizzy drinks instead of water at half time etc, all has to go.

We now need to liquidate this old fashioned "but it worked in ma Da's day" mentality and embrace modern continental methods.

WTF !

Seriously - you think all thats wrong with the Scottish International team is an off night ?

Are you Stewart Regan ?

The SFA oversee the running of the "NATIONAL" game and what a shite job they have made of it

As someone said earlier - some of these Scandinavian countries (who we used to pump regularly but now cannot beat) have upwards of 50 indoor pitches

We have 1

well said

WTF !

Are you Stewart Regan ?

We have 1

don't exaggerate..... theres an OK 7 a side pitch at the Corn Exchange too :blush:

<p>I think the availability of artificial pitches is improving. I know this is only anecdotal but there is a new school opposite my house which has an artificial pitch and it's left unlocked and used constantly by all the local kids. Also, Stenhousemuir seem to let the local kids just turn up and have a kick about on their pitch. Every time we arrive to play 8 a-sides there's kids there playing on the pitch, who i'm assuming haven't paid to hire the pitch. </p>

<p><br />

Obviously these both have hee-haw to do with the SFA. I do see loads of kids playing football all the time around my bit and my nephews want to do nothing but play football (despite having a playstation,wii, ipad, etc). </p>

Every time I am up visiting my nephews I will head along to the oldests football on a Saturday morning in Penicuik. Always been impressed with the amount of children playing football however the quality of coaching is very varied. My nephew loved football last year and had an excellent coach who played for hearts a few years back ( bit part player) who was constantly doing passing drills and working on touch and control. He moved up a level and his coach is a well intentioned dad who knows nothing about developing players. I kid you not, the kids where practising celebrations before the game when I was up at the start of summer. So he has jacked in football and now does Rugby and Cycling. Today he was leading out the tour of Britain with his cycling club and picked Scotland v Italy at Rugby instead of Scotland v Germany at football to go to.

kps022000, on 09 Sept 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Every time I am up visiting my nephews I will head along to the oldests football on a Saturday morning in Penicuik. Always been impressed with the amount of children playing football however the quality of coaching is very varied. My nephew loved football last year and had an excellent coach who played for hearts a few years back ( bit part player) who was constantly doing passing drills and working on touch and control. He moved up a level and his coach is a well intentioned dad who knows nothing about developing players. I kid you not, the kids where practising celebrations before the game when I was up at the start of summer. So he has jacked in football and now does Rugby and Cycling. Today he was leading out the tour of Britain with his cycling club and picked Scotland v Italy at Rugby instead of Scotland v Germany at football to go to.

Edinburgers are a weird breed.

Go to watch quite a lot of kids playing in Shettleston ,Glasgow Green,and must honestly say I find the standard really good.Seen lots of really good ball players,very little just hoof it stuff.

Thats true & has been the case for years, but in my experience we seem to lose our way when they (the boys) hit 15/16 years of age, probably many reasons for this though (mates, drink, girlfriends etc)

Thats true & has been the case for years, but in my experience we seem to lose our way when they (the boys) hit 15/16 years of age, probably many reasons for this though (mates, drink, girlfriends etc)

Part of the reason they get sidetracked is that our coaches don't do enough to encourage them to keep playing football.

Croatia and Iceland are both far smaller than us and have built much better teams.

Wales are different due to Bale which no amount of coaching can create - otherwise every nation would have a Weah or a Kaladze.

Our coaching is woefully inadequate. Last season I watched the Rangers under 6s training. They were practising corners while 5 coaches sat and shared a laugh at pictures on a mobile.

We need to copy exactly what the Icelandics have achieved - with a population 1/16th the size of ours and with a weaker league.

Being disciplined is fine but our football psyche is completely passive. We don't take the game to our opponents. We play slowly, without tempo or confidence and create few chances.

Part of the reason they get sidetracked is that our coaches don't do enough to encourage them to keep playing football.

this is it. our coaching methods are ingrained and wrong. i know someone who was at largs on the courses there recently and they are still preaching get it into the box asap stuff. its depressing. the game is run by dinosaurs who just wont change.

this is it. our coaching methods are ingrained and wrong. i know someone who was at largs on the courses there recently and they are still preaching get it into the box asap stuff. its depressing. the game is run by dinosaurs who just wont change.

Always makes me laugh when our media up here constantly portray the Largs set-up as being some sort of radical coaching scheme and that we should be very proud of it.

Pish !

As you say it is common knowledge that at Largs, the old fossils are still preaching the doctrine of "a strong physical presence is key", utter nonsense. They are another factor holding us back.

Always makes me laugh when our media up here constantly portray the Largs set-up as being some sort of radical coaching scheme and that we should be very proud of it.

Pish !

As you say it is common knowledge that at Largs, the old fossils are still preaching the doctrine of "a strong physical presence is key", utter nonsense. They are another factor holding us back.

We don't even have that nowadays - we always look much smaller in height & physique than most other nations we play against !!

We don't even have that nowadays - we always look much smaller in height & physique than most other nations we play against !!

Yet we still look to play high balls, like Anya is going to outjump a 6 ft 5 inch centre back.

Pish !

absolutley. it feels like all the rhetoric about modernising and revamping our coaching was just lip service to enable them to hold on for a bit longer. the changes have achieved nothing yet. we live in hope that a golden generation is just around the corner but you start to feel that any improvement being made at a young age with our lads is coached out of them as they grow.

I still dont think high schools should be playing 11 a sides until much later on. some of the kids are still tiny and yet they are hoofing a ball up and down a full sized pitch. ok holland maybe not the best example right now but do they not play 7's up until about 16/17 years of age? developing the ball skills rather than physique?

"Pampered youth" What a right wing fruitcake :lol: . Yeah, bring back the belt and national service too, that'll teach the wee bastards. :um-no:

Coaches encouraging dangerous tackling, picking only the tallest of players, constant verbal abuse of aimed at fragile young minds, always launching the ball forward to a hopeless target man, turning a blind eye to poor diets, fizzy drinks instead of water at half time etc, all has to go.

We now need to liquidate this old fashioned "but it worked in ma Da's day" mentality and embrace modern continental methods.

More on about parents driving kids everywhere , buying them all the latest gear and folk generally scared to let their kids play in the wet and cold

Sub Arctic countries need indoor ; we don't

But hey keep putting words into my mouth

More on about parents driving kids everywhere , buying them all the latest gear and folk generally scared to let their kids play in the wet and cold

What typical ill informed Daily Mail and Scotsman reader right wing nonsense.

Stay in your 1950s socially conservative dream world by all means. The rest of us embrace modern liberal parenting.

And we do need indoor pitches.

Kids shouldn't be out playing in the pishing rain or on dark streets in the winter. A warm, safe, well lit environment for them to play in after school and on weekends and holidays is a must.

Auchinyell Sox Change, on 09 Sept 2015 - 4:55 PM, said:

Aye. Better to play outdoor fitba' in November when it's blowing a gale, pishing with rain and is 3 degrees. Fvck having the kids actually being able to feel their limbs and play a proper game.

Just use the wind to help punt it up the length of the pitch to the biggest kid :ok: