James Forrest - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

James Forrest

JagDude

Forrest has been highly regarded by Lennon, Deila, Levein and Strachan. Has appeared in most teams when he is fit and is always in the Scotland squad when fit.

Is it possible that these four managers know something or see something that we don't?

I reckon Forrest will play an absolute blinder tonight in a 1-0 Scotland win.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JagDude, on 07 Sept 2015 - 2:57 PM, said:

Forrest has been highly regarded by Lennon, Deila, Levein and Strachan. Has appeared in most teams when he is fit and is always in the Scotland squad when fit.

Is it possible that these four managers know something or see something that we don't?

I reckon Forrest will play an absolute blinder tonight in a 1-0 Scotland win.

Managers love pacey players. Love them. Average footballers with pace go for fortunes. Look at guys like Theo Wallcott. He's completely average yet is blisteringly quick, so is an asset so valuable that Arsenal are prepared to pay him £200k/wk to keep him. Is he a top-class player? No, not even close.

Unfortunately Forrest isn't even an average player. I'd love to be proven wrong but i think he's a terrible player. Sometimes things will happen for him because of his pace but against high class opposition, like tonight, he'll barely get a kick of the ball.

Managers love pacey players. Love them. Average footballers with pace go for fortunes. Look at guys like Theo Wallcott. He's completely average yet is blisteringly quick, so is an asset so valuable that Arsenal are prepared to pay him £200k/wk to keep him. Is he a top-class player? No, not even close.

Unfortunately Forrest isn't even an average player. I'd love to be proven wrong but i think he's a terrible player. Sometimes things will happen for him because of his pace but against high class opposition, like tonight, he'll barely get a kick of the ball.

That's a good point. An example being Anya, pacey player but has a final product and has done more for Scotland in one year than Forrest has since his debut.

I still have a feeling that Forrest could be a bit of a dude. I think if he is on his game tonight then he will give the Germans a few problems.

We can only hope that injury and psychological issues (getting caught boaby oot in a disco) have hampered the progress of this immense talent and that tonight he rips the World Champions to shreds. It is a possibility.

Or he has a picture of Gordon Strachan's boaby and is holding him to ransom...

Guess we'll find out soon!

Speculation on my part : Hector was excellent against Poland and linked well with Ozil, but he was playing most of his game in the Poland half. It was Schweinsteiger who covered for him if an attack broke down, so if Forrest can break, with Hector up the park, he is going to be against a fantastic footballer, but one who has possibly lost a yard of pace. Big Hampden pitch, plenty of space to knock the ball into and outpace him..........

On the other wing, Can was the weak link at right full back against Poland. He is never mobile enough for a full back, more like a centre back or combative midfielder. So either Maloney or Forrest switching might get some joy. Similarly Morrison on the left if we can get him forward enough. Can has been poor for Liverpool as well.

Maybe Strachan is trying to blunt the German left flank - their most productive unit - by giving them as much attacking threat as possible with Hutton and Forrest both a consideration for them.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

Speculation on my part : Hector was excellent against Poland and linked well with Ozil, but he was playing most of his game in the Poland half. It was Schweinsteiger who covered for him if an attack broke down, so if Forrest can break, with Hector up the park, he is going to be against a fantastic footballer, but one who has possibly lost a yard of pace. Big Hampden pitch, plenty of space to knock the ball into and outpace him..........

On the other wing, Can was the weak link at right full back against Poland. He is never mobile enough for a full back, more like a centre back or combative midfielder. So either Maloney or Forrest switching might get some joy. Similarly Morrison on the left if we can get him forward enough. Can has been poor for Liverpool as well.

Maybe Strachan is trying to blunt the German left flank - their most productive unit - by giving them as much attacking threat as possible with Hutton and Forrest both a consideration for them.

Makes playing Mulgrew at left back tolerable if their right back is equally slow.

I have often wondered why he hasn't been near the squad even when he was on fire for QPR last season. Is there a problem between him and Strachan?

He was heavily linked with a move away from QPR and back to the Premiership and certainly seems to have started the season in very good form.

Ritchie impressed me when he played at Anfield, he looked sharp and showed a good range of passing, on more than one occasion he switched play with one pass, he also put in some really dangerous crosses. IMHO he's a better player than Forrest, he's certainly showed more of a football brain than I've seen from JF.

Edited by cheesynsicksheep