Steven Fletcher - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher

PaulS2014

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not discussing the game tonight specifically here,but whilst I can see WGS plan in using Fletcher to hold up & link play, he's not started this season well and he's not protecting the ball very well. I appreciate that Naismith isn't everyone's brand of vodka but he would have been perfect in that role tonight and I think that if he found himself clean through and onside he'd have realised it !!

Apart from not being able to use his right foot my biggest problem with Fletcher is he's lazy. Not ideal when you're struggling away from home.

Agreed. Commentators were talking about him being the first line of defence, but he doesn't do any of that.

We need to give Jordan Rhodes a chance, and change the formation around that if needs be,

I'm struggling to think of any decent contribution he's made to the team in 180 minutes of football.

Fletcher's not to blame for not being an international footballer, but Strachan is for continuing to pick him.

Strachan has one game to get it right, against Poland. He either drops Fletcher completely, or he brings in a goalscorer to play beside him.

Surely now that's it for Fletcher in this campaign... He played well in Warsaw but totally ineffective in the last three games.

His confidence is too low at the moment - he looks like he doesn't believe he can score. Russell, Naismith, Griffith and even Armstrong need to be ahead of him for Poland

Said it before and I'll say it again he would do well as a second forward/ high up attacking midfield. He will never be a goal scorer and yet all we ever see is him being asked to holup play, link with the midfield and score goals. OK he usually can do 2 of those but he just can't score( unless it's against a diddy team

I'm struggling to think of any decent contribution he's made to the team in 180 minutes of football.

Fletcher's not to blame for not being an international footballer, but Strachan is for continuing to pick him.

Strachan has one game to get it right, against Poland. He either drops Fletcher completely, or he brings in a goalscorer to play beside him.

Couldn't put it any better :ok:

Not defending him but he wasn't helped by the complete inactivity around him. He won several flick ons and we didn't pick up a single second ball as no one was running beyond him.

He once and only once held up the ball effectively in the game and that was for Hutton. That apart he twice tried a very basic pass when holding up the ball and made a of it.

One footed, slow, lazy, strolled about like he's a player. I'd need to see it again but did he not pass the ball back the way it came to him instead of turning and running into the 10 yards of space between him in the goals after abt 70-80 minutes. Worse than a man down tonight

<p>I thought Fletcher was alright last night. He had a very difficult job, up against 2 classy centre halves, with no runners going beyond him and the only service to him being long balls shelled up the pitch. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>