A Favourite Album - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never managed to get into dream theatre. To me they seem like a heavier version of tangerine dream. Don't get me wrong I can respect the talent but for me what I have heard is to thrashy?. Do they have any albums that are not as heavy as I have only listened to bits and bobs of theirs

I took a look through the albums I have Hunchy, and all of them have heavy tracks on them. A few quiet ballads too. With 5-string bass, there's going to be plenty notes pumping out a lot of the time. That's their style.

I took a look through the albums I have Hunchy, and all of them have heavy tracks on them. A few quiet ballads too. With 5-string bass, there's going to be plenty notes pumping out a lot of the time. That's their style.

Cheers for that might look up there ballads if you got any suggestions. Ye think there normal tunes are just that wee bit to heavy for me I'll stick with my Floyd and tangerine dream but thanks for looking anyway

• 4 weeks later...

For someone who was originally suspicious of Apple Music I've downloaded a pile of stuff - would never have taken a chance on Sleaford Mods if it hadn't been for the free trial - listening to Loop, The Replacements and The Fall for about the first time in about 25 years - got a few Northern Soul playlists set up (playlists being a totally new concept to me...).

For someone who was originally suspicious of Apple Music I've downloaded a pile of stuff - would never have taken a chance on Sleaford Mods if it hadn't been for the free trial - listening to Loop, The Replacements and The Fall for about the first time in about 25 years - got a few Northern Soul playlists set up (playlists being a totally new concept to me...).

I just don't get The Replacements at all.