A Favourite Album - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's like a George Micheal album without the hairs on the baws mate.An album made for the folk who buy their 'CDs' in Tesco while they do their weekly shop.It's about as indie as One Direction.

I listened to it once and just deleted it off my iPhone.

Not that I have anything against them but they are the most boring fecks I've ever had the displeasure of seeing playing live.It was like watching Emmerdale on a Tuesday night.

A wild statement. I honestly think you might betting them confused with Coldplay or Kaiser Chiefs or some middle of the road drivel like that. The only thing you got right was that it's not an indie album, it's much better than an indie album or any album by any indie group in a great number of years.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been getting into The Who recently after not knowing much more than their Greatest Hits album; Who's Next and Tommy are both excellent.

Good man, you are on the right road. Check out The Who By Numbers and Quadrophenia and your place in heaven is assured. :guitar:

Good man, you are on the right road. Check out The Who By Numbers and Quadrophenia and your place in heaven is assured. :guitar:

Only guaranteed with a Thistle scarf and a Thistle tie, Mr Rubble.

The Who Sell Our is my favourite 'Oo album, followed by My Generation and Quadrophenia.

I remember buying Quadrophenia on LP in the early eighties and I absolutely hated it - it was a major disappointment to me as I loved (and still do) the '65-'68 stuff. I only finally got into it a few years ago when I decided to give it another try and bought it on CD.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Listening to it now on Spotify - I knew a few songs off it already. Enjoying it so far, so may well buy the CD.

Watched 'The Kids Are Alright' DVD last week - can't get over Moon's drumming, nor how Entwistle played bass...

Only guaranteed with a Thistle scarf and a Thistle tie, Mr Rubble.

The Who Sell Our is my favourite 'Oo album, followed by My Generation and Quadrophenia.

I remember buying Quadrophenia on LP in the early eighties and I absolutely hated it - it was a major disappointment to me as I loved (and still do) the '65-'68 stuff. I only finally got into it a few years ago when I decided to give it another try and bought it on CD.

That does not need to be said Charles.

It's 40 years ago next month since Who By Numbers was released - on the week I started at Glasgow University................

Always thought Squeeze Box was in the 65-68 idiom that you refer to.

Listening to it now on Spotify - I knew a few songs off it already. Enjoying it so far, so may well buy the CD.

Watched 'The Kids Are Alright' DVD last week - can't get over Moon's drumming, nor how Entwistle played bass...

These things are always open to subjectivity, but Daltrey, Entwistle, Moon and Townshend are comprehensively the best front four that ever played at Celtic Park.

To young to huv been there but think Alex Harvey stole the show that night

Pish - that's something that's grown legs and arms over the years., and by your own admission you weren't even there.

I was there, SAHB were damn good indeed excellent that night, but the Messi of the bass guitar and Keith Moon were a world apart that night. No contest.

I'll bow tae your judgement but mates of mine that were there said it wiz Harveys night didnae see the who live til 82 and by that time Kenny Jones was drumming still one my favourite gigs

Fair play mate, but trust me, The Who with Moon was from another galaxy in comparison.

Listening to music on your iPhone is as bad as buying 'CDs' from a supermarket. Some jester phones you whilst your trying listen, couldn't think of anything worse.

Nowadays I rarely listen to music any other way - apart when I occasionally come home pissed and put on a CD (I come home pissed more than occasionally, but more often than not I don't put music on). Edited by Charlie Endell

• 4 weeks later...

I only own two albums: The triple-disc What's The Story... and Albion by Ginger Wildheart. Rarely listen to either, despite loving both of them.

Edited to say: I actually own a third album. I got a moody copy of Frank Turner's England Keep My Bones off of a mate before going to see him when he gigged over here.

Edited by Chico

Just one?

All right, I spent more time making this composite than I did thinking about whether these really were my favourites. They just resonated at some time or this.

If I were stuck on a desert island with nothing but pineapples, coconuts and a good hi-fi, I might put more thought in, but feck it. here's my tinypic...

359g2z6.jpg

I seem to have pasted in Clutch twice, dammit.

I wonder what I missed out? Bet it was something really cool :unsure:

Just one?

All right, I spent more time making this composite than I did thinking about whether these really were my favourites. They just resonated at some time or this.

If I were stuck on a desert island with nothing but pineapples, coconuts and a good hi-fi, I might put more thought in, but feck it. here's my tinypic...

359g2z6.jpg

I seem to have pasted in Clutch twice, dammit.

I wonder what I missed out? Bet it was something really cool :unsure:

Never managed to get into dream theatre. To me they seem like a heavier version of tangerine dream. Don't get me wrong I can respect the talent but for me what I have heard is to thrashy?. Do they have any albums that are not as heavy as I have only listened to bits and bobs of theirs