Poll - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poll

Mazziessc

Thanks for the link. Did anyone receive an email about this? I did a search in my emails and don't see any mention of the poll. I also checked my spam folder, but I don't usually have issues with receiving SSC emails.

Not sure how they expect a poll to be useful, if the majority of fans don't know it's there!

Thanks for the link. Did anyone receive an email about this? I did a search in my emails and don't see any mention of the poll. I also checked my spam folder, but I don't usually have issues with receiving SSC emails.

Not sure how they expect a poll to be useful, if the majority of fans don't know it's there!

Indeed. Waste of time. The only folk that will respond are the folk who are on the SSC looking for info. And why would anyone who wasn't going be looking for info?

They always do these polls but they're a complete waste of time.

Email out now...

Euro Qualifier

Gibraltar v Scotland

Sunday 11 October 2015

We will meet with representatives of the Gibraltar FA very soon. Ticket allocation will be on the agenda, so we've set up an online poll to establish demand from Supporters Club members.

If you are planning to travel to Faro (or haven't decided yet) it would be really useful if you could take two minutes to complete the poll by 5pm Friday 15 August.

Given that it's said on here a lot that the SFA keep an eye on the TAMB to see what's going on, it seems remarkably stupid naïve of them to be asking at this late stage about who is thinking of going. It's not rocket science to see that there will be a very big demand for this match, given the position of the team in qualifying group and location of match.

Bit pointless showing the results as percentages once you have voted. Means nothing without the actual number of votes. You are also far less likely to think "I'm not going, but I must make sure I go to the website and register my no in the poll". Yes is always going to be heavily weighted.

Bit pointless showing the results as percentages once you have voted. Means nothing without the actual number of votes. You are also far less likely to think "I'm not going, but I must make sure I go to the website and register my no in the poll". Yes is always going to be heavily weighted.

The "poll" isn't really for your benefit though. It's there to help them gauge how many folk might apply for tickets.

Whit are you moaning aboot, then? :wink2:

Not moaning at all. Simply stating a fact - that it is pointless showing the percentages after you have voted. The "data" means absolutely nothing. I don't care enough about it for it to be a moan. Granted, I cared enough about it to state that fact on here. Edited by EIFA10

Not moaning at all. Simply stating a fact - that it is pointless showing the percentages after you have voted. The "data" means absolutely nothing. I don't care enough about it for it to be a moan. Granted, I cared enough about it to state that fact on here.

It's just a standard bit of software they will have got from somewhere which automatically shows the percentages. It doesn't matter if the percentages mean anything or not. They will have the absolute numbers, which is all they need.