Android Box - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

£40 - Enigma2 capable satellite receiver

£40 - Motorised satellite dish

£50 - Yearly subscription to all of Europe's satellites...

£0 - £? - installation

On just 28e, 13e and 19e, you're getting 4000+ channels and all the fitba' you can wave a droidstick at.

No buffering, no missing streams, instant channel changing. All the full packages (although HD has been lost recently on Sky UK, Italia and some Spanish)

Makes more sense, chaps. IPTV isn't quite there yet.

If you already have a dish installed, it's just £90 for the box and subscription and you'll have Sky SD for the year. (Think BT Sports is still HD)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£40 - Enigma2 capable satellite receiver

£40 - Motorised satellite dish

£50 - Yearly subscription to all of Europe's satellites...

£0 - £? - installation

On just 28e, 13e and 19e, you're getting 4000+ channels and all the fitba' you can wave a droidstick at.

No buffering, no missing streams, instant channel changing. All the full packages (although HD has been lost recently on Sky UK, Italia and some Spanish)

Makes more sense, chaps. IPTV isn't quite there yet.

If you already have a dish installed, it's just £90 for the box and subscription and you'll have Sky SD for the year. (Think BT Sports is still HD)

:ok:

I've started looking into getting something like this, mainly due to the same as someone said earlier that I'm paying loads to Sky which while very good is still a lot of money! I'm leaning towards the Amazon fire stick at the minute, anyone got one? any good? Good for streaming? Easy to find HD movies, etc? I'm just bookmarking this thread really for information when I get one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an account that I set up on Droidsticks (Entertainmentbox.com) site when I made the purchase.

Do I need to log in somewhere on Kodi with this account?

Cheers for your assistance.

EDIT: Just found this: http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-on-kodi/

Just setting up ma new T8 brummie hibs you've saved my sanity cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Found it...

(This thread)

Thinking about buying one of these, so thought I'd bump the thread.

I'm quite tech minded, but wookie wizards and sports donkeys are all quite confusing without actually seeing it.

Can I buy a £40 box and watch sky sports and movies on my TV for free? Or is this a box that lets me watch streams of the quality you get on the dodgy streaming websites?

Sports donkey has stopped I think. Was a fall out between him and Wookie and Wookie stopped funding him.

So.....how can I get it on my Android box? Watched it Sunday on laptop and picture was perfect.

Edited by macy37

Parklife, if i was to get an Android box, apps that work on say a android phone would work on this box too? Like Sky go and BT Sport?

Im not looking for apps with streams, a box for me when i visit the mother in laws is what im looking for and sky go and bt sport would be enough for me

Anyone on here use an android box for films and sport? Seen them mentioned a few times but don't really know much about them. Is there plenty of choice for streaming films and sports and do you get a range of sport not just football?

I bought the Openbox on ebay for £34 and a 12 month gift pack for £18.I get all the sport plus ESPN,Setanta,P sports and all the Sky channels.

I don't have sky go so can't be sure. I don't see any reason why not though...

Think it will..

Sky have launched a major update to the Sky Go app for Android today. It's the moment many of you have been waiting for.

The new application will run on any Android device running Android v4.0 or above,

Parklife, if i was to get an Android box, apps that work on say a android phone would work on this box too? Like Sky go and BT Sport?

Im not looking for apps with streams, a box for me when i visit the mother in laws is what im looking for and sky go and bt sport would be enough for me

Used to use my Xbox and used sky go with my parents login details (they in Ayrshire and I'm in Cambridgeshire) so should work the way you want it to

Sports Donkey through my Android box Parklife.

Forgive me as it's way above my heed?

Mate set the thing up but is unavailable at present to take a look at it.

As i said, i'm pretty sure Sports Donkey is no longer operational.

As i said, i'm pretty sure Sports Donkey is no longer operational.

So this spoon paid the £50 on SD website than tried to install it.

Picture is superb on laptop so is my only option to get it on my TV to hook it up to my laptop then?

Or spend another x amount to get it through anyone/someone else??

Picture is superb on laptop so is my only option to get it on my TV to hook it up to my laptop then?

Can you get it through the web browser on the android box?

I'm going to slightly hijack this thread to see if anyone can help me with a related problem I'm having.

I've got a Kodi app on my Macbook which works perfectly either when watching on the Mac or with it hooked up to the TV via an HDMI. I also have Apple TV however when try to watch the Kodi on the TV via Apple TV the picture and sound kind of sticks/jumps every couple of seconds. To confuse matters more, if I watch content that I have purchased through iTunes it works perfectly on TV/Apple TV. To confuse matters even further, if I go Kodi(with jumps) to iTunes content and then back to the Kodi content it plays fine which makes no sense whatsoever!! Obviously there is a workaround in place but it's a ball ache having to do that every time. If the Kodi content never played then I could put it down to some sort of restriction Apple have put in place and leave it at that but the fact that it eventually will play after the faffing about means it must be something else. Anyone else experienced anything similar (or have a clue what I'm rabbling on about!!)?

Maybe he's still operating independently, i don't know? All i know is that he and Wookie have severed ties and Wookie are no longer funding him. The @Sportsdonkey twitter also seems to have been deactivated.