Android Box - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hey, i've been telling everyone on here to buy a T8 box for months. If yous had all listened...

I listened and it is brilliant! Great shout! Sports donkey has been a real let down though. Other options which are fantastic though. Well worth the cash.

Edited by flynnyboy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parkie I'll be checking out your stuff for the live football. More or less got it covered in my Android box but the last Celtic European game was a bit sketchdhy, more cover would be good. Saw enough to know James Forrest is still pish though.

The T8 lets 'normo' non geek types do what geeks were doing for 10 years. And it's brilliant. If it had a sky logo plastered on it, it would cost 70 quid a month.

Everyone should get one.

I still prefer my root access and command line, that way the wife stays scared of it and wont break it. But anyone who 'doesn't do computers' should get a T8.

Edit: Still falls short for HD stuff though. Even the 'close to HD' is still a bit far from HD in my opinion but that's a pretty subjective opinion and depends on your screen etc. Still perfectly watchable.

Edited by thewelk

, that way the wife stays scared of it and wont break it.

Getting the wife on board though is vital in persuading her to agree to cancelling the TV license and funding the state broadcaster. It is for me at least

I didn't realise they were so cheap - because my mate lives in the East End I just assumed it was some sort of knock-off dodgy thing he'd sourced down the Clachan when he told me it was 45 quid.

Nothing wrong with the Clachan - apart from the dogs wandering about (the 4 legged kind)

Finally got my box set up, and now works like a treat. Currently I only have the standard Wookie apps/setup.

Watched a great quality movie (currently in cinema), and apart from Chinese subtitles, I am really happy. (Genesis)

Managed to stumble across the Spurs game on Saturday after searching for ages to find some football at 3pm (that worked!). Quality was outstanding (Genesis NBCSN)

And I found about 1 billion hours of Masterchef series from around the world, so I got GF approval as well.

Now, I need to download some apps/pay one-off subscriptions, so that I know exactly where to go to get the exact football matches I want, at decent quality.

Might buy a second T8 for the other TV. Has anybody else tried streaming to do different devices at the same time. I have 100mb Virgin line - just want to know if it will still be okay?

Having trouble finding good football streams. I might have to pay the money to Sports Donkey.

This week I tried watching Man Utd and Celtic games, and only got to see one goal out the lot. The rest of the time was spent buffering, freezing or me trying to find better streams.

Having trouble finding good football streams. I might have to pay the money to Sports Donkey.

This week I tried watching Man Utd and Celtic games, and only got to see one goal out the lot. The rest of the time was spent buffering, freezing or me trying to find better streams.

Vdubt25 worked fine.

Not for me last night. Was flitting between that and Turks, and eventually gave up.

Reluctant to pay a one off subscription, but if it really is going to be better, then I will.

I've went off Sports Donkey. It wasn't working great last week and i've went to Vdub ever since.

Don't you know anyone who has BT internet and you could install the BT Sport app on your android box?

A laptop and an HDMI cable does the same job. No outlay required.

They don't really though... It's a pain in the arse to change the channels and navigate through.

They don't really though... It's a pain in the arse to change the channels and navigate through.

what's the real advantage? The kodi/wookie user interface is exactly the same on my tablet as it is on my laptop.

Sit with your laptop, find what you want to watch, see if its a decent stream. plug it into the tv and hey presto.

what's the real advantage? The kodi/wookie user interface is exactly the same on my tablet as it is on my laptop.

Sit with your laptop, find what you want to watch, see if its a decent stream. plug it into the tv and hey presto.

Yeah, that's what i used to do. I found it a pain in the arse.

Going back and firth to your laptop all the time is a lot less convenient than just navigating using your remote.

The box is probably the best £100 i've ever spent.

Yeah, that's what i used to do. I found it a pain in the arse.

Going back and firth to your laptop all the time is a lot less convenient than just navigating using your remote.

The box is probably the best £100 i've ever spent.

Plus if anyone else in the house needs the laptop for anything you're goosed. Unless you buy another laptop solely for streaming tv, in which case you'd be cheaper getting the box.

I'm delighted with my box from droidsticks, in the process of telling sky to ram it at the moment.

A laptop and an HDMI cable does the same job. No outlay required.

This. The software is fantastic, but I don't see much benefit in buying extra hardware to run it.

Download the Yatse app to your smartphone and you have a fully customisable remote that works seamlessly with Kodi. The free version works just fine, but I paid the 3 quid to get streaming functionality to/from my phone to save me missing goals when I'm out of the room :ok: