Tamb Running Thread - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pesky cold at the mo, which I'm using as my excuse for not running today, along with the skitey roads. Next run will be New Years Day Parkrun, I'll probably chuck some more miles in after it as well - got a half marathon two weeks Sunday and need to keep the long runs going.

Edited by in5omniac

Well that is my yearly total at 1008 miles. Starting off the new year with two park runs on 1st, Lumphanan 10k on 2nd and park run on 3rd.

Nice one.

I'm at 825miles - started the year aiming for a 1000, but June/July the best months buggered me with the World Cup and holidays.

Will do one tomorrow hoping for maybe 10 miles - did 7.3 on Monday, 7.8 yesterday - both on the treadmill, but I get bored - need to download a few podcasts maybe to get over the line or head outside.

I need to do at least 6 miles today to hit 1000 for the year. I more or less took September and the first two weeks of October off as I fancied a break before my training schedule for the marathon next April started. Took me a few weeks to get back into it (it really does get harder as you get older) but OK now I think. I'm the tailrunner at Edinburgh parkrun this Saturday, anyone doing it please come over and say hello.

I need to do at least 6 miles today to hit 1000 for the year. I more or less took September and the first two weeks of October off as I fancied a break before my training schedule for the marathon next April started. Took me a few weeks to get back into it (it really does get harder as you get older) but OK now I think. I'm the tailrunner at Edinburgh parkrun this Saturday, anyone doing it please come over and say hello.

I hardly did Sept either - was a bit distracted with other things..... :(

There's that of course. Funnily enough, I was watching an STV News review of the year type thing the other night and there was a clip of you at one of the referendum result announcements, and it was pretty obvious from that what it meant to you.

There's that of course. Funnily enough, I was watching an STV News review of the year type thing the other night and there was a clip of you at one of the referendum result announcements, and it was pretty obvious from that what it meant to you.

:blush:

I keep asking why won't they move on, we lost ;) Either that or give me royalties :lol:

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with running?

I planned getting doing the half marathon distance before the end of the year. Built up to 14km a couple of weeks ago. Today i managed 3km before having to stop! Apparently a bowl of soup and a sandwich an hour before running isn`t ideal preparation.

I planned getting doing the half marathon distance before the end of the year. Built up to 14km a couple of weeks ago. Today i managed 3km before having to stop! Apparently a bowl of soup and a sandwich an hour before running isn`t ideal preparation.

Get yourself registered for one.

That should help with motivation.

Having finished C25K, i can't decide if i want to stick with 5k's and get my slow time down, or move onto 10k.

Have found this app which would help with training for a 10 - http://blog.bluefinapps.com/about-bridge-to-10k/

What would you recommend?

I started using that but a wee bit into it just decided to push on to 10k and not worry about the time just to see if I could manage it and then kind of work backwards from there really.