Tamb Running Thread - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Balmoral 10k tomorrow, this time last year it was my first ever 10k race.

Can't see it being a PB given the nature of the course, really don't think I can go under 47:56 here.

Will certainly be looking to take as much as possible off of last year's 56:55 though.

An interesting weather forecast too...

11185444_10206904735965410_1395122771_n.

Jeez.

I might just head to Caley instead.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Highland Fling Ultra for me tomorrow - As long as the really heavy rain holds off it should be perfect conditions, although some of the rocks may be a tad slippy and the start line a bit cold at 6am!

Drop bags all ready and full of stuff I know I wont eat, but got to pack it just in case.

Does anyone run with an iPhone? Mine crashed the other night (and I couldn't get it to restore) - although it didn't actually crash while running I'm wondering if it's related, although I wouldn't have thought so.

Yup. I use my on every single run, along with the Mapmyrun app.

My iphone likes to crash now and again for no reason other than being a dick. Never crashed using mapmyrun though.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time as I was going to the racing at Beverley the next day - hardly got any sleep as I was trying fix it (ended up going without it and placing my bets using someone else's phone) - finally managed to get it go successfully restore this morning.

The other day I seen someone run with who had an iPhone, a dog running with them on a lead and a bottle of water in hand :shocked::shocked: Personally I prefer to run without listening to music. Also I don't take water with me. I chew gum instead. And I don't have a dog.

I often do that.

I would however suggest that you get the dog to carry the water.

A new 10km PB for me today.

At Balmoral!

Buzzing with that.

Nice one! Have just taken 1 min 31 secs off my 10k PB I set last week - am now down to 49 mins 28 secs. Am not really sure how I managed it, but am well pleased.

Planning to have my final 20+ mile run ahead of Edinburgh this coming Sunday and then just look to tick over for the final four weeks.

Starting to get excited now.

Feeling excited about this seems genuinely scary really.

Edited by Cove_Sheep