Tamb Running Thread - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. Definitely a double-edged sword!

As far as the ballot goes I've entered last 3 or 4 and not got a sniff and the way they have done it now will be even less likely. I did it on a charity place in 2013 and got a club place this year. They had a ballot of people who had a sorry mag and there were 3 places for 5 of us. Other clubs may choose other ways but worth a look though. I wasn't even a member when I entered the ballot originally.

Anyone want to buy a fitbit charge? Still in the box and sealed. Got it as a free gift with my phone upgrade. There`s 100% chance i`ll lose it so i`m selling it before i do. £60 (cheapest i`ve seen them is £85).

• 2 weeks later...

The money goes to the running and organisation of the London marathon and several other races that they organise - irrespective of whether you are successful in the ballot or not. Then, and only then, does any surplus money go to charity.

I entered in a mad and unnecessary blind panic. You had the option donate or not donate your entry fee. I put mine to "donate" after the page come up with a warning of some description (which I didn't read). The I put in all bank details (thinking they'll be keeping those in case I am successful) and within minutes £39 was out my account

Doing the MOK 10K this Sunday, not looking at a decent time just trying to make sure I get round as only started back training a couple of weeks ago after damaging my knee at the start of the year

Clydebank 10k tomorrow night, looking forward to it as I've never raced at night before and much prefer running in the evening.

I really enjoy the midweek 10ks you get in May and June. Won't manage one this year as other stuff on. I would have liked to have done the Clydebank 10k myself, but only 3 days before Edinburgh marathon I had to rule it out.

Enjoy it and good luck!

Doing the MOK 10K this Sunday, not looking at a decent time just trying to make sure I get round as only started back training a couple of weeks ago after damaging my knee at the start of the year

Surprised myself by beating last years time by about 5 minutes especially as it was pretty cold and windy, would love to be in a place to try the half marathon next year

Really enjoyed today other than the wee mental wobble I had between 21 and 24 miles.

If someone had offered me 4.01.50 before I started I would have snapped their hand off, so feels daft to be slightly disappointed with my time.

That wind for the last 8 miles or so was tough going!

First marathon complete though in a time of 4hours 7mins, with which I'm pretty happy with.

Would def do another marathon and hopefully get sub 4 hours

Really enjoyed today other than the wee mental wobble I had between 21 and 24 miles.

If someone had offered me 4.01.50 before I started I would have snapped their hand off, so feels daft to be slightly disappointed with my time.

Well done, Cove. Great time especially for your first marathon. Get signed up for another soon as you will definitely find it easier. Having completed one gives you a bit of confidence that you can go faster next time.

As for being disappointed, it is not that often you hear someone say they are totally happy with a marathon, there is always something that could have gone slightly better. That is why it is such a challenging distance. But you should be really proud of the journey you have been on from starting running to where you are now. And faster times to come I am sure.