Tamb Running Thread - Page 39 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Doing a half marathon in Torshavn tomorrow. Haven't done more than 10km in training so it is going to be a slow effort, maybe a new Personal Worst! Will just have to see how it goes as I am still in recovery from an injury last year. At least I won't have to worry about the heat.

Me and my pal are taking our kilts, will watch the Scotland game in the Irish pub in Torshavn then have tickets for Faroes vs Greece in the evening...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Looking forward to the new route for this. A weekend in Dublin albeit a week beforehand isn't ideal but I'm still confident I'll beat my recent PB in the clydebank 10k of 39.22.

That's good running. If you see someone with an Edinburgh ac jersey who has a weedgie accent that will prob be me. Hoping to go inside 37 mins. My 10k split at Chester half was 37:12 so thinking I should manage. Looks a cracking course hope we get reasonable weather

Doing a half marathon in Torshavn tomorrow. Haven't done more than 10km in training so it is going to be a slow effort, maybe a new Personal Worst! Will just have to see how it goes as I am still in recovery from an injury last year. At least I won't have to worry about the heat.

Me and my pal are taking our kilts, will watch the Scotland game in the Irish pub in Torshavn then have tickets for Faroes vs Greece in the evening...

What an interesting one to do :)

First ever Parkrun for me today, in Aberdeen. Got a new 5k PB of 23.59 and also met Lamia and Flat Earth...

Really enjoyed it - having other runnners around helps to keep the pace up. The wind and mist/rain from the sea on the return was a bit of a challenge but the gentle slope down to the finish is very welcome.

Victory in Dublin would round the day off nicely.

First ever Parkrun for me today, in Aberdeen. Got a new 5k PB of 23.59 and also met Lamia and Flat Earth...

Really enjoyed it - having other runnners around helps to keep the pace up. The wind and mist/rain from the sea on the return was a bit of a challenge but the gentle slope down to the finish is very welcome.

Victory in Dublin would round the day off nicely.

I was incredibly slow on the uptake and didn't realise it was you until later. Numpty :blush: Nice to meet you and hope you do come back. My weekend wouldn't be the same without parkrun :)

I was incredibly slow on the uptake and didn't realise it was you until later. Numpty :blush: Nice to meet you and hope you do come back. My weekend wouldn't be the same without parkrun :)

No worries at all.

I can see why parkrun becomes a fixture in everyone's week - am going to make a real effort to come back regularly.

Edited by neilser

Not bad.

Reckon if I had been sober I'd have taken at least a minute off the 23:15 I did it in.

:-)) Aye, Guinness is a great leveller...

Am over there in March next year and I suspect that I'll still be off the drink, so will see how I get on.

Have signed up for the Crathes Half Marathon today to give me something to aim towards.

Sure you had a magnificent day there.

What another win for them.

:-)) Aye, Guinness is a great leveller...

Am over there in March next year and I suspect that I'll still be off the drink, so will see how I get on.

Have signed up for the Crathes Half Marathon today to give me something to aim towards.

I've signed up now too.

I'm over in Dublin next year and was looking for something along these lines; would be interested to see what Cove Sheep and Deeklipse make of their respective events :ok:

I did the St Anne's parkrun in Raheny which is north of the city. Think it is near Raheny Station but I imagine there are more central ones in Dublin. I was staying there with my mate who happened to be the run director that day so I also helped him out by scanning the barcodes. The course is almost 2 laps, fast and flat and definitely good for a PB. I was only 15s off mine after a few beers the night before (I broke it by 4s at Edinburgh the next week).

Don't see what's so weird about wanting to get some exercise if you enjoy it. Much better than getting hosed and feeling like crap the whole next day, not that I haven't done that myself in the past!

Edited by Deeklipse

I did the St Anne's parkrun in Raheny which is north of the city. Think it is near Raheny Station but I imagine there are more central ones in Dublin. I was staying there with my mate who happened to be the run director that day so I also helped him out by scanning the barcodes. The course is almost 2 laps, fast and flat and definitely good for a PB. I was only 15s off mine after a few beers the night before (I broke it by 4s at Edinburgh the next week).

Don't see what's so weird about wanting to get some exercise if you enjoy it. Much better than getting hosed and feeling like crap the whole next day, not that I haven't done that myself in the past!

Cheers for that Deeklipse - fast and flat definitely sounds appealing.

I'm over for the weekend of the Ireland v Scotland rugby in March so there'll no doubt be a few Tartan Army folk over for that - hopefully a few will be up for parkrun too.

I do the parkrun most weekends, love it. But that time on a Saturday morning on a weekend in Dublin is for finding your way back to your hotel, or at least it was when I used to go there for the rugby.

I do the parkrun most weekends, love it. But that time on a Saturday morning on a weekend in Dublin is for finding your way back to your hotel, or at least it was when I used to go there for the rugby.

Indeed.