Tamb Running Thread - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but let's be honest, it's absolutely fecking shite to start with :lol:

I absolutely hated running at first - even now I still have days where the urge to stay in bed seems far more appealing than getting out and running, but once I'm out and running it's great.

I absolutely hated running at first - even now I still have days where the urge to stay in bed seems far more appealing than getting out and running, but once I'm out and running it's great.

Exactly. It's important to be honest with folk who are just starting out. There's no point pretending it's all fantastic fun. If it was all fantastic fun then everyone would do it and the streets wouldn't be full of fat bastards. :lol:

I use RunKeeper Prime (I got it free with my new phone so don't pay the subscription) and it's great for measuring runs, personal bests, elevations etc.

The GPS did take a wobbly one day and apparently I ran 2km in less than 5 mins. Looks great in my records but absolute bullshit.

I've got the Galashiels triathlon next Sunday, looking forward to it as my running has been the best ever recently. I'm doing around about 20 minute 5km on relatively hilly routes recently which I'm delighted with.

I was tempted but too close to the Gala Tri for a race for my liking.

It's the first proper race i've ever done.

I'd have preferred to not have been injured for most of the last 10 weeks. Then i'd have been aiming at about 40mins, rather than about 43mins.

I'd have preferred to not have been injured for most of the last 10 weeks. Then i'd have been aiming at about 40mins, rather than about 43mins.

Still seems a good pace, faster than I could manage anyway. It'll be a flat course so definite PB beater course.

Still seems a good pace, faster than I could manage anyway. It'll be a flat course so definite PB beater course.

It's a route i'll probably do again in a few weeks, solely to get a PB :lol:

Current PB is 42:31, so if i can get within a minute of that on Sunday, i'll be pretty chuffed.

Bought new shoes today and went out for a short run and ankle felt fine - just need to see if there is any reaction.

Really like my new ASICS GT 3000 shoes but had to swap the laces with my Saucony's because they were so short I could hardly tie them - why would they do that??

Just sad to be missing tomorrow's Glenlivet 10K but even if my ankle held up I can hardly breath with this cold :(

Bought new shoes today and went out for a short run and ankle felt fine - just need to see if there is any reaction.

Really like my new ASICS GT 3000 shoes but had to swap the laces with my Saucony's because they were so short I could hardly tie them - why would they do that??

Just sad to be missing tomorrow's Glenlivet 10K but even if my ankle held up I can hardly breath with this cold :(

Will you be ok for Balmoral?

Waiting on my official time, but last weeks Parkrun time of 21:49 wasn't a fluke.

It's been beaten today :)

Good stuff, I got a 20:45 on a windy course today.

Will have to make up for it with a half marathon PB in Sheffield tomorrow.

You tried out any gels yet by the way, if so, how you getting on with them?

Good stuff, I got a 20:45 on a windy course today.

Will have to make up for it with a half marathon PB in Sheffield tomorrow.

You tried out any gels yet by the way, if so, how you getting on with them?

I've not managed to fit in a very long run since, so not yet. My brother used one though and I believe he liked it.

Worst case scenario my next very long run is a week on Monday.

My official time for today was 21:43

Anyone doing the Grangemouth 'Round the Houses 10k on Sunday?

It's a route i'll probably do again in a few weeks, solely to get a PB :lol:

Current PB is 42:31, so if i can get within a minute of that on Sunday, i'll be pretty chuffed.

Sacking my run tomorrow and going to the pub tonight. :)

How have you got a PB if it's your first race or do you mean you did it before? Hope you enjoyed the pub - you missed a good race!

How have you got a PB if it's your first race or do you mean you did it before? Hope you enjoyed the pub - you missed a good race!

I've got a PB for 10km, although not in a race situation.

There were a few reasons i didn't do it, the main one is that i've been injured for most of the last 3 months. I sprained my ankle about 10 weeks ago, came back after 4 weeks and pulled my groin right away. So have only been able to run for the last 10 days or so. It would've been a battle to get anywhere close to my best time. So, aye, I went to the pub with a bird rather than running. :lol:

One of the guys i sometimes run with got a great time of just over 38mins. I'll probably go a run on the 10km route one night in the coming weeks, see how i get on.

Good to hear, how did you get on? How were the race conditions?

I've got a PB for 10km, although not in a race situation.

There were a few reasons i didn't do it, the main one is that i've been injured for most of the last 3 months. I sprained my ankle about 10 weeks ago, came back after 4 weeks and pulled my groin right away. So have only been able to run for the last 10 days or so. It would've been a battle to get anywhere close to my best time. So, aye, I went to the pub with a bird rather than running. :lol:

One of the guys i sometimes run with got a great time of just over 38mins. I'll probably go a run on the 10km route one night in the coming weeks, see how i get on.

Conditions were better than I'd expected given the forecasts. It was pretty windy but not as windy as last year and the rain pretty much held off till I'd finished. If you've not been running much then you probably did the right thing by not running. I actually rolled my ankle just about the halfway point but seemed/seems to be OK thankfully. Did it in 38:43 which was a PB by 2 mins and about 6 mins faster than same race last year. Fairly chuffed with that!

Paris marathon on Sunday; my first and last. Glad I've done one, no desire to do another. It was a great weekend, with lovely weather, Paris looked at its best in the spring sunshine. The marathon was much bigger than I had realised (c15,000 more than London) and was superbly well organised. Huge crowds out to cheer us all on, and unlike some events (most notably Edinburgh) the route used the backdrop of the city to full effect. Back to more sensible running distance now though, which are much more enjoyable.

Paris marathon on Sunday; my first and last. Glad I've done one, no desire to do another. It was a great weekend, with lovely weather, Paris looked at its best in the spring sunshine. The marathon was much bigger than I had realised (c15,000 more than London) and was superbly well organised. Huge crowds out to cheer us all on, and unlike some events (most notably Edinburgh) the route used the backdrop of the city to full effect. Back to more sensible running distance now though, which are much more enjoyable.

I've said never again before. London a week on Sunday...