Celtic Champions League - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Champions League

Dunno what game you were watching as I thought we played pretty well. Forrest I agree though is worse than a man short these days!

If you think that is a good performance then you must not expect a lot from them. Gave the ball away constantly, both with poor passes and trying to be too clever when it could be kept simple. Severe lack of ideas going forward and some awful crossing throughout aswell. Izzaguri is useless too, they really need a left back. A good team would rip celtic apart.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that is a good performance then you must not expect a lot from them. Gave the ball away constantly, both with poor passes and trying to be too clever when it could be kept simple. Severe lack of ideas going forward and some awful crossing throughout aswell. Izzaguri is useless too, they really need a left back. A good team would rip celtic apart.

It's all about opinions of course but I really don't see where your coming from. You kinda contradict yourself as well...we were trying to be too clever yet lacked ideas??? It seemed to me we had plenty ideas they just didn't all come off. Factor in some bad misses from Shifty, thumb and Armstrong and it could and probably should have been 4-0 +. Overall it was more than decent.

A good team may well yet give us a pasting but fortunately we won't come across any of them for a bit yet!

Only went to see early form of possible Scotland players.As a fan of fast wingers Forrest was a big disappoinment.Broon looked fit and played well.Armstrong looked better in a more central role,lot of potential.Thumb didn't impress and hit a poor penalty.

Nonsense some of our football was really good especially this early in the season.

!maybe a few good moves at most.

It's all about opinions of course but I really don't see where your coming from. You kinda contradict yourself as well...we were trying to be too clever yet lacked ideas??? It seemed to me we had plenty ideas they just didn't all come off. Factor in some bad misses from Shifty, thumb and Armstrong and it could and probably should have been 4-0 +. Overall it was more than decent.

A good team may well yet give us a pasting but fortunately we won't come across any of them for a bit yet!

Too clever as in wee flicks and stuff when a simple pass would have been fine and retained the ball. They barley used any width and kept trying to play through the middle when there was no space. A ball outside more often would have opened them up. Doesn't help when Emilio and Forrest canny cross a ball. Armstrong is a much better player in the middle too and came on to a better game in the second half.

Celtic fans need to stop their blind loyalty and see that performance for what it was, poor. They should be winning games like that by at least 4 or 5 goals if they are as good a you lot seem to think.

I would be happy for Celtic to do well in Europe but its not going to happen playing like that.

But as the first competitive game

You can't be using that as an excuse. Slasher was castigating Aberdeen for drawing in the last qualifying roung and said they should've came back their holidays earlier to get match practice before the games.

You can't be using that as an excuse. Slasher was castigating Aberdeen for drawing in the last qualifying roung and said they should've came back their holidays earlier to get match practice before the games.

He's not using it as an excuse. Ge said he was pleased.

I thought we played alright. I thought Ciftci was poor and the penalty argument and miss was annoying but otherwise happy.

Crap draws potentially for us and the sheep! They need to regionalise this if they must continue with this ridiculous format.

Oh and a third tournament, maybe not cup winners cup but something else!