Pranks That Went Wrong - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pranks That Went Wrong

always winding up girlfriend or leaving sleepers for guys at work

1 time convinved girl at work on phone that i was from council environmental health and she was not allowed to keep her pet in appartment (which was an Iguana) and that a rat had been observed - she moved it out immediately within hour before we could advise was joke

Anyway - tonight - girl friend was taking the elevator/lift in our 3 storey appartment building - i worked out previously fuse box was right next to lift and i flipped the fuse (have power cuts in south africa every few days with laodsheddign just now )

Lift jammed and wouldnt resart - had to call out Lift Engineer at 8pm on a friday night :oops:

Edited by euan2020

always winding up girlfriend or leaving sleepers for guys at work

1 time convinved girl at work on phone that i was from council environmental health and she was not allowed to keep her pet in appartment (which was an Iguana) and that a rat had been observed - she moved it out immediately within hour before we could advise was joke

Anyway - tonight - girl friend was taking the elevator/lift in our 3 storey appartment building - i worked out previously fuse box was right next to lift and i flipped the fuse (have power cuts in south africa every few days with laodsheddign just now )

Lift jammed and wouldnt resart - had to call out Lift Engineer at 8pm on a friday night :oops:

:-))

The best one I heard of was that a family set up a joke on a dad.

They recorded the lottery, from the week before. Played it back and he had the winning numbers.

They let it run, until he was going to phone his boss to tell him where to shove his job.

When they broke the news that it was a wind up, the poor guy when from such a high to such a low he dropped dead with a heart attack.

:oops:

Edited by Robroysboy

many years ago when I still stayed with my parents.

I worked nightshift at the time and by the time I arrived home everybody else had left for work. On this occassion I noticed my sister had left her moby in the kitchen. I though it would be hilarious to text "Oh no, I'm pregnant" to her boyfriend and few of her mates. And then switched the phone off and went to bed.

The next thing I know I'm being woken from my slumber by getting punched in the face. Apparently my text had caused quite a panic.

many years ago when I still stayed with my parents.

I worked nightshift at the time and by the time I arrived home everybody else had left for work. On this occassion I noticed my sister had left her moby in the kitchen. I though it would be hilarious to text "Oh no, I'm pregnant" to her boyfriend and few of her mates. And then switched the phone off and went to bed.

The next thing I know I'm being woken from my slumber by getting punched in the face. Apparently my text had caused quite a panic.

Best yet. Lol

The navy came to our school on a recruitment thing. We filled out an application in my mates name for a laugh. We replaced it with a blank one and posted it. The victim thought we had posted the real one that he had seen.

Anyways one of my mates involved is a genius when it comes to computers and stuff (once broke into GTA and changed the whole game to become missions and stuff relating to all our mates, that was pretty cool having our own GTA) so this mate and a few of others of us started sending correspondence to the victim using my mates skill on the computer, you would've sworn they were real, some real research went into it. Anyways it all came to a climax several correspondences later with the victim having to report to the Hamilton recruitment office To report for duty. His whole family bought it and went into a blind panic. Anyways they sorted it all eventually.

However a matter of weeks later he got a letter from the Italian army, notifiying him of his responsibilities re national service. Thinking we were at it again he and his family ignored the letters. Cue summer holiday and upon arrival in Italy said victim was arrested! Felt kinda bad!

Friend got drunk on his 18th birthday

outside hotel he got stripped naked and his clothes were thrown into the police station door, which was few doors up

police grabbed him when he waddled into collect clothes

he got brought into the interview room, and threw up

I might have embellished this one over the years but I seem to remember hearing about one that was on Aus/NZ radio a while back.

As part of a competition the caller had phone someone and play a prank on them. Guy decided to phone his brother's wife. After a couple of minutes of general chit chat he eventually said "look Karen, the real reason I'm phoning is to tell you.....I'm in love with you. Have been for years". He then went on to say that he knew it was wrong as she was his brother's wife but he couldn't help the way he felt and couldn't hide it any longer.

Obviously the point of it all was to make the sister in law feel a bit uncomfortable for a few minutes before she told him to do one. What actually happened was a few seconds silence followed by "Oh my God, Jimmy I thought it was just me. I'm in love with you too and have been for ages". This was followed by a longer even more uncomfortable silence before Jimmy piped up "Erm Karen, I was joking. We're live on the radio" before the call was swiftly taken off the air!

Did a, what turned out to be, really cruel prank on the missus last night. Got one of our wee grandsons staying with us and he had fallen asleep downstairs. The wife asked me to pick him up and bring him and his downie up stairs while she made his bed. He woke up while I was picking him up so he decided he wanted to walk up the stairs behind me, while I carried the downie. The wife was still in his bedroom so as I got to the top of the stairs I started talking as though I was carrying him and then, as I got to the bedroom door I 'tripped' and dropped the downie. She almost had a heart attack and it took me a good few minutes to calm her down even after the grandson came into the room safe and sound. Won't be doing anything like that again

Did a, what turned out to be, really cruel prank on the missus last night. Got one of our wee grandsons staying with us and he had fallen asleep downstairs. The wife asked me to pick him up and bring him and his downie up stairs while she made his bed. He woke up while I was picking him up so he decided he wanted to walk up the stairs behind me, while I carried the downie. The wife was still in his bedroom so as I got to the top of the stairs I started talking as though I was carrying him and then, as I got to the bedroom door I 'tripped' and dropped the downie. She almost had a heart attack and it took me a good few minutes to calm her down even after the grandson came into the room safe and sound. Won't be doing anything like that again

There's a video on the Tinternet somewhere that's a bit like this.

Dad is playing with his son on the first floor landing with wife in bedroom. Doing wrestling moves and when wife moves out of sight the kid hides in his bedroom and Dad grabs a dummy (big teddy or something dressed up) and "accidentally" launches it over the bannister. Screams and Mum comes running. The scramble down the stairs and her face is totally not funny. I think the Dad may still be looking for his nuggets! ?

Dad is playing with his son on the first floor landing with wife in bedroom. Doing wrestling moves and when wife moves out of sight the kid hides in his bedroom and Dad grabs a dummy (big teddy or something dressed up) and "accidentally" launches it over the bannister. Screams and Mum comes running. The scramble down the stairs and her face is totally not funny. I think the Dad may still be looking for his nuggets! ?

Aye, it was doing the rounds last year. The Dad has the laddie dressed up as a superhero. Spiderman I think.

Dad is playing with his son on the first floor landing with wife in bedroom. Doing wrestling moves and when wife moves out of sight the kid hides in his bedroom and Dad grabs a dummy (big teddy or something dressed up) and "accidentally" launches it over the bannister. Screams and Mum comes running. The scramble down the stairs and her face is totally not funny. I think the Dad may still be looking for his nuggets!

There a couple that post code on you tube of pranks they do on each other. Some of them are classic. The one below is one of my favourite's

Both of these are great

I might have embellished this one over the years but I seem to remember hearing about one that was on Aus/NZ radio a while back.

As part of a competition the caller had phone someone and play a prank on them. Guy decided to phone his brother's wife. After a couple of minutes of general chit chat he eventually said "look Karen, the real reason I'm phoning is to tell you.....I'm in love with you. Have been for years". He then went on to say that he knew it was wrong as she was his brother's wife but he couldn't help the way he felt and couldn't hide it any longer.

Obviously the point of it all was to make the sister in law feel a bit uncomfortable for a few minutes before she told him to do one. What actually happened was a few seconds silence followed by "Oh my God, Jimmy I thought it was just me. I'm in love with you too and have been for ages". This was followed by a longer even more uncomfortable silence before Jimmy piped up "Erm Karen, I was joking. We're live on the radio" before the call was swiftly taken off the air!

Thats true. I heard it. Thought it was staged, but turned out to be true.