Twist And Turns - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Twist And Turns

vienna2008

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Polish I know are expecting them to fall apart (as ususl). They seem to have very little faith in their team. Most expect Germany to batter them.

Quite surprised at that. We don't have players of the quality of Lewandowski, Milik or Piszczek to choose from...

Quite surprised at that. We don't have players of the quality of Lewandowski, Milik or Piszczek to choose from...

Or Blaszczykowski, but it's not so much us they are worried about but their own team just messing it all up.

I don't think they play as well as we can do as a team but they've obviously got better individuals.

I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen of Poland so far. They had a brilliant result against ze Germans and have beaten Georgia fairly comfortably twice but they're nothing special.

I don't think they play as well as we can do as a team but they've obviously got better individuals.

I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen of Poland so far. They had a brilliant result against ze Germans and have beaten Georgia fairly comfortably twice but they're nothing special.

I agree.

Basically, Poland are where they are due to their win over Germany. However in their other crunch matches so far they have drawn at home to us and drawn away to Ireland so they are not on a different level to us. When put under pressure they are susceptible.

I agree.

Basically, Poland are where they are due to their win over Germany. However in their other crunch matches so far they have drawn at home to us and drawn away to Ireland so they are not on a different level to us. When put under pressure they are susceptible.

Exactly. I mean, they are a decent team but they're nothing to be scared of, particularly at Hampden.

I'm no fan of the world rankings but there must be a reason that they are ranked below us even after beating Germany.

Exactly. I mean, they are a decent team but they're nothing to be scared of, particularly at Hampden.

I'm no fan of the world rankings but there must be a reason that they are ranked below us even after beating Germany.

They had a poor euros and as a host nation they did not play any qualifiers. I think we can beat them at hampden but the next game in tiblisi is more important as its the next one. Four points from the the next 6 available and a win against poland would gaurantee us 2nd spot if not 1st ? Surely ( privately) WGS must be looking at automatic qualification, Holland sitting in third place in their group scares me. :yikes3:

They had a poor euros and as a host nation they did not play any qualifiers. I think we can beat them at hampden but the next game in tiblisi is more important as its the next one. Four points from the the next 6 available and a win against poland would gaurantee us 2nd spot if not 1st ? Surely ( privately) WGS must be looking at automatic qualification, Holland sitting in third place in their group scares me. :yikes3:

They've had a full qualifying campaign and half of this one to recover their ranking. They were ranked above us when the draw was made for the Euro 2016 qualifiers so I don't buy that excuse.

I do agree with the rest of your post though although I'm fairly confident (or am I just hopeful) that Holland will improve and grab second spot.

They've had a full qualifying campaign and half of this one to recover their ranking. They were ranked above us when the draw was made for the Euro 2016 qualifiers so I don't buy that excuse.

I do agree with the rest of your post though although I'm fairly confident (or am I just hopeful) that Holland will improve and grab second spot.

Thought they were ranked lower than us, could be wrong.

:ok:

Edited by Robroysboy

Thought they were ranked lower than us, could be wrong.

:ok:

You're probably right thinking about it but they have still had ample time to recover their ranking but they haven't. Not significantly anyway.

If they were that great a team they would have beaten us in Warsaw and would have won in Dublin.

Just seen the post match interview of strachan after the Ireland game and he seems so calm and relaxed, asks him about the offside decision and he shrugs it off as nothing . Praises his players for their commitment and says its a typical end of season game .after watching this no wonder the players want to play for the man he rarely criticises them . He accepts the first half was bad against ireland so changed it at halhf time and it worked in our favour, we have a manager who knows what he,s doing and im quietly confibdent this man will get us to the promised land

Praises his players for their commitment and says its a typical end of season game .after watching this no wonder the players want to play for the man he rarely criticises them .

The best managers never criticise their players in public.

Just seen the post match interview of strachan after the Ireland game and he seems so calm and relaxed, asks him about the offside decision and he shrugs it off as nothing . Praises his players for their commitment and says its a typical end of season game .after watching this no wonder the players want to play for the man he rarely criticises them . He accepts the first half was bad against ireland so changed it at halhf time and it worked in our favour, we have a manager who knows what he,s doing and im quietly confibdent this man will get us to the promised land

When I got home from the game - i watched it again on RTE (Irish TV) - Strachan was interviewed by Irish television after the game - and it really struck me how calm he was. Said all the right words and just came across as a top bloke with his feet firmly planted on the ground

Someone I would like to have a beer and banter with most definitely

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

The Polish I know are expecting them to fall apart (as ususl). They seem to have very little faith in their team. Most expect Germany to batter them.

wan.kers :)

i bet the number of national team games they attended ever in their pathetic life was something between 0 and 1

That kind of people that moaning all the time but when team make some good run of scores they becoming great fans of Poland

End of rant.

I`ve been with that team for better and worse (the latter one being more frequent of course).

But i can honestly say that this team we got now is the best team we had since...umm 2002 WC qualification at least.

Never had so many world class players to make up a team. Also atmosphere in the squad is finally very good. After every game players posting group photos with comments about good vibes in the team and results coming out of it. Something we never had before really.

Whether they use all this good stuff to book a place in France or maek a big co.k out of it is impossible to say at the moment of course. Uncertainty is a bread and butter for Polish National Football Team fan.

Germany will do whatever Germany needs to do to qualify. Of that I am certain. Although Poland beat them in Warsaw, Germany were by far the better side and it was one of those games that happen every now and again in football. I honestly can't see it happening again in Frankfurt.

I would much much rather face Poland at Hampden in a second place decider than the Germans. Although I fancy we can get a result at home to Germany, I'd like to think of it as bonus points and a confidence booster ahead of the crunch a month later.

Having said all that, the reason we all love football is that you can't always predict what's going to happen and the only thing that is certain is that over the next 4 months or so we will be experiencing moments when it's looking oh so rosy and others when our sphincters will be working overtime.

There will be moments we are praying for a goal and others when we're desparate not to concede.

Come October 11 at 10pm I'm sure it will all have been worth it.

I hope!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Germany win last 4 matches, We beat Georgia and draw with Poland. Last match, Poland 2nd and us 3rd if they beat or draw with Ireland but if Ireland win in Poland we`d be level on 18 points with ROI (who`d finish 3rd) and Poland (who`d be 4th) while we qualify direct. Not that unlikely I`d say. Worried that ROI could win against relaxed and already qualified Poland but if we beat Georgia and draw with Poland that shouldn`t happen.