Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed

tartanpar

just the way i am. Same with club football. When the fa cup is drawn i always hope for a big manchester derby or i want hearts and hibs to draw each other.

We haven't played England in a meaningful game this century so it's time we drew them.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just the way i am. Same with club football. When the fa cup is drawn i always hope for a big manchester derby or i want hearts and hibs to draw each other.

We haven't played England in a meaningful game this century so it's time we drew them.

Fair enough but I'd rather leave it a few years until we have a realistic chance of beating them.

I'd rather get an easier pot 1 team and draw the English in the finals. I'd also rather draw them in the finals next summer than the WC qualifiers. Their finals form is a lot weaker than their qualifying form.

Aw this greetin about Wales!?! They're a 1 man team. Nail monkey face and the games ours. Too much cuddly "respect" for cockwombles these days.

Point here is Romania aren't even a one man team and is why I'd much sooner draw them. Pretty logical choice for dream draw for me - looked far from top seeders when drawing against Northern Ireland whilst Wales were beating Belgium in the same round of fixtures.

Aw this greetin about Wales!?! They're a 1 man team. Nail monkey face and the games ours. Too much cuddly "respect" for cockwombles these days.

they beat us at Hampden last time out after Bale was injured.

They are not a one man team - in Bale they have a world-renowned great player like Ronaldo for Portugal and Ibrahimovic for Sweden that takes from a good team to a very good team.

We dont have that world-renowned great player

+1

fkin right. i would bring the dog back for this game and tell him to haff Bale. Hopefully he could do it in a yellow card type of foul and then we could sub him for a younger player.

I've said previously I would want Romania.

I've been following their team and believe me it wouldn't be easy.

People keep using the Northern Ireland game as justification for wanting them, but not many teams play well at Windsor Park. In the home leg Romania played them off the park.

By all accounts they are developing another talented team akin to the 1990s one and a world ranking of 12th suggests this aint just media talk either.

So yeah I would like Romania as I would feel confident against them than most of the other pot 1 seeds, although Wales would be my first choice.

However I wouldn't be surprised if they took all 6 points off us, I really think they are developing another 'golden generation'

I've said previously I would want Romania.

I've been following their team and believe me it wouldn't be easy.

People keep using the Northern Ireland game as justification for wanting them, but not many teams play well at Windsor Park. In the home leg Romania played them off the park.

By all accounts they are developing another talented team akin to the 1990s one and a world ranking of 12th suggests this aint just media talk either.

So yeah I would like Romania as I would feel confident against them than most of the other pot 1 seeds, although Wales would be my first choice.

However I wouldn't be surprised if they took all 6 points off us, I really think they are developing another 'golden generation'

Sorry but this isn't just going on the Northern Ireland result AND performance which was not golden. Look at their campaign and they have more trouble scoring goals than us and results such as 1-0 win at HOME to the Faroe Islands display they are not in the same calibre as others in pot 1. Now forgive me for referring to recent form but we got a nasty shock when drawn against Wales recently so that puts me off getting them again and would take them in order of say Romania, Wales, Croatia and then anything after that starts getting nasty.

Sorry but this isn't just going on the Northern Ireland result AND performance which was not golden. Look at their campaign and they have more trouble scoring goals than us and results such as 1-0 win at HOME to the Faroe Islands display they are not in the same calibre as others in pot 1. Now forgive me for referring to recent form but we got a nasty shock when drawn against Wales recently so that puts me off getting them again and would take them in order of say Romania, Wales, Croatia and then anything after that starts getting nasty.

I might be a tad bias as I have a Romanian mate who i stream the matches with, but you've would've also noticed that they aint any decent teams in that group either. Romania barely got out of second gear in those matches and are still well set to qualify. They do need a decent goalscorer though, but as unit they are very good. Wouldn't look too much into the Faroes thing either as they rarely get thrashed, mostly always get beaten, but rarely thrashed.

I don't think Romania are the caliber of your Spain, Germany even England types that's why I said I would like to play them, but all I'm saying is that they are a decent vastly improving young side who I reckon will make a mark on this Euro or the next World Cup.

My order would be Wales, Romania, Croatia. Think if Wales qualify for EURO 2016, they will be under massive pressure to get the World Cup and that will work in their opponents favor. Plus we are better now under Strachan than Levein so bring them on.

Edited by ScottishTyke

I dont believe that the draw time has been announced yet by FIFA. It doesnt matter what time the draw was last time as that one was in Brazil and this one is in Russia. I imagine they will try and make it happen at the best time for global tv.

I did read a couple of things online today about the draw that some people might be interested in. The fixtures for the UEFA confederation will be announced the day after the draw (Sunday 26th of July) and Russia will play friendlies against the teams from one of the two 5 team groups (like France did this time). Also like the Euro draw England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Germany & the Netherlands cannot go into one of the two 5 team groups (for tv reasons).

My order would be Wales, Romania, Croatia. Think if Wales qualify for EURO 2016, they will be under massive pressure to get the World Cup and that will work in their opponents favor. Plus we are better now under Strachan than Levein so bring them on.

Well we are close to singing from the same score sheet as obviously we'd all prefer any of those three over the rest.

Well we are close to singing from the same score sheet as obviously we'd all prefer any of those three over the rest.

Indeed, though I do think if we land an awful seed in Pot 1, if we can avoid one of the real strong ones in Pot 2 like France then it won't be too bad.

Anybody know what time the draw is? I cant seem to find any reference to it online.

Quite fancy organising a Saturday session around it.

We'll meet up lunch time and then cover all possible times. :beer2:

POT 1

Belgium, Croatia, England, Germany, Netherlands, Romania, Portugal, Spain, Wales.

POT 2

Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Rep, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Slovakia, Switzerland.

POT 3

Albania, Greece, Northern Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Ukraine.

POT 4

Bulgaria, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Israel, Hungary, Montenegro, Norway, Rep of Ireland, Turkey,

POT 5

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, Finland, FYR Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova.

POT 6

Andorra, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, San Marino

From Pots Above my dream draw be:

Pot 1 Romaina

Pot 2 Slovakia

Pot 4 Estonia or Faroe Islands

Pot 5 Cyprus

Pot 6 Malta

POT 1

Belgium, Croatia, England, Germany, Netherlands, Romania, Portugal, Spain, Wales.

POT 2

Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Rep, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Slovakia, Switzerland.

POT 3

Albania, Greece, Northern Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Ukraine.

POT 4

Bulgaria, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Israel, Hungary, Montenegro, Norway, Rep of Ireland, Turkey,

POT 5

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, Finland, FYR Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova.

POT 6

Pot 1 Romaina

Pot 2 Slovakia

Pot 5 Cyprus

Pot 6 Malta

Pot 2 really is strong when you look at it, going to be incredibly difficult. A big team that could hump everybody wouldn't perhaps be the worst thing in the world out of pot 1, however, we said that about Germany.

For me

1. Romania

2. Czech, Slovakia or Bosnia. Difficult games all of them though.

4. Faroe Islands or Estonia

5. Moldova

6. Andorra

POT 1

POT 2

POT 3

POT 4

POT 5

POT 6

Pot 1 Romaina

Pot 2 Slovakia

Pot 5 Cyprus

Pot 6 Malta

Can already see a horrible group of death for us...