Never Felt So Good Being A Scotland Fan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Never Felt So Good Being A Scotland Fan

King Of Paisley

Sitting with a hauf just under a week before I head over the top with my pals to Dublin and have never felt so happy being a Scotland fan with they way things are. A manager who clearly knows what he is doing and has got his players running through brick walls for him, 2 defeats in 14 games and a huge huge game next week.

We have had our trials and tribulations watching this great nation of ours over the years but I simply wouldn't have it any other way. Just cannae wait for next week.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are as good as they have been since the days of Craig Brown. Who would have thought at the time we'd be saying that all these years later.

It's just a pity we have such a tough group for this one as qualification will be touch and go.

Having said that, I still fancy us to qualify. I would love to be in France next year.

After France 98 I remember looking forward to going to as many more finals as I could and I haven't had a chance since. Surely we will qualify this time?

Things are as good as they have been since the days of Craig Brown. Who would have thought at the time we'd be saying that all these years later.

Who would have thought we'd be saying that so soon after the Levein almost had us in pot 5?

Just after the win in France was the happiest I have ever been as a Scotland fan. I was so optimistic. The bit inbetween then and the Croatia win away has been absolutely horrible. Almost jacked it a few times.

It's not the despair, I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand......

I just want us to get to France next year!

Whilst it has been brilliant these last couple of years under the wee man i am very aware that this time next week we could easily be sitting 4th and stuggling. We're affectively in a situation where one fk up and we're screwed - next week is huge!

Whilst it has been brilliant these last couple of years under the wee man i am very aware that this time next week we could easily be sitting 4th and stuggling. We're affectively in a situation where one fk up and we're screwed - next week is huge!

Totally agree.

All the hard work can be so easily undone with a bad performance on Saturday.But iam convinced the players and coachin staff know this bring it on I say....

Who would have thought we'd be saying that so soon after the Levein almost had us in pot 5?

Yeah exactly.

Just goes to show how important it is to have the right manager in place.

Strachan completely changed the way we play and turned a group of more or less the same players Levein used from a group of headless chickens into a cohesive unit.

He always plays at least one striker as well. That always helps. ;)

I'm can't believe the ammount of people who mention 'jacking' it in on this board. My 1st game was in 96 and I have been a fan home and away during our worst period in history. Not once have I ever thought about jacking it in. This your country, for me you can't pick it up one minute and drop the next. Spare a thought for some teams that get nowhere near the big stage but still support there team no matter what. To get back to the original post I have been on a cloud not just pre and post games but even in the months when we have no games. WGS is perfect mix of tactical and inspiration.

Absolutely but if we don't qualify for this one I think it will be down to the toughness of the group as much as anything else. I think Strachan is getting the most out this squad. When was the last time we won our first three home games of a campaign?

If we had been in pot 2 for this campaign or had a slightly easier group (like England's group ;)) we'd have scooshed it.

I'm can't believe the ammount of people who mention 'jacking' it in on this board. My 1st game was in 96 and I have been a fan home and away during our worst period in history. Not once have I ever thought about jacking it in. This your country, for me you can't pick it up one minute and drop the next. Spare a thought for some teams that get nowhere near the big stage but still support there team no matter what. To get back to the original post I have been on a cloud not just pre and post games but even in the months when we have no games. WGS is perfect mix of tactical and inspiration.

I for one never jack it in....................

Scotland is the only football team I follow now gave up on club team long ago.

Expensive hobby yes...Heartbreaking yes...uplifting you bet...

Bring on each game always enjoy build up team choices rumours b/shit on here the whole deal.

End of the day only football......................But hell of a lot more....

That annoys me as well but I can understand it. A lot of older guys were used to qualifying for almost every World Cup as well as Euro 92 and 96.

Ok, we did hee haw when we got there but at least we were invited to the party. To go from that to not qualifying for anything for 16 years and counting must be tough. Especially when we were the first team eliminated in the last campaign.

Having said all that, you need to take the rough with the smooth and qualifying for France 2016 will be all the sweeter when we do it.

I for one never jack it in....................

Scotland is the only football team I follow now gave up on club team long ago.

Expensive hobby yes...Heartbreaking yes...uplifting you bet...

Bring on each game always enjoy build up team choices rumours b/shit on here the whole deal.

End of the day only football......................But hell of a lot more....

:ok::ok::ok:

Best time following Scotland for me was 2007, always remember the last home game v Italy where we were duped but afterwards the players came out and everyone stayed in the stadium and gave them a standing ovation

Best time following Scotland for me was 2007, always remember the last home game v Italy where we were duped but afterwards the players came out and everyone stayed in the stadium and gave them a standing ovation

Jep was a brilliant game.Just missing that bit of luck.

Have seen many great times with Scotland over the past 30-odd years but I haven't felt so up for a game as much in a long time (at least not since we last qualified for WC98, the possible exception probably 2007 v Italy).

I think what has made the difference in recent times is Strachan's emphasis on performance first, rather than result. If you perform well regularly, the results will follow on naturally.

If Germany had done the biz against ireland and poland we would have been sitting in a great position. Having beat ireland and getting a draw in Poland. We can't really have asked for much more up to date.