Glasgow Pub For Cl Final - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Pub For Cl Final

Munro's on Great Western Road is a good shout, ditto Coopers.

You could also try Dram on Woodlands Road (used to be Uisge Beatha) if you are wanting to watch the fitba', or the Old Schoolhouse, which is just across the road.

Edited by scotlad

Aragon is good but it's quite wee, so you might want to get there early to get a decent seat with a view of a telly.

Further up the road you've got Tennents which is decent enough and if you go the other way you've got Gallus (probably best of the lot).

I ended up all the way from Partick down Dumbarton Road. Second pub we were in and some cock was slavering in front of my wife about "Proddies and Cafflicks."

The odd look on her pus said it all. Welcome to Scotland dear. Embarrassing.

I ended up all the way from Partick down Dumbarton Road. Second pub we were in and some cock was slavering in front of my wife about "Proddies and Cafflicks."

The odd look on her pus said it all. Welcome to Scotland dear. Embarrassing.

Most pubs on Dumbarton Rd heading west are pretty "earthy"/dodgy. If you don't know the area fine - but if you do, you can't really be surprised or embarrassed.

Most pubs on Dumbarton Rd heading west are pretty "earthy"/dodgy. If you don't know the area fine - but if you do, you can't really be surprised or embarrassed.

I know the area well. She asked for proper, working class Scottish pubs. Non-wanky ones. She got that. Just the look on her pus and me having to explain what the "proddies and cafflicks" thing was, was priceless. Embarrassing being the Scot.