Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

Andy Walker walked past the away section on Sunday from the TV studio (which was in the corner) and i was amazed he escaped abuse :lol:

Probably because he's a nobody, best ignored, who was the ex don that got a standing ovation when going to said press box.... was in the George Fox stand and couldnt make him out... skinny with blue suit...

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because he's a nobody, best ignored, who was the ex don that got a standing ovation when going to said press box.... was in the George Fox stand and couldnt make him out... skinny with blue suit...

Aye, you're probably right.

I've no idea, i can't recall that happening. Totally passed me by. Although i know Russell Anderson was on TV, so maybe him?

Edited by Parklife

Agreed on Andy W@nker.

The ex-Don will most likely have been Russell Anderson.

Richard Wilson is the only one at BBC Sports Scotland who is a genuinely decent journo and plays it even.

Houston (as much as a bawbag he is) was right in his questioning of McLaughlan.

When he asked English about the BBCs outcry over the Spence banning he couldn't answer - just he was told it was different. Why debate it English if you can't answer?

One good outcome was the admission by the guys that it's the guys above them who pushed for the 4 arrest story...

Can't see this was going away lightly.

Edited by Debian

Richard Wilson is the only one at BBC Sports Scotland who is a genuinely decent journo and plays it even.

When he asked English about the BBCs outcry over the Spence banning he couldn't answer - just he was told it was different. Why debate it English if you can't answer?

One good outcome was the admission by the guys that it's the guys above them who pushed for the 4 arrest story...

:lol:

I can see why Craig Houston heads up a Rangers fan group.

Houston wasn't right to question McGlaughlin at all, he was maybe right to question the coverage the BBC editor decided to give the sectarian singing story but then he tried to sweep that under the carpet.

Tom English didn't try to debate what happened with Spence at Dundee, Houston kept bringing it up because he's a paranoid ####tard who thinks ra peepil are being picked on. I'm glad the BBC allowed Houston to come on to the radio because it lets most sane minded people know how ridiculous both Houston and rangers are.

Funnily enough, the only people who speak highly of Wilson are Rangers fans.

Do we? I think Debian is the first bear I've seen speak highly of him. :)

If neither set of fans like him, he's probably doing his job quite well.

:ok:

If this was a one off I'd be more inclined to try and see it from Rangers point of view, but it seems a fairly common tactic at ibrox to ban folk if they don't like what they're saying, or how they're saying it.

Ironically those arrested for sectarian behaviour mentioned in the article probably won't be banned from ibrox.

Which of their groups are not headed by morons?

Rangers First tend to be the least confrontational group who just go about their business with little fuss or dramas.

Incidentally, from my seat in the Main Stand I saw one of the reporters at the Rangers v Peterhead game logging onto the Follow Follow messageboard during the first half. Searching for some more bigotry to be offended about nae doot! :wink2:

He done his usual "i didn't hear any sectarian singing", that he always does to excuse the bigots.

He then went along the line that he didn't care if folk had been arrested for sectarian singing, Chris McLaughlin should've been talking about how wonderful Rangers were in their victory, rather than folk being arrested for Neanderthal behaviours. He then went on about how the BBC pick on Rangers (hilarious considering how much coverage every bit of news from Ibrox gets). Then he accused Tom English of hated Rangers and alluded that Chris McLaughlin must be a Celtic fan.

I'm sure his rhetoric will appeal to many Rangers, it just makes him look like an idiot to everyone else.

I listened to the interview and while I didn't agree with a lot that Craig Houston said that is a distorted and inaccurate summary of the discussion that actually took place.

I listened to the interview and while I didn't agree with a lot that Craig Houston said that is a distorted and inaccurate summary of the discussion that actually took place.

Shockerooni.

I've looked up the offending article.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33665555

It was made out it was the match report, but this is a seperate stand alone story to the match report, about arrests at the match.

You could debate how newsworthy it is, but that would be sweeping it under the carpet.

To give it some context, here's an article and the opening paragraph from an accies v Motherwell game where some 14 year old boys were puffing their chests at each other across a line of police and stewards.

FOOTBALL fans yesterday spoke of their terror after a League Cup derby clash exploded into violence

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-fans-tell-terror-after-4325994

:lol:

As yet nobody from the record has been banned from either club.

That you posted nonsense? Correct.

Nah, at your response. You could attempt to articulate what i said that was in accurate, although i appreciate that'd probably be too much of a challenge.

Nah, at your response. You could attempt to articulate what i said that was in accurate, although i appreciate that'd probably be too much of a challenge.

I just re- read what you wrote and could break it down sentence by sentence. You obviously wrote what you wanted to hear.

Rangers have revoked Chris mclaughlins press privileges at ibrox. In response, the bbc has said they will not cover rangers matches (home I assume).

Craig Houston said that jim spence encountered a similar issue at Dundee but the bbc did not refuse to cover Dundee matches. An interesting comparison. Tom English said that, based on hearsay from bbc bosses, it was a different situation but was unable to explain the difference.

Similarly, Richard Wilson raised the issue of Alex ferguson refusing to speak to the bbc but no one from the bbc could explain why the bbc continued to cover Man U but have now pulled their plug on the coverage of rangers.

Now, whether or not you agree with rangers' decision, these are interesting points that the bbc could not answer. I'm not saying that the bbc is against rangers but no one on the show the other night was equipped with the answers that could easily have swatted away the questions.

Stuart McCall effectively sympathised with rangers that the bbc had focused on 3 arrests out of 3,500 after a 6-2 win over their nearest rivals this season.

bruce778, on 04 Aug 2015 - 3:22 PM, said:

I just re- read what you wrote and could break it down sentence by sentence. You obviously wrote what you wanted to hear.

I could level the same accusation against you.

Craig Houston said that jim spence encountered a similar issue at Dundee but the bbc did not refuse to cover Dundee matches. An interesting comparison. Tom English said that, based on hearsay from bbc bosses, it was a different situation but was unable to explain the difference.

Tom English said he was told by BBC bosses that the situation was entirely different. I have no idea why Spence was banned from Dens. Maybe he was in the wrong and the BBC accepted this? You don't know, i don't know and Craig Houston doesn't know. I'd agree that it is possible that Houston MAY have had a point, but we don't know as we don't know the facts of that situation. Until Houston finds out the facts surrounding that, his point is worthless.

Similarly, Richard Wilson raised the issue of Alex ferguson refusing to speak to the bbc but no one from the bbc could explain why the bbc continued to cover Man U but have now pulled their plug on the coverage of rangers.

You're expecting a journalist on BBC Scotland to explain the editorial decision from the very top of BBC Sport on why they continued to cover one of the world's biggest football clubs?

Now, whether or not you agree with rangers' decision, these are interesting points that the bbc could not answer.

Tom English could not answer them. Is he the editor of BBC Sports Scotland? Have Rangers and the BBC attempted to hold dialogue in order to resolve the situation?

I'm not saying that the bbc is against rangers but no one on the show the other night was equipped with the answers that could easily have swatted away the questions.

Houston did claim the BBC were anti-Rangers, he did so many times. In between saying (for the 100th time) that he didn't hear the bigotry. Although seen as his Sons of Struth co-founder is a proven bigot and thug, that's hardly surprising.

Stuart McCall effectively sympathised with rangers that the bbc had focused on 3 arrests out of 3,500 after a 6-2 win over their nearest rivals this season.

A guy who played for and managed Rangers, sympathised with Rangers? Who'dda thunk it? Edited by Parklife

For the record, Houston categorically said he didn't think the bbc was anti-rangers and cited his appearances on the bbc as evidence for that so I think you need your ears checked. He said he thought certain people who worked for the bbc were anti rangers and labelled that accusation at tom English. Now I don't agree with that but you're clearly misrepresenting what was said.

Again he didn't say he didn't hear bigotry he said he didn't see people being arrested. I agree this is not the best point as who sees everything that goes on in a football ground even if they are there but again you are misrepresenting what was said.

His point re spence is not worthless and is worthy of rebuttal by the bbc. It appears that spence was banned from dens park by Dundee and this was not denied but the bbc continued to cover Dundee games. On its face, this appears inconsistent with the position adopted by the bbc in relation to rangers. The fact that bbc bosses spoke to tom English 30 mins before he went on air about the Dundee situation suggests there is some merit to this argument but he could not explain the different approach adopted. It may be that it's different but it's a worthwhile point and one that ought to have been easily rebutted by the bbc given it had all the facts at its fingertips.

For the record, Houston categorically said he didn't think the bbc was anti-rangers and cited his appearances on the bbc as evidence for that so I think you need your ears checked. He said he thought certain people who worked for the bbc were anti rangers and labelled that accusation at tom English. Now I don't agree with that but you're clearly misrepresenting what was said.

He continually said that he wanted rangers to be treated the same as other clubs are by the BBC. What does that mean then? Does he think the BBC are giving Rangers favourable treatment, or negative treatment?

Again he didn't say he didn't hear bigotry he said he didn't see people being arrested. I agree this is not the best point as who sees everything that goes on in a football ground even if they are there but again you are misrepresenting what was said.

He said he didn't hear it AND that he didn't see anyone being lifted. This isn't really relevant to the discussion we're having anyway but it was definitely said.

His point re spence is not worthless and is worthy of rebuttal by the bbc. It appears that spence was banned from dens park by Dundee and this was not denied but the bbc continued to cover Dundee games. On its face, this appears inconsistent with the position adopted by the bbc in relation to rangers. The fact that bbc bosses spoke to tom English 30 mins before he went on air about the Dundee situation suggests there is some merit to this argument but he could not explain the different approach adopted. It may be that it's different but it's a worthwhile point and one that ought to have been easily rebutted by the bbc given it had all the facts at its fingertips.

I'd agree that more information on why this was a different situation could and should have been provided. Houston's whole contention was that the situations were the same though, when in reality he has no clue.