Fox Hunting - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour.

These things are nothing but smaller packless wolves.

I've been reading up on these foxes on the Daily Mail site and it turns out that they are getting bigger all the time and could soon band together to hunt us in packs.

It's only a matter of time before we have wolves by the backdoor, by the backdoor.

They are also a vector for rabies, encourage boat people from the med, and a company of foxes is suspected to have designed and operated "The Smiler" at Alton Towers.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utter shite trying to make Labour look the good guys while abstaining on everything else

I believe the SNP have already stated that through some technicality the changes to the law has an effect on Scotland and they will be voting on it

fukking Labour

As i was saying - Nowt to do with Labour

Angus Robertson @AngusRobertson 14m14 minutes ago

MPs from @theSNP will oppose Tory fox-hunting plans in key vote. Thanks for the encouragement from constituents and citizens throughout UK.

And then there's this

Iain Martin @iainmartin1 10m10 minutes ago

By what conceivable logic does the hunting ban in England have anything at all to do with Scotland or Scottish MPs?

Wings Over Scotland @WingsScotland 6m6 minutes ago

.@iainmartin1 By what conceivable logic does one Scottish Tory MP have the right to overrule 58 Scottish MPs on Scottish matters?

Iain Martin @iainmartin1 4m4 minutes ago

.@WingsScotland There's this thing called the Union. Scots voted to keep it by decent margin meaning MPs sit in UK parliament. Simple really

Wings Over Scotland @WingsScotland 2m2 minutes ago

.@iainmartin1 Indeed. So stick "English votes for English laws" up your arse. There is no English Parliament. There's a UK one.

Honourable Investor @HonourInvestor 1m1 minute ago

@WingsScotland @iainmartin1 best close the Scots parliament then you vile Nazi prik

Edited by Ally Bongo

Think they are between a rock and a hard place

If they had abstained they would have been villified by more than just BBC Scotland ...

Obviously morally is the right thing to do and you could argue that politically it's not a bad idea, be a bit of a nuisance for the government and could lead to it being defeated, giving the SNP a wee boast in showing that under circumstances they can make a difference, also might push through EVEL, possibly a good thing long term for Indy

If, by some very unlikely quirk of politics, the SNP found themselves in a position where their votes could put an end to the death penalty in the USofA what do you they they should do?

Nothing, they should do nothing,I believe in the sovereignty of nations. Creating a situation where "implicit consent" is given to feck about with each others sovereignty comes across as extremely Jejune.

Especially considering it's a change of habit.

However what do I know, probably another amazing Piece of Real Politik by the SNP.

Nothing, they should do nothing,I believe in the sovereignty of nations. Creating a situation where "implicit consent" is given to feck about with each others sovereignty comes across as extremely Jejune.

Especially considering it's a change of habit.

However what do I know, probably another amazing Piece of Real Politik by the SNP.

"Don't leave the UK, lead the UK"

Cameron and the torries can't have it both ways

"Don't leave the UK, lead the UK"

Cameron and the torries can't have it both ways

And either can the SNP. They can't attempt to take the moral high-ground and say they won't vote on English only matters, then do the complete opposite and vote on them.

I'm sure Scunnered will be on here to praise the SNP today, since they done what he wanted them to. ;)

Vows are made to be broken . . .

I don't want the SNP to play politics like the other 3 big parties do. I want them to stand for something and live up to the values they espouse.

One thing they stood for was not voting on English only matters. Now it turns out that they only stood for that when it suited them.

I don't want the SNP to play politics like the other 3 big parties do. I want them to stand for something and live up to the values they espouse.

One thing they stood for was not voting on English only matters. Now it turns out that they only stood for that when it suited them.

They worse thing here is that Scotland already has the law that Westminster wanted to implement, I know they are looking to change it but why not do it earlier?

I know what you're saying but overall it's the right thing to do, will win them as many friends as enemies

And either can the SNP. They can't attempt to take the moral high-ground and say they won't vote on English only matters, then do the complete opposite and vote on them.

I'm sure Scunnered will be on here to praise the SNP today, since they done what he wanted them to. ;)

I'm going to agree with you 100% here. I think it's a bad move and the "to show the Tories how small their majority is" justification is pathetic, this is hubris.