Scotland Squad - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad

wanderer

For the game at Parkhead, Mulgrew was wearing number 3 and Robertson 15 but we had no number 7 in our team which suggests to me that Strachan was going to have Mulgrew at left back and Morrison beside Brown in midfield. I assume Morrison picked up a knock in the lead up to the game which meant the reshuffle.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gordon's team for Dublin will be:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Greer

Mulgrew

Brown

Morrison

Naismith

Maloney

Anya

Fletcher

That would be my guess.

Hopefully some of the form players (Berra, Griffiths, Adam, D.Fletcher) start against Qatar and make the decision even harder.

Not happy with Forrest, Bannan or Fletcher.

Think we should go with Griffiths and Naismith up front. Can't understand fowks obsession with Fletcher, he's done nothing of note for a long time for club or country

Not happy with Forrest, Bannan or Fletcher.

Think we should go with Griffiths and Naismith up front. Can't understand fowks obsession with Fletcher, he's done nothing of note for a long time for club or country

Except score our first hat trick in 50 years . . .

Except score our first hat trick in 50 years . . .

Against an impressive Gibraltar side...

(actually forgot about that but still...)

Nah, no impressed with him at all, can't see how we can overlook Griffiths at the moment but we don't pick the team.

Johnny Russell 0 goals in 18 matches ethis year is a surprising inclusion for me.

I rate Russell but his whole club team have taken a nose dive as of late. He's not really had a chance except against England, would like to see him play against Qatar.

I'd prefer S Fletch - just for the fact that I had a dream he scored the winner... :lol:

Morrison was excellent last night, he must start imo. Would also consider giving Ritchie a start in behind the striker.. Maloney may be a bit knackert with all the travelling

He's not exactly travelling far, its one flight which he can afford to be first on first class and probably sleep the whole way.

For the game at Parkhead, Mulgrew was wearing number 3 and Robertson 15 but we had no number 7 in our team which suggests to me that Strachan was going to have Mulgrew at left back and Morrison beside Brown in midfield. I assume Morrison picked up a knock in the lead up to the game which meant the reshuffle.

I wish we had squad numbers, don't know why but it really annoys me how half the team has a different number everytime they play.

Edit to add, get James Forrest to f*ck he's so so bad. GMS and Armstrong should feel hard done by again, especially with that nugget Mulgrew and Ritchie getting I'm before them. Mulgrew is going to be nowhere near match fit.

Edited by Kirk

Against an impressive Gibraltar side...

(actually forgot about that but still...)

Nah, no impressed with him at all, can't see how we can overlook Griffiths at the moment but we don't pick the team.

He's an important member of a winning side

You don't change a winning side if you can avoid it

Read an Irish fans comment on YBIG about our squad. I think it was this....

"There is no one player in that squad I fear but what I do fear is Strachan”

Sums it up for me and I believe if I was a supporter of any of Scotland opposition teams I would be of the same mind set. Scotland, playing as a team under WGS is better than the sum of its parts, In Gord we trust. Keep the Faith, BELIEVE and ‘MON SCOTLAND!

Read an Irish fans comment on YBIG about our squad. I think it was this....

"There is no one player in that squad I fear but what I do fear is Strachan”

Sums it up for me and I believe if I was a supporter of any of Scotland opposition teams I would be of the same mind set. Scotland, playing as a team under WGS is better than the sum of its parts, In Gord we trust. Keep the Faith, BELIEVE and ‘MON SCOTLAND!

I believe the Irish fans are clutching at straws now knowing a defeat in three weeks almosts end there chances !!

Agree with previous post 1 - 1 draw looks a good shout .

Cant see us getting beat over there always fancied it even from the draw last year...

Agree, Scott Brown and Charlie seem to be able to read each others game and work as an effective unit.

Yip, I think we've looked at our best with the Mulgrew/Brown midfield pairing. Brown is a certainty so i think it's probably the most debatable position for the Ireland game who will play beside him.

Yip, I think we've looked at our best with the Mulgrew/Brown midfield pairing. Brown is a certainty so i think it's probably the most debatable position for the Ireland game who will play beside him.

I think you will find that is Darren Fletcher.

Hope Brown retains arm band though .