Transfer Rumours - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So even when you agree you can't agree?! :lol:

I should maybe have said he's not worth that to us when we can potentially get him on a pre contract for nothing in January. And as we've seen with Celtic and United, quite often when a pre contract is signed the player then ends up moving on so if that were the case it wouldn't surprise me to see him come in January for about 250K. For what it's worth I think Hibs are (rightly) going to dig their heels in here and we won't get him this window.

You could well be right. Although £250k in January could be worth very little if Hibs are still fighting for the title.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course wouldn't be anywhere near that if they aren't.

Yup. I'd suspect the Hibs fans would at least accept him leaving if they were out of the promotion race though.

Yup. I'd suspect the Hibs fans would at least accept him leaving if they were out of the promotion race though.

If Hibs are out of the promotion race come January, and by that I mean play off positions too, then they have more to worry about than how much they are getting for Scott Allan.

£1m was mentioned above. If Scott Allan is the difference between Hibs coming up, either directly or via play offs, then I think him remaining with Hibs is worth more to them than that cash amount. Obviously Rangers are not going to pay £1m for him but considering the two bids have apparently been £175k and £250k then even at £500k, surely the extra money they would bring in by being in SPL next season is more than that?

Aye agreed

If Hibs are out of the promotion race come January, and by that I mean play off positions too, then they have more to worry about than how much they are getting for Scott Allan.

£1m was mentioned above. If Scott Allan is the difference between Hibs coming up, either directly or via play offs, then I think him remaining with Hibs is worth more to them than that cash amount. Obviously Rangers are not going to pay £1m for him but considering the two bids have apparently been £175k and £250k then even at £500k, surely the extra money they would bring in by being in SPL next season is more than that?

Again a good point in theory but, Fitba' clubs don't think like that these days, especially up here. I think it was a Hibby further up that said he didn't go anymore because he didn't want to 'follow a business'. Spot on with that statement IMO, no one is prepared to take a risk like that.

How would benching him for the season help Hibs?

Stop him playing for their rivals?

But aye, if they aren't going to sell him - surely he'll still play for them!

How would benching him for the season help Hibs?

Stop him playing for their rivals?

But aye, if they aren't going to sell him - surely he'll still play for them!

Sure i heard on the radio this morning that Rangers PR agency the Daily Record said that Allan is gagging to go.

I think the eventual outcome will be that hibs will sell him to somebody else.

I think Rangers trying to sign Allan is about getting bums on seats and selling season tickets as much as winning the Championship.

and trying to unsettle Hibs before their game in a few days time

Sure i heard on the radio this morning that Rangers PR agency the Daily Record said that Allan is gagging to go.

That broke last night before it was in The Record this morning. In fact I think I heard it on the 6 o'clock news.

I mind the Record and their "Goodwillie desperate for Gers move" story before he went to Blackburn. Blackburn were bidding in excess of £2million while Rangers were submitting an £800k bid :lol:

I mind the Record and their "Goodwillie desperate for Gers move" story before he went to Blackburn. Blackburn were bidding in excess of £2million while Rangers were submitting an £800k bid :lol:

I doubt it was even that....

The Petrofac Training cup is one of the most revered tournaments in world football.

especially for a side thats never won it, despite spunking millions in the lower leagues....

and trying to unsettle Hibs before their game in a few days time

Do you really think that is Rangers thinking, for a Petrofac cup game? It's not that they are want to sign a talented footballer?

I think Rangers trying to sign Allan is about getting bums on seats and selling season tickets as much as winning the Championship.

I had this conversation with a mate at work this morning and he said the same thing. Is Scott Allan really that much of a draw? I don't think so. Maybe you are the same person.....should you be pricing some funds about now?!

Do you really think that is Rangers thinking, for a Petrofac cup game? It's not that they are want to sign a talented footballer?

I don't know if its even 'thinking' - unsettling opposing teams players is so ingrained and natural to them, and their PR guys at the Daily Record