The Official General Election 2015 - Page 50 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Official General Election 2015

Nick Robinson nearly chugging himself talking about the black hole if Scotland gets FFA.

Hopefully we'll show him and his like

Their first reaction is to trot out the usual "Scotland is too stupid to rule itself" line

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EU referendum sometime over the next 5 years must be a strong possibility now.... it just gets better and better.

Edit: the tories are going to significantly lurch to the right from here. It is going to be ugly. Cameron's majority will be at the mercy of the more extreme right within the party.

Edited by thplinth

The absolute dream scenario for me.

Complete SNP whitewash beyond my wildest dreams, but not tied to a shitty coalition that could potentially have damaged their reputation. Probably pretty impotent in the face of a Tory majority but able to vote with integrity against Trident etc, and hopefully set up for the next steps on our road to independence - ever-increasing membership, a big result in 2016, and the possibility of a game changing referendum on Europe.

I'd rather not have the Tories in power, but as we have no say whatsoever over that, this is the best scenario I could have imagined and should absolutely drive home in folks' minds that we are just so, so politically different from the rest of the UK.

Brilliant to see Murphy, Alexander, Curran and Donohoe all getting the chop.

And still outgoing scottish labour mp's still trying to trot out the line that the SNP wipeout in Scotland damaged their chances of being the biggest party whilst failing to understand that people are able to add up. Its labours failure to win in England that has caused this.

Scotland has essentially taken itself out of the equation and let England duke it it out amongst herself. And the old bitch has overwhelmingly voted tory , again, as is her way.

Robinson sucking on Ed Ball's balls now. Christ he is either at your throat or at your feet. An archetypal BBC rat if ever there is one..

Edited by thplinth

Slighty deflated that we still have any non-SNP Mp's at all !!

The SNP made a mistake in not ditching that idiot in Edinbugh South, and quite annoyed that we're not a Tory free zone.

Still...... :wink2:

Are there separate counts in Shetland and Orkney? Is one different from the other?

I know the total count, I'm just wondering if people in Shetland could also vote for that total ####tard as well?

Dave Cameron said it would be 'illegitimate' for democratically elected Scottish MP's to form a coalition with Labour MP's and 'impose' a Labour led government on the people of England who mostly voted for the Tories.

That would illegitimate.

Yet now he will impose a Tory government using English MPs on Scotland.

So how is that legitimate now Dave?

This a sensational result for the hopes of independence. After Sept 18th this is the first time I have felt a little better.

Edited by thplinth

The quote thing isn't working on my machine.

But those two maps together

The one one the left, in my pished state, looks like a blue and red witch about to give a blow job

The second one's gan, eughh

Or am I worse than I thought?

FFS. Even on the equal sized constituency electoral map they have to put a perspective tilt that favours the south :rolleyes:

that map is based on population,. it makes sense when you follow it but looks nowt like the UK.

The quote thing isn't working on my machine.

But those two maps together

The one one the left, in my pished state, looks like a blue and red witch about to give a blow job

The second one's gan, eughh

Or am I worse than I thought?

You are more pished than you think mate :lol:

that map is based on population,. it makes sense when you follow it but looks nowt like the UK.

I know. Just having a daft wee dig at the fact that even though it shows equal-sized constituencies it is *still* tilted so the north is smaller than the south...

I know. Just having a daft wee dig at the fact that even though it shows equal-sized constituencies it is *still* tilted so the north is smaller than the south...

Is it, they look equal to me.

My thoughts.

The Tories played a blinder. Don't under estimate the fear factor down here in England to the SNP.

Bitter sweet. I now 100% believe Scotland will be independent within 10 years. However living in England I feel completely helpless. England has lurched to the right, and I can't see any credible opposition in England. It will come, but it's going to be a long tough road.

J

Delighted that the SNP got 56/59 up here and that Labour now have less MP's in Scotland than Pandas. It's what they get for taking Scotland for granted for so long, treating them with contempt and Ed Miliband walking away from negotiations on more powers to Scotland hours after the Referendum result.

The Labour apologists across the board (whether on here, social media etc) blaming the SNP for their demise need to take a long hard look closer to home as to where the real problems lie. When their "leader" says he'd rather surrender power to the Tories than work with another party then it's political suicide, that statement last week handed Cameron the keys to No.10 on a plate and gave him a majority.