Colin Hendry - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

He's had a pretty damn miserable time in the last ten years or so - his wife died, he went bankrupt, pretty sure I read that he's also has had drink and gambling problems.

All the same, if he's found guilty (that's if) of this very serious charge then he should face the full force of the law.

Aye lets all feel sorry for the wife beater who ripped off his friends because he was a football player.

Hitler would get an easy ride on the Tamb if he played centre half for Rapid Vienna

Nobody defended Hendry they simply commented on your idiocy which was warranted.

I wonder how much his wife's death affected his mental state. Does seem to be blow after blow for him. Don't get me wrong if he is guilty then he def should get his just punishment. I just wonder how much of the last decade has Affecter him

I wonder how much his wife's death affected his mental state. Does seem to be blow after blow for him. Don't get me wrong if he is guilty then he def should get his just punishment. I just wonder how much of the last decade has Affecter him

He's never recovered. I've talked to him a couple of times and he just seems beaten by life. It's a shame.

Guest allyc

End of his footballing career.nothing to aspire to.fallen idol.wife on ventilator then later dies having a corrective procedure after devoping a sepsis.spiralling dept from gambling.think his mental health isn't in a good state.loved Colin hendry when he played for Scotland.hope he is able to get himself sorted out.

Hoping Colin can recover from these set backs. Only he can help himself.

He hasn't spirralled out of control as much as Gazza, but I am concerned for him.

Get well soon Colin, one of the tartan army fans favourites and I personally wish you well and hope you can get your life back on track.

seems a bit of a cretin in his private life.

sad that his wife died of course, but thats not really an excuse i dont think.

was always an arrogant so and so on the pitch. if he was notscottish we would probably have hated him.

Ive met him before - thought he was an absolute khunto. Arrogant , vindictive - didn't like him at all even though I wanted to. As for devoted husband ?? Seems to have done the dirty on his neighbour who lent him money. My opinions backed up by a Blackpool player who was there when he was one of the worst ever managers - telling everyone they were crap and bigging himself up as an international centre-half.

Edited by irnbruman