Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Toepoke

"Richard Gordon just said that wouldn't be the case if Celtic win the league and cup. Didn't realise the rules had changed?..."

They changed them because they didn't want diddy teams embarrassing Scotland in Europe.

That's the job of the likes of Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Dundee Utd etc.

Falkirk seem to be on the ropes at half-time, but its still 0_0 so maybe it will be the bairns day. The falkirk keeper is in good form, great save just before half-time. :ok:

msytic meg :-))

Congrats to Falkirk, as all football fans know you must take your chances when you get them. Classic sucker punch from Falkirk. At least hibs can focus on their promotion campaign.

Did someone on sportsound not say yesterday that if celtic win the cup the second placed team in the league enter thr europa cup at a later stage

I think that's correct.

I still want ICT to win today though.

I would have prefered Hibs to win yesterday because if we make it through then it would have meant a full stadium for the final adding to the occasion.

Would be maybe 30k max against falkirk but for those with crowd fetishes a Scottish cup win means just the same wether there is 100k or 5k there.

I would have prefered Hibs to win yesterday because if we make it through then it would have meant a full stadium for the final adding to the occasion.

Would be maybe 30k max against falkirk but for those with crowd fetishes a Scottish cup win means just the same wether there is 100k or 5k there.

It's about winning the cup, not the size of the crowd. I believe alot more Falkirk fans will go to the final if we play Caley. GOOD LUCK :ok: Edited by jimstroma

I'm going to the final to support Falkirk :)

I can't understand why an alleged fan isn't arsed about a semi-final.

Didn't say I'm not arsed. I'm really excited and have been looking forward to this game for ages.

I live an hour North of Inverness though so would have to leave at 6am at the latest. Have a baby under a year who I was looking after last night. My gf is on maternity leave and currently unpaid so money is extremely tight and I couldn't afford this and the final, not a chance. I also go back to work tomorrow and need to prepare.

That's why I probably wouldn't have gone even if I was free.

Edited by iainmac1