Jason Brown - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've just caught a snippet on the World BBC channel over here about UK fitba' players suffering online racist abuse. Jason Brown was interviewed and said it was worse in Scotland than in England. Is this true?

I've just caught a snippet on the World BBC channel over here about UK fitba' players suffering online racist abuse. Jason Brown was interviewed and said it was worse in Scotland than in England. Is this true?

Would be difficult to say but this link is one instance of where someone in Scotland was reported - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-20687354

I believe he has again been targeted in England - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/07/dartford-jason-brown-criticises-kick-it-out-lack-support

Curiously only time I saw him "live" was at Wales v Mexico game in NY on way back from Jaxville

There may be a trivia question somewhere there

Dons keepers ; Bobby Clark and him playing in world cup venues in USA

To be fair to them, do they not dish abuse in equal measure to everyone ?

I've always found Paisley be a fair and equitable place when abuse is being dished out! Edited by RenfrewBlue

Ruud Gullit did say the worst rascist abuse he got in his life was in Paisley...

:yikes3:

Edited to say answer is in the above post.

Disna seem right that Gullit was in Paisley...it's almost comical ! :lol:

Edited by jock strap

remember the disgraceful scenes when the Celtic fans threw onto the pitch bananas at the rangers player mark Walters

As deplorable as it was ,I don't think Jason Brown witnessed that so I doubt it helped form his opinion about modern day Scotland having a worse problem than England.